Super Nanny Services-not recommended

DSL

decide to drop a line here to pre emp mummies to be from going through the same ordeal as me.

Engaged a cl from super nanny services and found her very slow and inexperienced. Don't seem able to handle my lo when bathing and unable to burp him after feeds etc

Stated in the contract with them, I'm entitled to a replacement within a week if I find her unsuitable.

When I contact the agent about it, he was reluctant to replace and when he do revert with news of a replacement, he told me that the new cl have the mentality I am difficult to work with.

Now I'm stuck between keeping an inexperienced cl or a negative mindset cl. So do avoid engaging their service which was suppose to relive new mummies from stress and not distress .

I find them alright when had my second baby. When I wanted engage them for my third baby, they were quite rude n told me look for another agency as they are fully booked

I had bad experience with their confinement nannies. I will never want to engage them for my second baby. The first confinement nanny was a pain. She said bad things about me to my mother-in-law and bad things about my hubby to my mother. She also criticized the stuffs that my mother-in-law bought for me. The nanny didn't really cook all the herbs which I bought from the agency.

When I sought for a replacement nanny, the agent told me to manage my expectation. Henceforth, I did not bother to share what happened to the previous confinement nanny with the agency. Indeed, the replacement nanny was lazy and slow. Truly disappointed.

I also have bad experience with their confinement nanny. She gives poor advice regarding breast feeding, like advising to pump only when there's feeling engorge and not based on baby's demand. She also claimed to be trained by Thompson medical.. Cooking is always not on time, food is tasteless. She is more of a cleaner than a nanny to me cos she recommends lots of cleaning detergent which she prefers.

I would like to share my experience with the agent and the nanny too.

Basically the entire experience is HORRIBLE. In so much of my encounterment be it maid agencies, facial services or whatsoever. This is the worst experience I ever had in my life!

I engaged the agent last year as I thought this is my 2nd child I Shd have a nanny to help out. The agent who is the boss, Alex, came over to my place. He assured me that the nanny is experienced and also the replacement if we do not find her suitable.

1st day of service, the agent and nanny were late. They came at evening. When I already informed them that I will be discharging in the noon and I gave them two days notice. Anw this is a small issue.

2nd 3rd day. The nanny, Jenny Tay, really cmi! I think she doesn't have any experience at all. She likes to do things at her convenience and asked my maid to help her with housework like washing dishes. In return she will cook for her. For that. I decided to close one eye.

What made me really pissed was, when she change diaper for my baby, she was so lazy to walk to the bin and throw. She put a plastic bag in the room for the soiled diapers. What made me eventually asked her to leave on the 3rd day was, I saw on Cctv that at night, she put my son on a baby bouncer to sleep instead of letting him sleep in the cot. Reason was, she could reach him easier. Besides that. At night when my baby cried, she made the SHHHH sound very loudly and she slammed the door when she walked out of the room to make milk for him.

So end of story for the nanny part. We paid the agent $600 and told him that we will pay the number of days of service that the nanny complete. Guess what was the agent reply?... He said to me, "I offered u a free replacement, u don't want, that is your problem. Maybe you are stress or what. Now that u sign the agreement, u have to pay $2080 balance".

So we insist not to pay the full amount, this agency sent a legal letter to demand payment. My hub saw the letter and called him saying that he will just pay $500 (which I think is more than what the nanny Shd get) the agent insist on $1000. He said to my hub that he will file us small claim if we don't pay. And if we were to go to the court, definitely court will make us pay $2k.
So my hub told him last offer is $700. The agent still insist on $1k. And said that our $700 not even enough to cover his legal letter. We decided to let small claims to help us with this.

Almost 9months later, we went to the small claims. The judge was very fair. He read the contract and asked me how I want to settle. We told him that we offered to pay $700 and agent insist on $1k. So in the end the judge offer a $850 payment to close case. Which we eventually decided to just pay and get this settled.

Our total damage for this 3days (plus few months of harassment from the agent) of horrible service was $1450. To us, we think that it was a lesson learnt. We were regret and felt extremely bad for letting our precious baby suffer in the hands of the nanny for 3days. We should have done proper research on the company instead of trusting the agent (who is the boss) about the standard of his nanny. So fellow mummies or mummy to be. Pls don't make the same mistake as I do.

Back