HSG Test

It varies on individual
My friend told me it's not pain but can feel cramps
I went and its was soooo painful. Was given pandol to ease pain

It hurts especially when they are injecting the dye inside . Caused me cramps for an entire day.

After the procedure they also passed me a pad and told me to wear a pad and abstain from BD for two days to avoid infection.

For me, HSG wasn't exactly painful. It just felt like severe menstrual cramps when the dye was pumped through the tube. I went back to work immediately after the test.

Felt more uncomfortable with the speculum thing inserted down there actually :confused:

I did take some painkillers before HSG test so that might have helped.

I feel HSG very painful to me, NUH nurse is nice. She offered me her hand to hold onto while doing the test. It feel especially painful when the dye is inserted into it. After the HSG test, checked that my left fallopian tube is been blocked.

I feel HSG very painful to me, NUH nurse is nice. She offered me her hand to hold onto while doing the test. It feel especially painful when the dye is inserted into it. After the HSG test, checked that my left fallopian tube is been blocked.

Same here it was rather painful too when the dye was injected but overall still manageable. I took two panadol extra 2 hours before so I'm thinking it probably didn't work for me.

My left tube is blocked too and now gynae suggest for me to do IVF.

Same here it was rather painful too when the dye was injected but overall still manageable. I took two panadol extra 2 hours before so I'm thinking it probably didn't work for me.

My left tube is blocked too and now gynae suggest for me to do IVF.

Did ur gynae suggest you to unblock ur fallopian tube first? My gynae suggest to unblock first. Then got 3 choices for me.
Me most probably will choose No. 3.
1) normal conceive
2) IUI
3) IVF

Not really...it's painful only for a split second when the doctor injects in the dye. :) much like when the needle goes in your skin during blood test. :)

It comes and goes away before you know it.

I'd think we are most likely going for IVF
Did ur gynae suggest you to unblock ur fallopian tube first? My gynae suggest to unblock first. Then got 3 choices for me.
1) normal conceive
2) IUI
3) IVF[/QUO
1) normal conceive
2) IUI
3) IVF

If choose number 3 don't have to unblock the tubes already. We are most likely going for IVF

Not really...it's painful only for a split second when the doctor injects in the dye. :) much like when the needle goes in your skin during blood test. :)

It comes and goes away before you know it.
Doc told me if the fallopian tube is blocked, then we will feel painful. If you did not feel pain, perhaps your fallopian tubes are not blocked.

The part when the dye is injected in is still bearable. I personally find that the most painful part was when the speculum was inserted (i went thru 3 times or inserting n removing).

Back