Any good pre-nursery, nursery , childcare at yishun/sembawang?

I just called. They have no vacancy for troddlers group now. If I enrol next year, my child will be in N1, so I need to call them around Oct to find out. She said that the troddlers now will move to N1 next year. So, if there is any withdrawal, I will have chance...Aiyo..so much worries and things to consider.

Hi May,
I didn't attend the PCF open house either. They called me to ask if I was still interested, I said yes. The lady said she will contact me again to let me know when the open house would be. But I didn't hear back from them. Next thing I knew, they'd started operations! I well and truly missed out on all the excitement.

We visited Little Treehouse and really like Ms Fai. Lunch was being prepared then and the wonderful aroma almost had me swooooning. But we didn't choose that after all.

My kiddo will start attending childcare next year.

Childcare fees are quite high... There goes my plan to SAHM....

Hi Josephine,
The Wellington PCF sounds good! Good on you being able to enrol your children there. I missed the registration and open house.
Can I check with you, what you mean by extra enrichment classes that other centers might have but PCF doesn't? Because the pcf's music programme seems to be enrichment to me. I visited a few centers, and only came across two types of enrichment classes - swimming and speech & drama. We're not particularly keen about these as we would rather bring our child to swimming classes ourselves and speech & drama doesn't appeal to us. Kiddo speaks a lot and is dramatic enough as it is. As a matter of fact, I am more impressed by PCF's music programme!

Hi according ti them their music class is not those piano type of music class, they dint teach piano, I'm still not very sure what they ll learn during music class. For other child k, some they vac speech n drama, abacus etc to choose if u want to sign up for their enrichment class, but for PCF they don't have all these, they only have music which conducted by external party once a week, n no extra fee needed lo.

Hi onefatcat,

Since you are impressed with little treehouse, why did not you choose them? So, where will your kiddo starts CC with?

Hi May,
We didn't choose Little Treehouse because there were 3 or 4 classes going on there at the first level, it was quite noisy. I've met kids who thrive in such environments. But Kiddo is guaranteed to meltdown within half an hour like this - she tends to get overexcited. Also, she will definitely end up roaming all over the place and poke her nose into other people's business. I think we will be going to Cambridge.
I liked Emmanuel too, very much so. But there's the same concern about the space being a tad small. I was very comfortable with Emmanuel's Sally too. I found her very child-centred in the way she phrases things.

Have u decided which CC to send your child to?

Hi Josephine,
Ah yes! Abacus is an enrichment class, how could I have forgotten. I just remembered, I read somewhere that some CCs offer gym class as enrichment too. I assumed - maybe wrongly -that PCF's music programme is in line with the Multiple Intelligences approach that they take.
Thanks for clarifying. This thing about enrichment classes kept popping up when I was searching for CCs and I was quite puzzled about it.

Em... I think I will choose Little Campus. I was being called up for vacancy next year. The classrooms are open concept too. My kid run around when I pop in last week. I ask the principal and she said children are all well-behaved and they will not be disturbing even the rooms are all open concept.

is Little Campus the one at in the same building as NTUC supermarket and Cheeryland? The one opposite the lift, and has a very attractive wall?

Its good the children are well-behaved. Its says something about the CC itself.
When I told one of the principals we met that my child is easily triggered and when triggered is extremely difficult, a look of defeat immediately crossed her face. We saw that look and concluded that its not for us.

OneFatcat, is the principal from Little Campus, i hope is not. Haha..

Yes, is the same building as NTUC. Just one floor above. Beside cheeryland. Have you visited that before?

Haha don't worry May, that principal wasn't from My Little Campus. I read many good things about My Little Campus, as a matter of fact, and of it's long Q. Not easy to get a place. Congratulations!

Cambridge is near Sembawang Park, can't really see it from the main road though. It used to be at Admiral Hill near the MRT station. I hope my Kiddo will adapt well there.
Hahaha,I just noticed that neither of us eventually selected the CCs that we shortlisted in our initial enquiry here!

Hi OneFatCat, has your child started at Cambridge? I took my girl out recently because I find that she is not ready for the environment. Hope ur kid settles well there
happy.gif

Hi Melodie, Kiddo will start next year. Are you transferring your child to another centre? I received a Carpe Diem flyer in my mailbox yesterday evening, it looks good too. Looks like a lot of fun. Its new centre at Canada Road (i think) will open next year.
I've got my fingers and toes tightly crossed that Kiddo will adapt well next year if I am still working. Otherwise, I've got no alternatives but to stop working. She was pretty happy there when we visited, but then again, she found something to entertain herself with at every centre we went to.

Hello, my gal is 6mo now.. is it too early to do the searching and reservation? Am considering either half day playgroup or full day child care by the time she turns 2yo. Neighbor's kids r in Star Learner, which they recommend. Other than that, it's all based on the comments I read in this thread
happy.gif

TIA!

Hi Googlez, have you tried searching the MCYS child care link for a list of centres in your area and some basic information about them like fees, and their license tenure period. http://www.childcarelink.gov.sg/ccls/home/CCLS_Home.jsp
I found it quite useful. I like it that they include the license tenure period of the centres, whether its 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years. MCYS conducts surprise checks and assessments before granting the renewal of the license.
I know of parents who Q-ed in a waiting list for a year or more for a childcare centre, so I guess its not too early to start looking around. different centres have different practices about reservations and waiting lists. One of the centres I enquired with had no vacancies and said that they don't put people on waiting list either.
I didn't start properly searching until half a year before the age that we plan to start sending our child to childcare centre. Before I properly searched, we were very interested in a particular centre - based on what we could see from the outside the centre and from information about it on the internet. When we visited however, it turned out to be obviously unsuitable. (C'est la vive, I guess.)

Hi OneFatCat, icic... Confirmed already ah? I paid for everything and ended up letting her attend half day sch only.

Yah i saw the Carpe Diem flyer, will try to go for the open house.

Are u staying super near to Cambridge? I'm staying 2 bus-stops away only. Too bad it wasn't suitable for my ger.

My ger is at Greentree Montessori now for daily 2hrs classes till there's place for her at Eager Beaver.

Hi Googlez82, i only started looking when my ger was 1.5 years old. You can start researching and enquiring abt the vacancies at those ctrs tt u intend to put ur ger in.

Melodie! Methinks we are neighbours! I am also about two-bus stops away
happy.gif

Yes, confirmed, we start in Jan. For how long was your daughter at Cambridge? She didn't like it?
Eager Beaver and Greentree, are they located in Yishun?

One Fat Cat, i tink we are! hahaha

icic... kk she was there for less than half a day only, wasted quite a bit of $...

Eager Beaver is at Yishun Ctrl, Greentree is at SSC & Jln Mata Ayer near the Mac drive-thru
happy.gif

Oh I see..... Did you get a refund of the un-used portion of the fees since its within the 2-week trial period? Your girl is adapting well at Greentree?
Cambridge is 2 stops away, but going there takes us even farther in. Not exactly a convenient location. I am entertaining ideas of taking the bus there to send my daughter to school, then jogging back! Or jog there, and take the bus back with her. Might as well "leverage" on the idyllic location.
I love that Mac drive-thru
happy.gif
happy.gif
Been a regular customer ever since my daughter was born :D

yes i did get back a refund. today is her 3rd day, as expected, cried when my mum left her with her teacher.

cambridge is very near for us, the bus stops opp their back access n going hm is even more convenient. too bad it isn't suitable. ur ideas are gd :D

yah, mac dr thru is very accessible :)

I hope your daughter is more settled in now.
happy.gif
when my daughter was new in the playgroup which she is now attending, she cried and cried for about a week too. Wow, my heart really sank to my toes! I am very thankful that the teachers were very patient and loving with her. At the end of that week, it was like a magic switch had been flicked and she looked forward to going to school. She asked for her uniform every morning and was in a hurry to go in.

yupz, she's much better now. just say bye bye and walk into her class wo a fuss... Which centre's playgroup is ur daughter attending now?

Hey Melodie! I pm-ed you
happy.gif
before we take this thread away from its initial topic
biggrin.gif
So nice to have a fellow-mummy neighbour in this part of the world!
bounce.gif

yeah... i'm looking forward to read for reviews too... i'll be moving to yishun next year when my BTO is ready... so intends to start checking out the childcare ard that area...

my son is currently coming to 23mths old... he is with Learning Vision at GC...

i would like to find out more abt Eager Beaver and Little Skool House...
happy.gif

Wendelicious,
is Learning Vision good?
Heard mixed reviews bout the one at YCK, where is GC?

Im keen on little skool house too

thanks

Learning Vision is good... as in their curriculum... & the space they have... but teachers is subjective lor... sme teachers u can see like no passion for kids... just working for the sake of working...
GC is at grassroot club... Yio Chu Kang Grassroot Club...

sharon, you staying in yishun too?

Hi, I hope all mummies are still following the tread. My son turning 2year on this may. I intend to put him in cc on the June but I think it's too late to search a sch now. ): Intend to put him in my lil campus at wellington brauch but its full, sec choice mfs at wellington brauch but it's full too. Is PCF really good? Cos I heard feedback from other that pcf not much standard & teachers all look young with no experience. & also for cherry land I heard that the teachers alway change? I'm staying at Wellington circle. Hope to find a sch nearby to me. As well as affordable & good!

How early should we place kids on waiting list.. .coz intend to enrol dimmedlately wen I move house...si dunno if timing can match...?,

I think learning vision is pretty good actually . My colleage daughter is from there and she raved about it . I think it all depends on the teachers .
Thanks for sharing anw
happy.gif

my son is in Spring Brainy Kidz Chong Pang@ Blk 716, Yishun St 71. The teachers are generally nice and friendly.

Last edited:
Hi mummies im following this thread too. Read pg 1 n 2 only tho cos pumping now lol... will read thru all later.

I live in yishun too n is nw shortlisting for infant care. Wanna find out more abt beaver at Safra. Any recent comments?

Pls help me by sharing the pros n cons n your personal "feel" of your / ur babys experience at their infant care.

Thanks so much!

Hi all, moving to Yishun end of this yr. Hunting for full day childcare for my boy (K1) & girl (PG), to enrol them in Jan & March 2015. I read through all the previous threads, can anyone tell me Perform@Junior is it change to Little Tree House? or they moved to some where? I follow the google map and arrive to the sch, but it was name as Little Tree House. No more Perform@Junior.

Besides this sch, any other good school within Yishun/ Sembawang?

Happen to come across this very old post on His Little Kingdom Child Care and Development Centre by Shirlyn which is quite contrary to what others feel. They have a long history. Met some people who have been students there when they were young and what they personally felt tells me that the centre did some things right. Fine young men and women. Also saw some impressive testimonies of how lives were touched by this centre. Should see for yourself www.hislittlekingdom.com

happyface, there is a thread abt eager beaver at http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/353635/893010.html

shirlyn, which is the 3rd cc tat u have visited?

when i talk to star learners, the i/c said that they will only let children educational vcd like hi-5, and not free-to-air channels like okto.

For perform@junior, how do u find the classrooms? Cos its closed-concept (each classroom is a room, not open concept), I find it abit claustophobic. But from what I heard, I think they have a more interesting curriculum as they incorporate speech and drama alot of times and even teach abit of malay and tamil on top of chinese.
Hi Bloom,

1st cc i visited His Little Kingdom Child Care & Development Centre near to Chong Pang. I don quite like this place cos its more like sending ur child to a neighbour's house. I saw 2 aunties playing puzzle with the children. I don know these aunties are the teachers or what. But i feel that there're like next door neighbour auntie coming over to help look after the children. Their concept is to let the child feels like going to the auntie's house instead of school. Another thing is that the cc closed at 6.30pm which i think is quite early and location is not very ideal.

2nd cc i visited Perform @ Junior. It's a 2 storey terrace house. The moment i reached there the place gave me a feeling that its very lively and all the children are playing outdoor cos at that time its their free time activities. Yes it's a closed concept. But what i see there is the rooms are for art and craft and the walls in the rooms are painted with pictures. The toddler classroom is on the 1st sty while the bigger children are on the 2nd sty. They got a mini library and also a music area in the hall. Yes the supervisor told me they emphasis on speech and drama cos this is to prepare the child to progress on to primary school with more confident and can speak up more. Another thing she emphasis is that they want the children to learn while playing. They also got enrichment class which is like what u say. They teaches malay and tamil on top of english and chinese w/o additional charges. They even organise outing for the children. But one thing which i'm still guessing now is that the founder of the cc might be an indian cos the cleaner auntie there is also an indian. But on the whole i still find the place acceptable cos most of the children there are chinese. BTW i saw a teacher teaching an indian child with down syndrome in there.

3rd cc i visited Star Learners. The ctr is much more bigger than Perform @ Junior. I heard them playing Barney on TV cos my gal wanted to go inside the hall to watch too haha but after that they changed to other vcd. However i still feel that they should let the children do some other activities instead of watching TV cos while the children are sitting quietly watching TV the adult can also relax at the same time. Maybe they only let the children watch TV once a week or what i don know la. Just coincidence that i dropped by there at that time loh haha. I feel that the children are not so lively as compared to those at Perform @ Junior.

Anyway we've brought our gal along yesterday and she seems to be more attracted to Perform @ Junior. We've decided to enrol her there.

Understand this is really and outdated post but since somehow this site robot keeps putting this post result as the top result, it gives a totally wrong impression of this centre. Check out this thread to see the truth... http://singaporemotherhood.com/foru...dom-child-care-and-development-centre.202739/

Hi Mommies in Khatib, Yishun

Could you please provide me reviews for Kidzone Kindergarden and Little Leaders Kindergardens in Yishun. I am planning to enroll my son in N2 for next year 2018..

Back