pls recommend the cheapest place to give birth for foreigner

kentan226

Hi all mummies
my current wife is a vietnamese (foreigner) and her due is on june 2017.
we had visited KK hospital once and was charge near to $400 for our 1st visit.
2nd visit was advice about $600 so we skip..
can any mummies recommend me a doctor/hospital that charge reasonable price?
bcos my wife is a foreigner so i cant use my medusave for deduction.. everything must be pay in cash..
pls kindly help and advice small brother me..
Thanks Thanks

not yet.. only try out KK hospital so far.. got people recommend me to call up NUH to check for package price.. but NUH say dont have package price for foreigner... :(

yup.. im thinking of going private too.. but got no idea which clinic to go too... seems all are costly for foreigner.. so hope to have some good advice/recommendation from here...

Private clinics usually only have one fees for all.

However, I would like to point out that what you are planning now is for the "best case scenario" i.e. a smooth pregnancy, an easy delivery, and a healthy baby. Unfortunately in life, we should also plan for the worst case scenario. You may want to check on maternity insurance and what it covers. Although KK charges private rate for foreigner (is it too late to get a PR?)... they are still the cheapest and best when it comes to neonatal care. And this is real.

My colleague's wife water broke at 28 weeks and the baby was in NICU for 60 days. $1k per day, even for PR and subsidized rate. He spent the next few years paying the bill in installments. Thankfully, everything was smooth sailing from then onwards. Another colleague had her baby at 29 - 32 weeks each, and she had 3 babies. She is a Singaporean, but would tell me she spends the next 2 years after delivery paying for the bill, then another baby, another 2-year bill....

Of course, as a parent, I do wish you a smooth pregnancy and delivery!

yup.. im thinking of going private too.. but got no idea which clinic to go too... seems all are costly for foreigner.. so hope to have some good advice/recommendation from here...

Gynea is quite a personal choice There r some women who prefers only female doc while there r others who prefers male Quite individual.., n there r those whose DH prefers their wives choose a female doc... etc

Ask among your relatives n frens n c if there is 1 dat meets your criteria

Just go private since u don't enjoy subsidies there is no point going government hospital. Private gynae cost maybe $120-$200 per visit.

Hospital and doctor fees are also same, no difference for foreigner and local in private hospital. Suggest you look at Mt Alvernia or Parkway East - the more affordable options. You should be able to find hospital package rates on their web page.

Decide on the hospital then look at which doctors deliver at the hospital of your choice.

That being said, if in the worst case there are complications with the delivery, I think your baby can still be at subsidized rates if you register the birth as Singaporean ... u may want to find out from hospitals beforehand

Back