Ovulation test

kodomokirei

Hi everyone! My husband n I are trying for a baby this year. Was advised by chinese sinseh to do ovaluation test, however i have some enquries, can someone pls advice..

My cycle is 26 days, so sinseh advise to do ovaluation test frm day 6-11. I did the test from day 6 till today, day 9 but all result turns up negative.

Decided to Google online and found out that we must do it in the evening and hold urine for at least4 hrs, is it true? Is ovaluation test the only way to test if Im ovaluating?

Hello Kodo! I've also been trying to TTC for the past few months. Used the OPK for the first time few months back. Bought the clearblue digital with the smiley face. instructions say to use first urine in the morning. So I followed. Used it for consecutive 4 mornings and no smiley shown. So i'm very puzzled. My hp apps says today is the day. How come still showing 0 fertility. So I test the 2nd time at about 7pm. And a smiley shows up! And i test it again the next day morning 1st pee. 0 fertility again. If i didn't test it in previous evening, does it means i will completely missed the smiley for the entire cycle?

After that i went to google. Google says to test OPK (any brands) during afternoon or evenings because ovulation will happen in the afternoon. Since then, i have been testing my OPK in the afternoons in the subsequent months. And a smiley will show exactly on my 11th day. But, still no news until now. :(

Suggest you can start testing in the afternoon instead?

Hello Kodo! I've also been trying to TTC for the past few months. Used the OPK for the first time few months back. Bought the clearblue digital with the smiley face. instructions say to use first urine in the morning. So I followed. Used it for consecutive 4 mornings and no smiley shown. So i'm very puzzled. My hp apps says today is the day. How come still showing 0 fertility. So I test the 2nd time at about 7pm. And a smiley shows up! And i test it again the next day morning 1st pee. 0 fertility again. If i didn't test it in previous evening, does it means i will completely missed the smiley for the entire cycle?

After that i went to google. Google says to test OPK (any brands) during afternoon or evenings because ovulation will happen in the afternoon. Since then, i have been testing my OPK in the afternoons in the subsequent months. And a smiley will show exactly on my 11th day. But, still no news until now. :(

Suggest you can start testing in the afternoon instead?

Hi LimXJ,

I went bk to see e sinseh last wk. According to her, if e indication in our urine is not high enough, it will not show a positive result and she says its unneccessary to test twice a day.

Btw, do you know that chinese and western doctor method of calculating ovulation is different so i guess the app may nt b accurate.

Thks for sharing, maybe nxt cycle i will try to test in the afternoon! Best luck to you and me!!

Need help / advice!!!

I'm using Clearblue digital ovulation kit for this month cycle and using hp app to track my fertile week. Used the kit in the morning as what the instructions given. But no smiley face detected so far and my fertile week already over. Does its mean I do not ovulate at all even though i have periods regularly?

Thank you in advance!!

I think ovulation for every one is different. Like for me sometimes it can be on Day 10 or 14, 15 or 16 even.

If we are stressed up, ovulation may be delayed also. I either test in the afternoon or evenings.

There was once I tested in the afternoon and it was two dark lines but evening I tested again the line looks lighter. Not sure is it because of diluted urine or maybe my ovulation window is very short.

I am using Clearblue digital ovulation kit too. I have 28 days cycle and will mostly show positive pn day 13. First few try i test from day 9 to 13 until i found out that my ovulation is day 13. Sometime test on morning show negative and sometime i test in the evening, it is positive. Day 15 it show negative already. i didnt test on day 14 as i want to save money

i dun think i ovulate also . cause i went iui so. one time positive then fail all become negative. went to see doctor, she said some ppl might come period regular, does not mean they also ovulate , some come regular period but no ovulate de...

depend on body also . even i test afternoon and night on felitry period also negivate. i took clomid also allergy.

:(

Read several articles that say ovulation should be tested later in the day and it's best to test 2x a day with about 10-12 hours interval. Testing 2x a day allows you to catch the best time for BD. For me, I only test 1x at night only. Too taxing to test 2x a day.

Usually testing with 1st urine in morning is for pregnancy tests.

i have test for the last 3 mths, the 3rd mth in evening instead of morning then i give u cos still neg :confused: is it true have to hold urine for 4 hrs prior ? i did not hold for so long...
i have a 34-35 day cycle so i really not sure till now when is my ovulation date :p so far, no news yet sob..sob

i think ovulation test is essential if one is ttc.

i started in july, consecutively for 3 months but no news as i did not do any ovulation test, thinking that ovulation occurs regularly according to our cycle, moreover my cycle varies from 30 to 38 days. so i followed the fertile days based on mobile app.

oct i bought the clearblue digital and test consecutively for 4 days and tried on 2 occasions. missed my period and tested positive last week and week 6 now. yet to visit a gynae though.

i tested all in the morning for all ovulation test. good luck to all ladies!!!

I have a question:
Ovulation tells us we will ovulate within the next 24-48hours, so does it means we will not ovulate from 0 - 23 hours?

And can pregnancy happen when intercourse only occurs 48 hours later since the positive test of ovulation?
TIA!!!

I think you guys have a lot of confusion here.

You ovulate only once a month and there are just a few days during that time when it's possible to conceive

According to my gynae, in other to optimize the chance of getting preggy, why dont you try to BD every 2 to 3 days a week from day 9 of your menses, normally ovulation happns on the 14 days but not every month is the same (eg: if you have your menses on 1jan, BD on 9jan onwards 2,3 times a week during that week). the fertiled egg only survives on the Fallopian tube within 24hours while sperms can survive up to 7 days. "This means you'll have healthy sperm in your fallopian tubes whenever your egg gets released."

Source: http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-to-get-pregnant-fast_10337115.bc

Last edited:

Back