Spinal anesthesia or Epidural

mrs_chong

Hi ,my first pegnancy five years ago was Emergency Csect with GA.i had tried natural but sadly my cervix not opened after 24hrs ,I had epidural when I'm trying for natural .I had bad side effects of vomiting ,shivering ,shaking,thousands of needles poking me ! This round my gynae advised me to straight away opt for Csect with spinal anaesthesia,he claimed it has lesser side effects .I will like to seek advices from mummies here .What is the differences between this two .

The only "spinal Anesthesia" I know and have heard of is Epidural. I had three of them and yes, vomiting, shivering... but it does make the delivery very smooth and bearable. The last one was the best - just enough to not feel the pain but I felt the baby coming through all the way. And in some ways, the vomiting (wrenching!) helped to push the baby down very quickly. When gynae left me, he said "within the next 6 hours"... but within half an hour the nurses had to call him back. With every wrenching, I felt the baby moved lower and lower. hehehe... and all that "BAD EPIDURAL" was gone within the next 12 hours.

Back