Premature babies support group

Hi
My twin are born 37 weeks but one of them is borned low birth weight at 2kg as I have preemclampsia. And he is not gaining weight well and he also has some developmental issues . Can add me to the support group too?

Hi there ,
My girl was born at 31+6 weeks and didn't know my water bag broke when she was 29+5 weeks .. Was suppose to go for routine check up on 31+2 then was asked to sigh emergency c sect form and wheeled in to labour ward.. I was given 2 steroid jab and antibiotics ..baby's heart rate Was monitored every 4 hrs and eventually gave birth at 31+6 baby weighed 1.59kg .. She stayed in Hdu for 5 weeks before discharged and she weighed 2.9kg .. 1st pregnancy , didn't know when water bag broke and only felt lower back was aching ..the steroid jab really boosted baby's lungs as she only needed cpap for 4 mins .. I can understand Wat other mums been thru.. The 5 weeks in Hdu, delivering ebm twice a day , confinement not properly done ,lots crying and worrying .. So glad now baby is 3 months now (1month corrected ) and very strong .. To all mums out there gambade !!!

Hi there ,
My girl was born at 31+6 weeks and didn't know my water bag broke when she was 29+5 weeks .. Was suppose to go for routine check up on 31+2 then was asked to sigh emergency c sect form and wheeled in to labour ward.. I was given 2 steroid jab and antibiotics ..baby's heart rate Was monitored every 4 hrs and eventually gave birth at 31+6 baby weighed 1.59kg .. She stayed in Hdu for 5 weeks before discharged and she weighed 2.9kg .. 1st pregnancy , didn't know when water bag broke and only felt lower back was aching ..the steroid jab really boosted baby's lungs as she only needed cpap for 4 mins .. I can understand Wat other mums been thru.. The 5 weeks in Hdu, delivering ebm twice a day , confinement not properly done ,lots crying and worrying .. So glad now baby is 3 months now (1month corrected ) and very strong .. To all mums out there gambade !!!
I was told that my baby need to stay for at least 2 weeks till 35 week old before i gave birth. But the days i soend at home are like months to year.. so glad to see ur baby got 2.9kg for discharge..

Currently bleeding at 30w2d.worried to deliver soon. Can anyone add me to fb closed group for preemie? And also anybody knows the hospital bill for a 30 weeker at tmc? My email add is [email protected]
Thanks in advance. Any comments are welcomed!

Currently bleeding at 30w2d.worried to deliver soon. Can anyone add me to fb closed group for preemie? And also anybody knows the hospital bill for a 30 weeker at tmc? My email add is [email protected]
Thanks in advance. Any comments are welcomed!

I am not sure tmc, i delivered on wed at nuh. Was told by them to stay C class if not baby bill is terrible. 30weeks need to stay at least 5 weeks nicu. My baby first 2 days bill already 3300, gov subsidy 1700 for c class. ( she only use 1 day incubator as weight above 2kg. 30 weeks is definitely less than that) If tmc maybe the same full bill is estimate 800/day, c class abt 350/ day after subsidy for nicu exclude additional machine used. The baby beside mine was 30 weeker premmie already stayed for 3 mths. U can calculate, better go government.

My Son is a 30+2 weeker and his weight is 1.7kg during birth and he stayed in hospital for 1 month..the hospital stay at sgh cost $19k excluding govt subsidy.

Hi have any mum flown with their premmies when they are less than 3 months .. Was told they have to be minimum 3 months corrected age , ? how was the experience so far flying with premmies ?

Pls add me to fb group , email is [email protected]

Today the pd said she heard a murmur from baby. Anyone has the experience? Is the condition life threatening? Need surgery ? Im so worried! His weight sroped from 1.73kg to 1.55kg.20ml milk per feed x 8 oxygen support down to 25%.

My Son is a 30+2 weeker and his weight is 1.7kg during birth and he stayed in hospital for 1 month..the hospital stay at sgh cost $19k excluding govt subsidy.
Hi hi. Can i check with u . Ur bb did he have any problems like breathing issues? Mine still cant breathe on his own still in the oxygen hood. Currently hes 32weeks4days already 2 weeks liao still cannot breathe on his own is it normal?

Hi my son is on oxygen for a few hours only Coz before giving birth I already have 3 steroid jab to boost his lung...
I had 2 steroid jabs but i guess that din help. Sian....now he has dluid in the lungs ...more n more problems i just feel like i cant take this ride anymore.

Hi,
Not sure i qualify but my bb was born at 35wks. Bb looks so skinny and small at 2.3kg makes my heart pain... Pls add me to the fb group. [email protected]

Hi Yingkat,
My daughter was a preemie at 35 wks too. She was around 2.3kg at birth too. She is now 16 years old :).... Very healthy, good in her academic. She was in the gifted program. Hope my comments here will give other parents some encouragement!

Hi juliet,

My little girl was born in May 2012 at 26 weeks, 935 grams at TMC. After 2 weeks at TMC's Nicu, upon pd advice, she had to be transferred to sgh nicu due to a serious blood infection, Kkh was full at that time. My girl went through alot, blood transfusions, intubation, strong antibiotics for 3 weeks, lumber puncture, pda in the heart, ROP in the eyes and hearing loss in one ear..many times the drs braced us in the event she couldnt make it but she did, she also lost alot of weight, dropped to 600 over grams and rib cage all showing..they had to change her drip everyday coz the antibiotics burned her veins so there was one time she had a drip on both hands and feet, it was so painful to see her go through so much..in the end she stayed in nicu for 2.5 mths and was discharged. Now she is a healthy and active girl, nobody could tell she was a premature baby and having all these health problems..it was a roller coaster and everyday we jus pray that she could overcome these obstacles..try to hang in there and stay positive!
Hi, how's your girl's hearing? My boy is having hearing loss in one ear too.

David,

Yan is right, we should feel contented that our little ones still with us. My boy left's ear also failed the test, they confirmed him as moderate hearing loss, no hearing aid is needed cos the doc said his right ear is ok. On his 3rd visit to ENT this yr, his left ear has improved, although just border line but at least his left ear passed the test. I believe their ear will getting better and better.

Hi Bloom,

My boy last time in hospital also throw out everytime after feed. Really like a merlion. Fundoplication was done to control his reflux. Condition now better but he will still throw out once a day now due to he like to strain. Hope this can help.

Afcai,

Ya, i refering to the no of diapers. ok, next tme i will pm u. Now my boy is using dryper L size 72pcs. Hard to find in some of the supermarket for such big pack. Thanks u ha!
border
Hi, how's your boy doing now? My boy also has one hear okay, the other not okay. Very worried.

Dear mummies, pls join premature support group in FB for immediate response. Type 'Preemies & Parents' in search bar, our admin will approve your request. Take care and see you in FB :)

Hi!
My baby was delivered at 32weeks and currently she's at 36weeks.
Her sucking is kinda weak and she's unable to finish all her milk by bottle. Any1 has similiar experience or any advice on how to improve her sucking?
Tks!

Hi all. Need opinions on my son's lung condition. He is now at NUH NICU. CT Scan was conducted to further investigate his lungs condition. From the CT Scan, it is shown that the airway is ok. Its only the bubble is closed. The PD didn't explain in detail about the bubble, but it seems he was referring to his alveoli. This condition never being seen before, hence the PD don't have any clue on how to treat it or how it can happen. Currently my son also only using 1/3 of his lungs. He is getting sicker today and not responding to the treatment for 3 hours until we received another emergency call. Hospital also try to contact external sources to further discuss on his condition. Currently the plan is trying to give him steroid to boost his lung performance temporary. Anybody care to share experience or knowledge?

Dear mummies, pls join premature support group in FB for immediate response. Type 'Preemies & Parents' in search bar, our admin will approve your request. Take care and see you in FB :)

i hv joined and hope the admin approved. btw where to get preemies clothes n wat bottle or teat to recommended... appreciated all ur advice

Hi I tried to join the fb group. Think one of the group admin sent me a Friend request but when I tried to confirm, fb say request is no longer valid? Can anyone help with this?

Back