Urinary tract infection + MCU

Hi mummies just want to share my experience in case any mummy is surfing for more information on kidney reflux/mcu test/but - my son was admitted to kkh for very high fever at 2 months old and diagnosed with uti. He was put on daily antibiotics for 2 months (I think) until he had ultrascan to check his kidney growth which turned out ok. The kkh doctor then asked to do dmsa a few months later and kept him on daily anti biotics for 6 months until dmsa..til this point the doc didn't tell us of this condition called kidney reflux. So as parents who were highly worried on feeding daily anti biotics, we stopped giving him that for 4 days and he got fever again! This time we got admitted to tmc and that's where we were put to do mcu test and found out he had grade 4 on his right side.
We kept to the dmsa appointment in kkh which results showed scarring on his right kidney and decreased functionality. We also switched doctor to Dr Ng Yong Hong (Head of PD department). She's very patient and reassuring. So fast forward 2 years later (in Nov 2015) after his first mcu test,we had to repeat the mcu test to find out if he has outgrown the reflux. And miraculously his grade 4 reflux resolved completely! So miracules do happen :))

And never stop antibiotics unless a doctor says so..

It is one of the most common infections, caused by pathogenic microorganisms in the urinary tract. In most cases, it is caused by a specific type of bacterium called Escherichia coli, which is primarily found in the human digestive system. For More Deatils visit this website

Back