Reviews on Dr Tan Poh Kok at NEX

Oops, sorry, I didn't realised that. I changed my profile settings le, should be able to accept PMs now.
happy.gif

Hi Xiaomantou,

I wld like to know what are e package u signed wz Dr Tan? As im abit confused on his package

Hi wenjun,

How's ur visit with Dr Tan? I went for my 3rd visit recently and I find it ok. Can share with me as well how does he charge the package and normally when will it start?

Hi I am seeing Dr Tan PK at his clinic at Nex. Currently 17 weeks preggy and just went for maternity tour at TMC. Can someone share with me on Dr Tan's delivery fees?

Thank you! :)

Hi , anyone has new reviews on Dr tan poh kok? Does he do delivery at Thomson medical centre?
Hi! I'm seeing Dr Tan currently. Have had 4 visits with him and so far, I really feel comfortable with him. Dr Tan is very friendly and patient to answer your queries. His consultations are never rushed and it's atleast 10-15 mins.

He's my gynae, he's a very gd and responsible doc. Recommended afew frens to him and so far so gd.
Hi xiamantou, can share with me Dr Tan's delivery charges? And did you deliver at TMC, care to share your hospital bill as well? Thanks in advance!

Hi! Currently doing my consultations with Dr Tan. Would like to know his delivery charge too. Any of you ladies know?

Not sure about Dr Tan experience in delivery. But he gave wrong diagnosis and prescribed wrong medication to my wife in Mar 2016. Lucky we went for 2nd opinion with our previous gynae else my wife will go surgery due to his bad judgement.

Saw Dr Tan for 6months and throughout the entire period he said that I have alot of cysts on my ovaries.. every visit was more than $140 and above.. seeing that things didn't improve, I decide to see Dr Loh SF, thinking that I would need iui or ivf but it turned out, it was wrong diagnosis, wrong meds all this while!! The so called "crysts" were eggs growing for ovaluation! am so glad we consult a 2nd opinion.

Saw Dr Tan for 6months and throughout the entire period he said that I have alot of cysts on my ovaries.. every visit was more than $140 and above.. seeing that things didn't improve, I decide to see Dr Loh SF, thinking that I would need iui or ivf but it turned out, it was wrong diagnosis, wrong meds all this while!! The so called "crysts" were eggs growing for ovaluation! am so glad we consult a 2nd opinion.

zivan, could u let me know Dr Loh SF contact number and address? Thanks in advance!
I also went to Dr Poh for 2times, and said the same thing as u! I feel quite upset when he mentioned lots of small cysts. The second time I went, he said even more cysts and give me clomid but I kinda reluctant to eat.

Hi mummies,

I would like to share my bad experience with Dr Tan Poh Kok at Nex.

The Dr Tan's receptionist really cannot make it.
And Dr Tan is dishonest and irresponsible.

I was at my week 37. And was told that he will be going overseas at my week 39.
He recommended me his substitute gynae but I have to pay the consultation fee myself eventhough I have signed the package with him (Dr Tan).
How does it make sense at all!? I paid for his package, he himself go overseas and I have to pay his substitute consultation fees. Shouldn't Dr Tan settle the bill with his sub gynae himself ? I feel it's really unfair for me.

In addition, Dr Tan even suggested me to induce at week 38. I refused to induced.
Then he scares me by telling me that my water bag level is low, and continue to scare me by Telling me the consequences of low waterbag level.

We got uncomfortable and went to Dr Jasmine at TMC for 2nd option. Was glad that everything is fine.

(For your information, Dr Jasmine delivered my first child as Dr Adrain was away during first child EDD and Dr Jasmine was his substitute gynae that time. I wasn't required to pay any consultation fee to Dr Jasmine as I signed package with Dr Adrain that time.)

So I gave up my package with Dr Tan and went for other Gynae!

Hi Mummies

Wanted to share my experience on Dr Tan Poh Kok. This is my second child and my first gynae was Dr Adrian Woodworth. I signed my package with Dr Tan and everything is fine initially. Very minimal waiting time during weekday, doctor is quite friendly and the whole thing is smooth and easy.

However, there is one incident that made me decided to not further engage Dr Tan and to switch back to Dr Woodworth at my 35th week. I was told by Dr Tan that my placenta position is low, not once, but he had the same diagnosis three times over my three appointments with him.

He says that a C-Sect is required because there is risk of baby rapturing the placenta during natural birth and causing the mother to bleed heavily. He also insisted that the C-Sect has to happen at the 38th week because it is risky to do it on the 39th week. I had expressed my wish to do C-Sect only on the 39th weeks but he kept mentioning about the risks and why would i want to subject myself to that.

He sounded serious and instructed me that if any bleeding happens from now till 38th week, i must admit into hospital without delay. This actually stressed me out as i am hoping that baby can grow more in my tummy under my protection.

I was very reluctant to do so and i went to see my detail scan result. I was very buffled when the result clearly states that my placenta position is not low. I then recalled during the ultrasound scan, Dr Tan tried to explain the position of the baby head, placenta and opening but those positions do not appear logical to me. I was like "if the placenta and the baby head is here, how can the opening be here?". Feeling very unsettled, i decided to go back to Dr Adrian for a second opinion.

Upon see Dr Adrian, after giving him all my prior scan results and explaining the background, Dr Adrian gave me a puzzled look and the first thing that he said was "the test result shows that the placenta is not low?". He then proceeded with a scan and diagnosed that the placenta is NOT low, while pointing to the positions on his screen that made more sense. He also said that a C-Sect is NOT required.

I was so relieved upon hearing that and despite already being in the 35th weeks of pregnancy, i decided to sign Dr Adrian's package and stayed with him.

But on the other hand, i am very concerned with Dr Tan's diagnosis ability and also whatever agenda that he may have by asking a mother to go under the knife, and bringing a baby into the world earlier than required when there is no necessity to do so.

Back