Prushield & Maternity insurance

Hi,

I am covered under prushield and prushield extra, does anyone know whether this plan covers both mummy n baby during pregnancy? My agent is currently away and i asked my fren who told me that prushield only covers mummy and only certain pregnancy complications, but not for the baby. I saw on the website though that prushield does cover pregnancy complication and congenital illnesses. Wanted to explore other insurance company but if my prushield already covers me probably i dont need extra insurance. I was also told that those maternity plans from AXA or GE will not overlap what ive been covered for if i've been covered under prushield, is it true?

Your prushield covers pregnancy complications. Congenital benefit is for you, not your unborn child. The prenatal plans do cover for that although the sum assured is not that much. The prenatal plan does allow you to transfer the plan to child regardless of any congenital condition at birth or not.

Not advisable to change your shield plan during pregnancy!! There is usually a waiting period of 10 months minimum for pregnancy complicatioons coverage.

Back