LO with tongue tied

My son underwent that b4 he turned 1. Was done at kkh 3 years+ back.

GA given. Abt 30 mins procedure. I remember I paid less than 1K in total, part of it through medisave ac.
It's considered congenital and the insurance I got him didn't cover that.

Thanks for your reply! Did u get a referral fr polyclinic or u just walk in to kkh? My pd recommended me to a pediatric surgeon at gleneagles... am wondering if it's going to cost me a bomb. Lol

I can't really remember. .. I remember I went to private doctor and the cost was much higher. Thus went back to kkh and ask for referral during one of the review sessions regarding his allergies.

My son underwent the tongue-tie procedure in Feb this year, @ KKH. I've shared on my blog too. http://izlernen-reise.blogspot.com/2015/02/tongue-tie-release.html

Regarding the charges, I need to take a look at the invoice, but we managed to claim from the insurance. PM me if you would like to know about the cost, I'll be happy to share.

Hi bubbly
Care to share the insurance you have bought and the total cost?

I suspect my lo (2.5months) is having both upper lip tie and tongue tie as she can't fully stick her tongue out. Was planning to bring her to pd/ kkh. You just walk in to kkh without referral?

Hi bubbly
Care to share the insurance you have bought and the total cost?

I suspect my lo (2.5months) is having both upper lip tie and tongue tie as she can't fully stick her tongue out. Was planning to bring her to pd/ kkh. You just walk in to kkh without referral?

Hi garagling, I'm sorry, didn't know you wrote a message. I'll PM you the insurance tonight, I'm not sure at the moment.

I brought my son to Polyclinic, got a referral to KKH. It's essential, coz all the fees from the first visit to KKH onwards are subsidized. Otherwise, quite a sum...

Hi garagling, I'm sorry, didn't know you wrote a message. I'll PM you the insurance tonight, I'm not sure at the moment.

I brought my son to Polyclinic, got a referral to KKH. It's essential, coz all the fees from the first visit to KKH onwards are subsidized. Otherwise, quite a sum...

Hi bubbly7,

i wud like to know about the cost of the procedure and also what is the insurance you bought? my baby is with prudentials. thanks alot.

My lo is turning 3 months. Tongue tied but i didnt let him do the process as i verified that tongue tie is not short tongue n wont affect the speech in the future. Only affects the latching. But since lo is latching well then i choose to let it be

My lo is turning 3 months. Tongue tied but i didnt let him do the process as i verified that tongue tie is not short tongue n wont affect the speech in the future. Only affects the latching. But since lo is latching well then i choose to let it be

Hi mommymich, where did you go for verification?

i did not have problem latching/ bottle feed.. and my baby is gaining weight well.. nevertheless, i made the decision to let her went thu the day surgery after being diagnosed by Dr Cheah from Gleneagles.. it was very heart aching to see my little one (8 mo) in so much pain for 3 days.. she simply refused to drink from bottle and rejected pacifier. she can only be spoon-fed. Thankfully, she recovered on the 4th day and back to her cheerful self.

sometimes, i wonder if I've made the right choice despite being diagnosed.. I wonder if the surgery was really necessary becos she did not hv issues with latching nor is she inherited. well, i would only feel less sorry as I know that she will not hv speech development problems in the future.

Last edited:
Hi mommymich, where did you go for verification?

i did not have problem latching/ bottle feed.. and my baby is gaining weight well.. nevertheless, i made the decision to let her went thu the day surgery after being diagnosed by Dr Cheah from Gleneagles.. it was very heart aching to see my little one (8 mo) in so much pain for 3 days.. she simply refused to drink from bottle and rejected pacifier. she can only be spoon-fed. Thankfully, she recovered on the 4th day and back to her cheerful self.

sometimes, i wonder if I've made the right choice despite being diagnosed.. I wonder if the surgery was really necessary becos she did not hv issues with latching nor is she inherited. well, i would only feel less sorry as I know that she will not hv speech development problems in the future.

Did my own research online and check with my pd.

I didnt find it necessary and i feel that every child is designed into this world like that and i shouldnt alter it. So i let it be :)

Hi yes my pd surgeon was Dr cheah siew ling :) he's v gd and grandfatherly! Love him! My boy is doing great now and it's not as costly as it seems... can only claim up to 400 fr medisave and e rest by cash which I paid abt 1.3k all in :)

I regretted not letting my son do it earlier as he needs to go fir speech therapy too. Cos he's too used to e way he speaks so needed some time to correct... but I can hear a significant change in his pronunciation now although still not v clear, it's much better than last time. At least he doesn't stammer npw :)

Hi everyone, i've just started a SIngapore Tongue/Lip Tie Support group on Facebook because i really want to reach out to other parents who have had experience with tongue/lip tie babies, as well as those with unexplained fussy babies but have no awareness of this condition at all. I would really love to have you join us so the whole community can benefit from your sharing :) Here's the group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1751937531717384/

Mummies, what made you suspect your lo has tongue tie? I may be paranoid but my 3mo has always had a shallow latch so I'm starting to worry it may be tongue tie?

Back