Any good baby's PD in the west

Little one is having high fever the whole night, so was searching for a good PD early morning. Never brought her to any before and decided to choose a good one and stick to her/him.

Read a lot about Dr Dorothy Ong on the internet, with a lot complimenting that she is very patient and has a thing with kids. But we read that as she is so popular, she normally just attend to those with appointments. We try using one of those booking system, DocDoc, to book the first slot at 10am. Yes, it's difficult to get a confirmation for the first slot, but just trying our luck as we are quite distressed. How do you know your kid is going to be sick many days in advance right?

We didn't get any confirmation by 10am, tried calling and no one answered but decided to just go in case the appointment is made. When we reach there, the events we encounter next made us regret and think that this the worst decision we have made.

(1) while waiting, there is this lady that is very grouchy, shouting at another colleague that is attending a call "put down the phone, don't need to talk to the customer for so long! Why did you tell him that he can try to call later. Just say NO! "
(2) when the nicer lady put down her phone and attend to me. Miss grouchy tells her "ask him if he is first time here!" I say "yes", and she interrupted and shout "Do you have other Doctors you see! Pls go to him/Her. We don't take walk-ins normally"
(3) we just nicely commented we tried making a booking through DocDoc, and wonder if they have seen our booking. Miss grouchy said "I always ignore them! You must book through us directly"
(4) I just look a little disappointed. And the next thing she said just shocked me. "You can see how pack we are!" Pointing to the crowd. "Even if you go to a restaurant, you need to wait for a table!" "If you want, come back at 1215!"
(5) this is the last straw, and we just walk away.

Hey come on, we are distressed parents and not customer trying to settle a meal! And even we go to a restaurant, we get better service, at least a waitress will say " oh we are very sorry, but we are full, do you want to come back later?"

Dr Ong, I don't know who this miss grouchy is but do not think it's you as i heard you are a very patient doctor. Dr Ong, not saying much, do you think your staff action affect your business?

DocDoc, yes they are paying customer that subscribe to your service (which I guess is to provide a platform for parents to search and book for PD easily), but if parents like this knew that this platform isn't reliable and working (as it get "ignored") will they think twice about using it in future? Without the parents, is this ecosystem still going to work? Will other PD still subscribe to your service?

In the end, we went to another PD, and ends up we wait till almost 12 as well, but with a much pleasant experience.

Back