2017/03 March Mummies

Hi all, please note that when you PM me or @CTTC, please PM with:
1. EDD
2. Last Menstral Period (LMP)
3. FB email address (ensure your privacy setting is set such that you can receive emails from FB)

So that we don't have to keep asking you these details and this would really save time on our end. (Imagine having to ask over 100 people the same Qs.. I am exaggerating but I hope you know where I am getting at ;))
Exactly. Do not say you asked a few times but with no information given... And pls do not double PM. PM just one of us with the information so it wouldn't become a double job on either of our end. Thanks and appreciate.

Hi Mummies, I'm thinking of renting a push cart to sell stuffs. any ideas what to sell that is lack in the market? Need suggestions... been cracking my brain juice but none comes out hahha...

I did the harmony test and had an inconclusive sex chromosome aneuploidy result. Dr told me there was no point in doing another blood test so I went for the amniocentesis test in my 16th week. I did it with Dr TC Chang. Entire process took 5 minutes and discomfort was minimal.
After a month and a half of anxiety, i got good news tt my child is healthy. Next appt will be to do Anomaly scan. Keeping fingers crossed that all will be ok.

As for nauseousness, it peaked at my 15th week but now it comes and goes..

I did the harmony test and had an inconclusive sex chromosome aneuploidy result. Dr told me there was no point in doing another blood test so I went for the amniocentesis test in my 16th week. I did it with Dr TC Chang. Entire process took 5 minutes and discomfort was minimal.
After a month and a half of anxiety, i got good news tt my child is healthy. Next appt will be to do Anomaly scan. Keeping fingers crossed that all will be ok.

As for nauseousness, it peaked at my 15th week but now it comes and goes..
Hi, I did amniocentesis with TC Chang too due to history... surprised that your blood test is not conclusive. Now I'm also waiting for detailed scan. Let's pray that everything will be fine.

Hi all, please note that when you PM me, @CTTC or @yingzz , please PM with:
1. EDD
3. FB email address (ensure your privacy setting is set such that you can receive emails from FB)

So that we don't have to keep asking you these details and this would really save time on our end. (Imagine having to ask over 100 people the same Qs.. I am exaggerating but I hope you know where I am getting at ;))

Anyone is pregnant at late 30s? How do u feel every morning u wake up?

Im feeling lethargic almost every day Aged 37 this year.

Hello mummies,
Have u experienced any white/yellow discharge? I am currently at wk20 and was wondering if this is normal? My next appt is in 2 weeks time.

TIA for your valuable advice!

Hi all, please note that when you PM me or @yingzz , please PM with:
1. EDD

Hello everyone!
My EDD is 22 March :)
Been reading up here and there but I still dont really know what to expect! :(
The forums seem a little quiet as well!

Im about 22 weeks now. A nurse advised me to take 2 folic acid tablets a day from 20th week onward. However, articles online seem to suggest that it is not necessary to keep taking it after 12 weeks or that excess folic acid may have an increased autism risks. Are you ladies increasing, maintaining or have ceased your folic acid dosage?

Im about 22 weeks now. A nurse advised me to take 2 folic acid tablets a day from 20th week onward. However, articles online seem to suggest that it is not necessary to keep taking it after 12 weeks or that excess folic acid may have an increased autism risks. Are you ladies increasing, maintaining or have ceased your folic acid dosage?

I am about 22 weeks too... I asked the pharmacist at the antenatal class and she said that once i have finished my current dosage i do not need to continue taking it. I have been taking only 1 per day (5mg folic acid from guardian pharmacy) and I have just finished it last week. I have to continue with DHA and multivitamins.

Seems like folic acid for the spinal development is more important during the first trimester? Not too sure about it though since i'm not a medical professional. You should definitely confirm with your gynae as everyone's condition is different!

I am about 22 weeks too... I asked the pharmacist at the antenatal class and she said that once i have finished my current dosage i do not need to continue taking it. I have been taking only 1 per day (5mg folic acid from guardian pharmacy) and I have just finished it last week. I have to continue with DHA and multivitamins.

Seems like folic acid for the spinal development is more important during the first trimester? Not too sure about it though since i'm not a medical professional. You should definitely confirm with your gynae as everyone's condition is different!

I called the clinic this morning and they said the pills they have prescribed are multivitamins and that I should keep taking them throughout my pregnancy. The formula still contains folic acid but I suppose if the gynae says I should continue taking them then I will. o_O

Hi ladies, those who have pmed me with your LMP & EDD I have added you. If you did not receive the invitations pls reply my pm to push the message up so I can reply. Thanks :) (I am not reading all posts of this thread so pls don't leave your email here!) Just in case some don't know what is pm, pm is private message...

I am due in March 2017 too. PM u my email pls add me ya.

Hi, I did amniocentesis with TC Chang too due to history... surprised that your blood test is not conclusive. Now I'm also waiting for detailed scan. Let's pray that everything will be fine.
Hi char-mee
Noticed that you are with Dr TC Chang from TMC. May I find out if he has any antenatal care package, or is it separate payment per visit? I'm considering whether to choose him as my gynae, but he seems rather ex. Thanks!

Hi char-mee
Noticed that you are with Dr TC Chang from TMC. May I find out if he has any antenatal care package, or is it separate payment per visit? I'm considering whether to choose him as my gynae, but he seems rather ex. Thanks!
He's actually not my gynae, only went to him for amnio test. I think you have to call his clinic to find out, but I heard he's not cheap

1. EDD

my confinement lady fly me aeroplane...last min she accept another job...so she can't start ontime with me. so furious now.

my confinement lady fly me aeroplane...last min she accept another job...so she can't start ontime with me. so furious now.

Initially contacted many freelance CL but they all booked. They like to refer their friends to me but I've no confidence coz heard many negative stories so I went to agencies. I'm using confinement angel. Hope they are good as saw many good reviews at their fb page. Their rates almost the same with those freelance. U can check with them.

This might be good FYI: https://www.************/pregnancyc...ncy-Review:How-to-select-a-confinement-nanny?

Exactly. Do not say you asked a few times but with no information given... And pls do not double PM. PM just one of us with the information so it wouldn't become a double job on either of our end. Thanks and appreciate.
1. EDD

Hi, can u add me in. I hv given birth on 5/3/2017. My email address is [email protected]

Thank you!

Hi all,

I just delivered on 13/3, can I join the whatsapp group? Anyone mummy hv challenge breastfeeding? :(

Hello Mummies,

My mum is a nanny and I'm posting on her behalf. She is a Chinese lady, age 52. The baby girl she is currently looking after will be joining child care in June. Please PM if you are looking for a nanny and we can discuss further! BTW, we stay in Seng Kang.

Cheers,
Christina

Hi all, my confinement lady is leaving on Monday and I would really like to recommend her...

This is my 2nd pregnancy. My HB was not satisfied with the previous CL so I got this one after recommendations from friends.

1) She cooks really well, my HB loves her homecooked food. My MIL came over to 偷师 (steal some tips) from her. She even made herbal soup for my MIL and 梅菜扣肉 becos my MIL asked her for help to pack herbs for herbal soup, and commented she likes 梅菜。

2) She is very thrifty. When herbs shopping she didn't buy everything for 28days and only bought enough supplies. She want to know what I drink and dun drink b4 she buys some more herbs.

3) She buys good quality ingredients from the market. Initially my MIL does the marketing, but after she learns how to go to the market she will get fresher foods. She really knows how to choose the ingredients too. She doesn't over spends and keeps accounts on what she buys given the budget.

4) she is super duper hardworking. When I first spoke to her on the phone, she said she will only take care of mummy and baby which is common practice and will help out in chores if there is enough time. But she ended up doing up all the chores, esp laundry which I procrastinate. She mops the floor at least once in 2 days or right after cooking depending if she has time. She takes a short nap in the day time but other than that she works non stop. She even keeps track of my elder son's school uniform supply and my HB work attire, so as to plan the laundry schedule accordingly.

5) she is neat and organized. She packed my kitchen (which is open concept and relatively small storage limits), store all the ingredients, herbs, my detergents, pots and pans even more neatly then before.

6) She is very ethical and reliable (imo). I booked her in late dec early Jan, and wanted to give her a deposit. She doesn't need a deposit, says in her line must 讲信用, confirm means confirm. So I confirmed her and did not contact her until late June, she contacted me to check if I have delivered and if I have found someone else cos I told her I will most likely deliver early (EDDJul) and yet I did not contact her in Jun. I confirmed with her that I did not find anyone else and will let her know when I deliver.

I found out that someone else was trying to get her to help babysit her 2mo and begged her to help despite her turning down. Eventually she went to help for a few days while waiting for me to deliver. Employer told her to find a replacement for me and to stay and help her, which she rejected again.

She also took on an assignment in December. After which a close relative called her to engage her also in December. She has to turn down her relative bcos she has alr promised others first.

She is available in March/April... PM me if you want her contact.
@candymoshi ,is she a Malaysian? Mind to share her contact.

Hi mummies! For those who are planning to shower during confinement or suffering postpartum hair loss , you may want to take a look at the Pure Ginger Shampoo which have very good reviews especially for confinement and post preg mummies.

https://www.facebook.com/SGWOWO/

Back