Incompetent cervix and cerclage

@S_liny: I only found out at 21wks during detail scan so mine is consider emergency cerclage. If urs is detected early and it done b4 16wks it is called preventive cerclage. Preventive cercalge has a higher chance of holding than emergency especially in singleton pregnancy. I think you will be given hospitalization leave for 2-3wks and you are good to go back to normal activities.

There are no symptoms prior to me finding out about it. But I'm carrying twins which gynae say they dont have much info how well cerclage can hold for me. So I have a higher uncertainty even though I underwent cerclage. I was given HL all the way from discharge till birth cuz I'm considered under high risk.

Cerclage is actually done when you are under half anesthetic. Meaning to say your lower half body is numb only and you will be awake. It is said to be safer. There will be abit pain after the numbness wear off but I managed to withstand it w/o painkillers. There are a bit of bloody discharge for 2-3days. Also I minimised all movements after that as per gynae instructions.

It might be scary for us to go through cerclage but seriously I think as mother to be, we are more courageous than we think we are to do what we can to hold our baby till full term.

Don't think too much and rest well 1st and see what gynae advise you.

All the best to you:)
Thank you very much Sharon

Dear mummies, I just had my emergency cerclage on Tuesday. I had bulging membrane with 1.1cm left. I just turned 24 weeks yesterday.

I m quite concerned about my condition as I still have bleeding. Can you share your recovery process with me pls, and tips to hold on the pregnancy as far as possible? Thanks!

Hi rilagal, sorry i cant provide any info as am still in monitoring stage. 22/4 weeks now. Doctor will put stitch if my cervical length continue to worsen. Maybe other mummies can help you on this?
May i know how you found your cervix changes? Was it bleeding? And which doctor are you with now? Its good that they managed to catch it and stitch you. Put yourself on bedrest and take it easy.

@rilagal: When i had my emergency cerclage done at 21wk, I'm only left with 6mm of length and am pregnant with twins which doctors say they dunno whether cerclage will work for me or not.

Fast forward to 14wks later(now) I'm at my 35th weeks and last check at 34th wk shows that cervix length is 2.5cm.

What I did during these 14wks is bed rest. I keep resting with a pillow pop under my butt to reduce pressure off cervix. Except for toilet and meal. I'm lying down. I sat on a chair during bath time. And when i need go for follow up checkups at the hospital, I use a wheelchair.

Nurses also taught me to drink at least 3l of water every day to prevent contractions. Talk to your baby everyday to tell him or her to hold on 1st and continue to bake inside you.
I'm sure he or she will listen to you.

Lastly if you are carrying a singleton. You have a higher chance for the cerclage to hold till full term. So must be positive kk? If you are not able to bed rest completely,at least try not to be on ur feet for too long.

Hope my experience helps. Good luck and all the best to you!!

Hi rilagal, sorry i cant provide any info as am still in monitoring stage. 22/4 weeks now. Doctor will put stitch if my cervical length continue to worsen. Maybe other mummies can help you on this?
May i know how you found your cervix changes? Was it bleeding? And which doctor are you with now? Its good that they managed to catch it and stitch you. Put yourself on bedrest and take it easy.

Hi gal, I found out about my shortening cervix during 22 weeks detailed scan. I m w prof mahesh at NUH. Yes, half of the battle is won w a successful op. I pray that the other half of it will be won where I can deliver by baby at full term. I am on complete bed rest w bathroom privileges. And I am still bleeding despite being in bed 95% of the time.

What about you? What's yr gynae management plan for you?

@rilagal: When i had my emergency cerclage done at 21wk, I'm only left with 6mm of length and am pregnant with twins which doctors say they dunno whether cerclage will work for me or not.

Fast forward to 14wks later(now) I'm at my 35th weeks and last check at 34th wk shows that cervix length is 2.5cm.

What I did during these 14wks is bed rest. I keep resting with a pillow pop under my butt to reduce pressure off cervix. Except for toilet and meal. I'm lying down. I sat on a chair during bath time. And when i need go for follow up checkups at the hospital, I use a wheelchair.

Nurses also taught me to drink at least 3l of water every day to prevent contractions. Talk to your baby everyday to tell him or her to hold on 1st and continue to bake inside you.
I'm sure he or she will listen to you.

Lastly if you are carrying a singleton. You have a higher chance for the cerclage to hold till full term. So must be positive kk? If you are not able to bed rest completely,at least try not to be on ur feet for too long.

Hope my experience helps. Good luck and all the best to you!!

Hi gal, thanks for sharing your experience. Thank God that you proceeded with the cerclage though it is not very recommended for twin pregnancy. Do you rem how long you bleed after the op? I m quite concerned about the bleeding.

Do you take any supplements? I heard that taking vit c is good for our conditions.

Thanks for sharing your tips. I will follow suit as well. Pray that you will have a smooth delivery and the twins are healthy!

just wondering if short cervix is the same as cervix incompetence? i had short cervix last pregnancy but did not do a cerclage, only bed rest.. towards 32 weeks, my gynae said my cervix is shortening, and theres a risk of pre-mature birth and gave me steroid jabs for my baby and put me on bed rest. i think we lasted till 37 or 38 weeks and induced coz i was already dilated.

so wondering if short cervix really need to have the cerclage?

just wondering if short cervix is the same as cervix incompetence? i had short cervix last pregnancy but did not do a cerclage, only bed rest.. towards 32 weeks, my gynae said my cervix is shortening, and theres a risk of pre-mature birth and gave me steroid jabs for my baby and put me on bed rest. i think we lasted till 37 or 38 weeks and induced coz i was already dilated.

so wondering if short cervix really need to have the cerclage?

Hi! Yes the terms are used interchangeably. The cerclage op is recommended to be done between 12 to 24 weeks of pregnancy and thus your gynae only rec you to do bed rest. The remaining length of the cervix is a factor too. Glad to know that you managed to deliver at full term

Hi! Yes the terms are used interchangeably. The cerclage op is recommended to be done between 12 to 24 weeks of pregnancy and thus your gynae only rec you to do bed rest. The remaining length of the cervix is a factor too. Glad to know that you managed to deliver at full term

We found out about the short cervix pretty early. I think before 20 weeks. Made us so worried throughout the pregnancy.

May I know what's the threshold of the length of the cervix before we should do a cerclage?

We found out about the short cervix pretty early. I think before 20 weeks. Made us so worried throughout the pregnancy.

May I know what's the threshold of the length of the cervix before we should do a cerclage?

Oh just realized that my reply was not uploaded earlier. I am not sure about the threshold. I think anything below 3cm needs to be monitored closely.

Hi gal, thanks for sharing your experience. Thank God that you proceeded with the cerclage though it is not very recommended for twin pregnancy. Do you rem how long you bleed after the op? I m quite concerned about the bleeding.

Do you take any supplements? I heard that taking vit c is good for our conditions.

Thanks for sharing your tips. I will follow suit as well. Pray that you will have a smooth delivery and the twins are healthy!

@rilagal: Sorry for the late reply because I've delivered my twins on 4th Feb via elective c sect and had been busy since then. Hehe

I hope you are doing well after your cerclage:)

I don't remember bleeding but there are brown stains but nurses say its normal. Its only for a day or two. There shd nt be any bleeding after cerclage.

As for supplements, I didnt take anything extra, just obimin and fish oil. Vit C is to enchance our body to absorb iron I think. Didn't know it helps in cerclage cases.

Jia you kk? Stay positive and remember not to be on your feet for too long! Wishing you a smooth pregnancy from now on and also smooth delivery!!

Hi Sharon, congrats on your bundle of joy! Are u breastfeeding your babies?

Take good care of yourself ok? Your confinement period is ending soon!

My spotting has stopped and am having yellow discharge. Can I know if you feel pulling pains in your vaginal or does your vaginal feels fuller after cerclage? I get such feelings now and not too sure if it's normal...

Hi Sharon, congrats on your bundle of joy! Are u breastfeeding your babies?

Take good care of yourself ok? Your confinement period is ending soon!

My spotting has stopped and am having yellow discharge. Can I know if you feel pulling pains in your vaginal or does your vaginal feels fuller after cerclage? I get such feelings now and not too sure if it's normal...

Ya, I'm breastfeeding my babies but not enuff milk hehe. So I top up with fm.
Yup so glad confinement going end soon. It's worse than bed rest since alot of things cannot do and eat. I'm not following very closely but still feel restricted.

I dun feel fuller but I sometimes will experience pain in inner part. Actually before I'm diagnose with IC I had the pain already. So dun think it has to do with cerclage. But its worrying when the pain comes.

Remember to request gynae to measure ur cervix length during check up for ease of mind. I usually does that.

I have more white discharge sometimes and is afraid of getting yeast infection or UTI. So once a few days,i take yogurt. See if it helps u!!!

@rilagal: Sorry for the late reply because I've delivered my twins on 4th Feb via elective c sect and had been busy since then. Hehe

I don't remember bleeding but there are brown stains but nurses say its normal. Its only for a day or two. There shd nt be any bleeding after cerclage.

As for supplements, I didnt take anything extra, just obimin and fish oil. Vit C is to enchance our body to absorb iron I think. Didn't know it helps in cerclage cases.

Jia you kk? Stay positive and remember not to be on your feet for too long! Wishing you a smooth pregnancy from now on and also smooth delivery!!

Big congratz to you Sharon! Was thinking about you the other day. U beat IC! Bet its a super busy chinese new year for you this year but its a joyous busy occasion. Take care ya!

Ya, I'm breastfeeding my babies but not enuff milk hehe. So I top up with fm.
Yup so glad confinement going end soon. It's worse than bed rest since alot of things cannot do and eat. I'm not following very closely but still feel restricted.

I dun feel fuller but I sometimes will experience pain in inner part. Actually before I'm diagnose with IC I had the pain already. So dun think it has to do with cerclage. But its worrying when the pain comes.

Remember to request gynae to measure ur cervix length during check up for ease of mind. I usually does that.

I have more white discharge sometimes and is afraid of getting yeast infection or UTI. So once a few days,i take yogurt. See if it helps u!!!

Hi Sharon, have you tried mothers sacred tea? I took that to boost milk supply for my 1st pregnancy. Don't worry too much about the supply. Just continue to keep bf every 3 hours and the supply will build up...try not to delay expressing your milk as that will give the body the wrong signal... It's tough job but it will also help you slim down faster

Thanks for sharing the tips... Appreciate it greatly!

Big congratz to you Sharon! Was thinking about you the other day. U beat IC! Bet its a super busy chinese new year for you this year but its a joyous busy occasion. Take care ya!
@Bbelieve Thank you!! Couldn't really believed that I managed to hold till 36th weeks. When the sonographer and house doc at ADC declared my "graduation" from their clinic at 34thwk, I was nearly in tears. Cuz they told me that if my twins makes an appearance anytime from then, they will be ok.

Yesh my hands are full with them though I've got help. But I'm happily busy. Haha.

How far are you along now? Hope everything is good for you:)

Hi mummies,

Jia you & keep them baking in
I had premmie baby for #1 at 27+2 weeks & loss for #2 at 21weeks.
Currently am 24+3 weeks preggy with cerclage put in at 14 weeks by Dr Anita Kale in NUH. I'm also subsidised patient.
I've read and talked to some mummies that if u have cerclage put in u need plenty of rest n not walk too much n restrain strenuous activities. This one mummy even says that for IC with cerclage dont have to worry about the birth. Surely can birth vaginally. But the thing is the Drs at NUH says I can resume 'normal' activities after the procedure. This one Dr even says I can carry my 4yrs old daughter if I want to
This is confusing for me. But nevertheless I limit my activities based on my own pace. If I feel strained I would rest a bit n etc. AnYone can share your 'normal' activities after the cerclage? It's a bit hazy for me n confusing.

Ps: Hi Sharon,
Congrats on your bundles of joy. I've a question though regarding your birth experience. I thought for IC chances for VB is higher. Is there a reason why u had a csect?

@imie The reason for going for c sect is because I'm carrying twins. This also explains my bed rest with limited movements from wk 21 onwards since we dunno how well I can hold even with cerclage in place.

In any case the doc who did my cerclage told me that for singleton pregnancy, normal activities can be resumed after cerclage though I forgot how long after.

Jia you and good luck kk? Have faith in yourself and keep telling your bb to hang in there:)

Hi mummies,

Jia you & keep them baking in
I had premmie baby for #1 at 27+2 weeks & loss for #2 at 21weeks.
Currently am 24+3 weeks preggy with cerclage put in at 14 weeks by Dr Anita Kale in NUH. I'm also subsidised patient.
I've read and talked to some mummies that if u have cerclage put in u need plenty of rest n not walk too much n restrain strenuous activities. This one mummy even says that for IC with cerclage dont have to worry about the birth. Surely can birth vaginally. But the thing is the Drs at NUH says I can resume 'normal' activities after the procedure. This one Dr even says I can carry my 4yrs old daughter if I want to
This is confusing for me. But nevertheless I limit my activities based on my own pace. If I feel strained I would rest a bit n etc. AnYone can share your 'normal' activities after the cerclage? It's a bit hazy for me n confusing.

Ps: Hi Sharon,
Congrats on your bundles of joy. I've a question though regarding your birth experience. I thought for IC chances for VB is higher. Is there a reason why u had a csect?

Hi! I did my emergency cerclage at 23 weeks and have been resting in bed since then. I am 34 weeks now. Thank God, the tips that Sharon shared with us were useful for me eg minimizing walking, sleeping with backside propped up, n drink 3l of water.

For me, I didn't carry my 4 yr old son as I do not want to risk any chances.

I guess you know your body best and the types of normal activities you can resume. I will have increase in vaginal discharge if I sit too long during meal times, and my vaginal will feel sore if I sit too long at the toilet bowl too. I do get shooting pains in the vaginal in the middle of the night too.

Hi! I did my emergency cerclage at 23 weeks and have been resting in bed since then. I am 34 weeks now. Thank God, the tips that Sharon shared with us were useful for me eg minimizing walking, sleeping with backside propped up, n drink 3l of water.

For me, I didn't carry my 4 yr old son as I do not want to risk any chances.

I guess you know your body best and the types of normal activities you can resume. I will have increase in vaginal discharge if I sit too long during meal times, and my vaginal will feel sore if I sit too long at the toilet bowl too. I do get shooting pains in the vaginal in the middle of the night too.
@rilagal Glad to hear you are holding good!! Few more weeks to go only:)
If u have problems pooing, go get stool softener don't strain kk?
Wishing you a smooth delivery and a healthy baby:)

@rilagal Glad to hear you are holding good!! Few more weeks to go only:)
If u have problems pooing, go get stool softener don't strain kk?
Wishing you a smooth delivery and a healthy baby:)

Yes Sharon. Thank God that you were there to share your tips with me back then. U gave me hope!

Yes, I am on stool softener and will use suppository if I have difficulty in passing motion. Hope you are enjoying motherhood with your twins! Thank you once again!

Hi can i know how do you guys pass the time when confide to bed? How about your daily meals?
I gave myself a very fixed schedule.. did some colouring and writing, and also spent alot of time watching drama.. as for meals, i eat on bed too. Got myself a portable table and my mil or hubby will bring meals in..

Hi gal, I found out about my shortening cervix during 22 weeks detailed scan. I m w prof mahesh at NUH. Yes, half of the battle is won w a successful op. I pray that the other half of it will be won where I can deliver by baby at full term. I am on complete bed rest w bathroom privileges. And I am still bleeding despite being in bed 95% of the time.

What about you? What's yr gynae management plan for you?

Hi rilagal, can I please ask if your cerclage worked for you and how professor mahesh was? I have had two losses from what's suspected to be incompetent cervix and my latest loss was earlier this month, even with a cerclage put in at 13 weeks. I am thinking of seeing dr mahesh choolani. Was he gd with his cerclage skills? Thk you.

Hi! Yes my cerclage worked and I delivered at 38+5! Yes Prof Mahesh is a very good gynae. I had 3 losses prior to this successful pregnancy and I am grateful to him for that.

Hi! Yes my cerclage worked and I delivered at 38+5! Yes Prof Mahesh is a very good gynae. I had 3 losses prior to this successful pregnancy and I am grateful to him for that.

Thanks, Rilagal!

Do you mind me asking if your three losses were due to incompetent cervix? Did Prof Mahesh ever find out? Thank you so much for sharing. Thanks!

The 3 losses were all due to different reasons-molar pregnancy, hematoma and no heartbeat.

I took the extensive tests and the results showed that I have sticky blood and low vit d. My incompetent cervix was detected at 22 weeks and I was placed on strict bedrest since then till 36 weeks.

FYI, I had a normal delivery and incompetent cervix during that pregnancy at 28 weeks too in 2012. I told Prof who Then checked my cervix length regularly and it seemed that all was fine till 22 weeks.

The 3 losses were all due to different reasons-molar pregnancy, hematoma and no heartbeat.

I took the extensive tests and the results showed that I have sticky blood and low vit d. My incompetent cervix was detected at 22 weeks and I was placed on strict bedrest since then till 36 weeks.

FYI, I had a normal delivery and incompetent cervix during that pregnancy at 28 weeks too in 2012. I told Prof who Then checked my cervix length regularly and it seemed that all was fine till 22 weeks.

Thk you for sharing. Have a good day.

Hi everyone. It has bn quite some time since I followed this forum.
Anyone still preggy now? I am currently 39+1 weeks. Had the cerclage removed at 36weeks. Surprisingly at week 37plus gynae was already talking about induction
Am very worried now.. anyone same situation care to share pls

Hi Im currently at 22 weeks; I was diagnosed wit IC ; an incidental finding by my sono at TMC during my 5th mnth detailed scan

This is my 2nd pregnancy with a toddler of 2.5 of age.Prior to no history of abortions nor miscarriages; I thank Allah for the discovery

Hence I was given an emergency cerclage done in KKH with the head of maternal fetal medicine Dr Shepali and Dr JM Lee via spinal aesthetic.

Prior to TMC discovery and lapse of two days later at A&E KKH through referral letter I was from 2.5 cm and a dilation of 2 cm to 1.9cm and a dilation of 2'cm still.

The membranes could be seen.I prayed for a successful op as chances were at 40-60%.

With allah grace, I had op on thurs and discharged on sat with a full bedrest all e time.now im holdin at 22 weeks, with a cervix of 2.5 cm and no funneling seen scan at 21 weeks

Im on plenty of medicines,shots weekly with bi weekly scan and bathroom ,meal and shower priveleges.

Im still holding on and pls make prayers till full term

Following a routine check up at 23 weeks 5 days at kkh after above turmoil; I was admitted for a cervix length of 1 cm with a cerclage at 20 weeks done.

My heart dropped almost instantly and i was at delivery suite as contractions was observed.

Now on bedrest at the hospital for a mnth i guess

Hi ladies! I was also previously diagnosed with incompetent cervix which may have resulted in my first miscarriage (broke my heart). I did it with Dr June tan at kkh. Bill was about 4k ish if I remember correctly. It was put in at week 14 as I wasn't taking any chances with my 2nd pregnancy n was going to do absolutely anything to make sure I carry this baby to term. With God's grace I carried her to full term n she was born via natural assisted at 39 weeks 5 days. Cerclage was removed at week 37.

Hi Angeliz888, i am also planning to have my cerclage at kkh. can i know if we can use our medisave for cerclage surgery?

Hi Angeliz888, i am also planning to have my cerclage at kkh. can i know if we can use our medisave for cerclage surgery?

Yes u can! But I forgot exactly how much medisave was used for me. It was few hundred I think. Cos I'm a private patient n I stayed B1 ward. But if ure subsidised patient I think ul use even more! Hope this helps!

Hi if want to check for cervical incompetence, i can go to any gynae or must i look for high risk specialist?
Hi Lynn! Mine was a gynae at kkh Dr June Tan. The diagnosis has to be made by vaginal scan if there is shortening or funnelling of ur cervix during any stage of ur pregnancy. And any history of second trimester loss as well. I think any gynae is ok as long as u request n they agree to do all this scan for u periodically throughout ur pregnancy. Remember it's not the normal pregnancy scan on ur abdomen, it has to be done vaginally like a pap smear ya. (I didn't have an enjoyable pregnancy getting prodded all de time hehe )

Hi I had an emergency cerclage last Wednesday. I am now only 21 plus 6. Mine was the worst case scenario, 5cm dilated, infection n bulging membranes.
Although stitch was put in, Doctors still not optimistic how Long it will hold.
On bed rest in Kkh now, scared n stressed n overly paranoid about every twinges felt. Each day seem so uncertain and slow.
Looking for anyone undergoing or had similar experience. Hoping to get advice and establish some communication network support. Look forward to any replies.

Hi I had an emergency cerclage last Wednesday. I am now only 21 plus 6. Mine was the worst case scenario, 5cm dilated, infection n bulging membranes.
Although stitch was put in, Doctors still not optimistic how Long it will hold.
On bed rest in Kkh now, scared n stressed n overly paranoid about every twinges felt. Each day seem so uncertain and slow.
Looking for anyone undergoing or had similar experience. Hoping to get advice and establish some communication network support. Look forward to any replies.

Hi I'm so sorry to hear what ure going thru! R u still in the hospital now? R u on full bed rest now? It can be very overwhelming and each day is a challenge. 1 way I found to help me feel better when in the hospital is to listen to the doppler machine. U can request for it anytime from the nurses. U can listen to ur little baby's heartbeat to help ur self feel better! It is a challenging times. But our prayers r with u and ur little fighter n we hope for the best!!!! Update us ur progress k! Sending u lots of hugs!

Hi I'm so sorry to hear what ure going thru! R u still in the hospital now? R u on full bed rest now? It can be very overwhelming and each day is a challenge. 1 way I found to help me feel better when in the hospital is to listen to the doppler machine. U can request for it anytime from the nurses. U can listen to ur little baby's heartbeat to help ur self feel better! It is a challenging times. But our prayers r with u and ur little fighter n we hope for the best!!!! Update us ur progress k! Sending u lots of hugs!

Hi I am still in hospital. Scan yesterday showed my CL at 1.6. Doctor wanted to discharge me but I hope to stay till I am week 24. I am concerned about being being alone at home and bumpy car rides to Kkh for weekly reviews. Now on bed rest with toilet previleges, doc even say walk around room a bit to move legs a bit, but I very scared to do so. Can I ask did you have a cerclage? Did u feel any pain or pressure on the cerclage as pregnancy progresses?

Hi I am still in hospital. Scan yesterday showed my CL at 1.6. Doctor wanted to discharge me but I hope to stay till I am week 24. I am concerned about being being alone at home and bumpy car rides to Kkh for weekly reviews. Now on bed rest with toilet previleges, doc even say walk around room a bit to move legs a bit, but I very scared to do so. Can I ask did you have a cerclage? Did u feel any pain or pressure on the cerclage as pregnancy progresses?

Oh my that sounds like ure making good progress! !! Yeps I had a cerclage put in at week 16 till week 38. I didn't feel any pressure at all. I was also told to take things easy. No running or strenuous activities. Pooping also must slowly poop. Sigh. But I think the cerclage was too successful cos I was induced when baby was due. She got too comfy inside I think. :)
Yes please do walk around a bit but slowly. Let others do the work or household chores. Take cab if u need to. This is the time u must be very very very careful k. But I believe it's possible. :) my CL was about 2 to 4cm the entire time of my pregnancy.

Your cerclage sure sounds like a job well done. Well mine is a rescue rather than preventive cerclage. Doc says rescue cerclage more risky n not as stable so I very paranoid. Just wish for each day to pass faster and smoothly.

Your cerclage sure sounds like a job well done. Well mine is a rescue rather than preventive cerclage. Doc says rescue cerclage more risky n not as stable so I very paranoid. Just wish for each day to pass faster and smoothly.

Hmm actually I was too late to have a cerclage for my first pregnancy n I suffered a traumatic miscarriage after. That's y it's put in so early for my second pregnancy. Yeps I understand de paranoid feeling. If I could I would do anything to have saved my first pregnancy de way u did. ☺ so be brave n soldier on k! Don't dwell on the negative thoughts. Keep imagining a beautiful happy baby in ur arms! Very quickly de time will pass n ul look back after n marvel at ur strength to go through all this for ur little one. Listen to relaxing music n have a very calm environment. No jumping or squatting k! Good luck ya!!!

Hmm actually I was too late to have a cerclage for my first pregnancy n I suffered a traumatic miscarriage after. That's y it's put in so early for my second pregnancy. Yeps I understand de paranoid feeling. If I could I would do anything to have saved my first pregnancy de way u did. ☺ so be brave n soldier on k! Don't dwell on the negative thoughts. Keep imagining a beautiful happy baby in ur arms! Very quickly de time will pass n ul look back after n marvel at ur strength to go through all this for ur little one. Listen to relaxing music n have a very calm environment. No jumping or squatting k! Good luck ya!!!

Am sorry to hear about your loss. I am trying to be positive though mood swings still happen. Tks for your encouragement:)

I managed to claim for mine. But I bought the enhanced medishield with ntuc. Not sure if they will allow it nowadays oso. Prudential enhanced medishield may also cover I think! Anyway the cost is about 3k to 4k at kkh. Oh yes n ul only be able to claim if possible if it's done in the hospital n y were warded.

I managed to claim for mine. But I bought the enhanced medishield with ntuc. Not sure if they will allow it nowadays oso. Prudential enhanced medishield may also cover I think! Anyway the cost is about 3k to 4k at kkh. Oh yes n ul only be able to claim if possible if it's done in the hospital n y were warded.
Hi angelic 888
Thank you so much. I bought the PRUSHIELD A Premier extra which is enhanced plus extra coverage but now prudential is rejecting my claim and they actually stated a different diagnosis on their letter to my hospital discharge report.
I am really very disappointed with the way they handle it.

Hi angelic 888
Thank you so much. I bought the PRUSHIELD A Premier extra which is enhanced plus extra coverage but now prudential is rejecting my claim and they actually stated a different diagnosis on their letter to my hospital discharge report.
I am really very disappointed with the way they handle it.
oh dear! do u have an agent with them? i was actually told that it can still be claimed! maybe u can appeal to them? do u need help from my agent? let me know if u need ya!

Hi Lalalalaaaa, I have the same type of Insurance plan with u too but my claim with Prudential is successful. Prudential has fully reimbursed my surgery charges two weeks later. My cerclage surgery was done in Dec 2016.
It was a smooth claim. I just have to inform KKH that I am covered under Prudential on the day I was warded for the surgery. No help needed from my agent.

Back