Might be pregnant and looking to change jobs?

Ellxuan

Hello ladies!

I need some advise. I have been TTC for a while now while working part time and recently found a really good job opportunity, similar to what I used to do, 3rd and final interview also arranged for - next week.

I have really long cycles, they can stretch anything from 35-day cycles to 55-day cycles! Last period was 4 oct; in case anyone knows how to calculate. I have tested for pregnancy but it is currently negative.

Oh and blood HcG tests! Has anyone gone for such? How early can they tell?

I really want to switch jobs but I don't know if I should be upfront about the possibility that I may be pregnant? Has anyone ever been in similar situations?

Update: I started spotting yesterday, also spotting today and now I am playing the waiting game, it could be implantation bleeding but it could also be my period approaching? Exasperating!

Update: I started spotting yesterday, also spotting today and now I am playing the waiting game, it could be implantation bleeding but it could also be my period approaching? Exasperating!
I am in a similar situation as you. Except that I have a full time job now but am not happy working here been sending resumes and attended a few interviews but unsuccessful. Recently I suspect I may be expecting. T's unplanned and I am so unhappy. (I know I shouldnt be since my 1st child will now have a companion). My initial plan was to have baby #2 in about 2 years time after I have found new job. Now all these are disrupted and I have to stop sending job applications. Maybe it's not the right time anyway since the job market is still gloomy. I think you should be frank during interview and am sure employer who finds you a good candidate for the job would not mind. Those who do not want to proceed further the interview is probably the job requires travelling or strenous work or very busy nature etc. My sister was scouted by another company and dyring interview she confessed that she was expecting. They still wanted her. Maybe becos her position is very senior lar.

I am in a similar situation as you. Except that I have a full time job now but am not happy working here been sending resumes and attended a few interviews but unsuccessful. Recently I suspect I may be expecting. T's unplanned and I am so unhappy. (I know I shouldnt be since my 1st child will now have a companion). My initial plan was to have baby #2 in about 2 years time after I have found new job. Now all these are disrupted and I have to stop sending job applications. Maybe it's not the right time anyway since the job market is still gloomy. I think you should be frank during interview and am sure employer who finds you a good candidate for the job would not mind. Those who do not want to proceed further the interview is probably the job requires travelling or strenous work or very busy nature etc. My sister was scouted by another company and dyring interview she confessed that she was expecting. They still wanted her. Maybe becos her position is very senior lar.

If I get the position I would be in a small department of 7, but the organization is huge... as of now still getting negative tests and spotting is getting heavier. Day 3 spotting and no signs of period or pregnancy yet, it's frustrating.

Have u tested yet? & how old is #1? I've been trying since last December and every month I get so disappointed. I guess now when I want something different in life I get what I initially hoped so much for.

If I get the position I would be in a small department of 7, but the organization is huge... as of now still getting negative tests and spotting is getting heavier. Day 3 spotting and no signs of period or pregnancy yet, it's frustrating.

Have u tested yet? & how old is #1? I've been trying since last December and every month I get so disappointed. I guess now when I want something different in life I get what I initially hoped so much for.
I have no experience of spotting so I can't give you advice on this. Seems like you really like this potential new job. Go for it and be upfront and at the same time show your enthusiasm and plan for the new job.

My baby #1 is now 20 months old. I'm very worried that I may not be able to handle 2 kids after work as my hubby works in the evenings and we cannot afford a helper. Anyway I still hope it's a false alarm. Going to GP to get confirmation this sat.

I have no experience of spotting so I can't give you advice on this. Seems like you really like this potential new job. Go for it and be upfront and at the same time show your enthusiasm and plan for the new job.

My baby #1 is now 20 months old. I'm very worried that I may not be able to handle 2 kids after work as my hubby works in the evenings and we cannot afford a helper. Anyway I still hope it's a false alarm. Going to GP to get confirmation this sat.

Good morning!

U go to GP only after missed period? My spotting got a little massive last night and I needed a tampon but my tampon from this morning seems like I'm just spotting again. Something must be wrong with me.

At this moment the tests are still coming back negative.. husband says it's just my period haywire, as usual.. so I'll just go ahead and see what happens with the job! Fingers crossed!

If you are TTC and changing jobs, I believe you should tell them that you are "planning to start a family". So, we know about all the downside about "telling the truth"... but here's from the good points:

1. They would appreciate your honesty. You wouldn't want them to turn nasty on you when you are having your morning sickness.
2. You would want to know what kind of people they are. If they take you in, then they probably will not bat an eyelash later on.
3. If they do not take you in, it is a loss for you... but really, it is their loss. Again, you really do not want to have nasty people while you are pregnant, right? And so many people can tell you nasty stories.

If you are TTC and changing jobs, I believe you should tell them that you are "planning to start a family". So, we know about all the downside about "telling the truth"... but here's from the good points:

1. They would appreciate your honesty. You wouldn't want them to turn nasty on you when you are having your morning sickness.
2. You would want to know what kind of people they are. If they take you in, then they probably will not bat an eyelash later on.
3. If they do not take you in, it is a loss for you... but really, it is their loss. Again, you really do not want to have nasty people while you are pregnant, right? And so many people can tell you nasty stories.

Hello! Yes I did tell hiring that I intend to expand my family. But had no news for almost a year so I thought to settle on a new job first before I try again.

Seems like implantation bleeding for now and I can only wait it out.

My period is due next Monday so I will until Tuesday before I test again.

Back