Sahm -stress with kids- no life

I am so sorry to hear that for some of the SAHMs here that just because you are an SAHM you are not treated as equal partners in the relationship. I believe this is a very unfair treatment to the ladies, and this might be something that has to do with experience and upbringing of the men (and women). One of the reason your spouse is behaving that way might be because they grew up watching the gender inequality between his parents and it becomes the natural "expectation" in their own marriage.

As shown in this video:

Also, that is why, in the same principle, as parents, we need to exercise our choices - so that our children see that as people, we make our own choices, and not just accept the circumstances hands down. They see much more than we think - so it is very important to be good role models to them.

Everyday waiting for kids and hubby to be back from school and work, life just continue like a routine.

Last edited:
Some sahm are really lucky to have supportive husbands who support their decision to stay at home and maintain the house and look after children. But sad to say, some men think of themselves as indispensable and that they bring home the bacon and so they have the right to raise their voice at the wives. I really think I belong to this category of people. So wat if u men bring back money for the family? I think it is the responsibity of a man to take up the role of working hard and giving the family a good life. And so they shouldn't be so big headed as to think “ bringing home money ” and “ one person earns four people eat” that kind of mentality. It makes the wife feel lousy and on top of that, I think SAHM’s role in the family surpasses that of the husband’s.

Some sahm are really lucky to have supportive husbands who support their decision to stay at home and maintain the house and look after children. But sad to say, some men think of themselves as indispensable and that they bring home the bacon and so they have the right to raise their voice at the wives. I really think I belong to this category of people. So wat if u men bring back money for the family? I think it is the responsibity of a man to take up the role of working hard and giving the family a good life. And so they shouldn't be so big headed as to think “ bringing home money ” and “ one person earns four people eat” that kind of mentality. It makes the wife feel lousy and on top of that, I think SAHM’s role in the family surpasses that of the husband’s.
hi Linwong,
I refuse to belong in that category where men think it is their right to raise their voice at their wives. sahms/ftwm/whatever kind of situation, husbands hv no such right!
Please kindly tell your husband u will not tolerate bullying tactics like raising voice etc. vice versa we should not raise our voices too. Speak up n stand up to him, my dear. if u let yourself be treated like a doormat, your husband will con't thinking it is ok.

we will inevitably feel lousy as a sahm due to several reasons like no personal income etc... but dont let it be because your hubby is disrespectful n raises voice at you. you are worth so much more than that.

Nobody deserves to be a doormat or talk down... not even if he's yr hubby. That aint right.

Speak tactfully n firmly n stand up to him ...thats why the Women's Charter was drafted ...verbal abuse is abuse

So what if he bring hm the balcon ... u contribute just as much and even more ..thats why there shud be a law that SAHM deserves salary n cpf. And in family court, SAHM are deem to deserve a portion of hubby assets...question is what percentage n thats why the long court issues. In other countries, its a clear cut 50/50 regardless.

So be encourage

Last edited:
Was he like that when u were working? Maybe talk to him, he might be too stressful.

Still he shouldn't raise his voice.

Last edited:
I do appreciate the time spend at home as a sahm but because of some reasons, staying home too long does makes me feel insecure.

Last edited:
I'm glad that i'm not the only one feeling this way. It's so stressful facing kids for 24/7. i really need some time for myself

I know of young mummies who freelance and make up to 3k per month.

They typically work in designing, writing, social media, teach music etc. Not in sales or MLM! You can try listing yourself as a freelancer at www.beehivee.com to try? its great because you can choose when you want to work (when the children are asleep or in school!) a lot of flexibility and relatively good money too!!

I have been a SAHM since July.We brought back my twin 11 year old girls from Malaysia to stay with us and had been expecting another pair of twin girls since confirming the pregnancy in the same month.

Still could not get used to the everyday routine at home and homeschooling the 2 older girls since withdrawing them from their primary school in Malaysia.They are attending their new school starting from January.

Back