Pumping in the office

SophieLua

Hi mummies,
I return back to work in two weeks time and would like to seek your tips on how best to pump in the office.
1) what do you pack in your BM bag?
2) do you sterilize your equipment after each pump? If yes, how? If no, how do you keep your equipment clean? I am inclined to just store the equipment in a ziplock bag but not sure how to ensure it is clean for the next pump after each use (there are remnants of milk)
3) how do you store your milk and ensure it is fresh?
4) do you pump straight into the packets or into the bottles first?

Thanks!

On the normal .. (1) Pack Whatever u'd used will pumping at home .
(2) As for sterilising the pump parts during the day at work .. Get one of those good ; tall ; big enough plastic container with a clip seal lid . Use those sterilising tablets ( see manufacture's instruction' ) to add to the water ; making sure all pump parts is covered completely under water .
Do write on a note : the time and day water was made . If not contaminated . Most of these 'water' can last for 24 hrs. So use CLEAN tong to retrieve the parts when done .
(3) After expressing , best put milk into office freezer . Bring home in a cooler bag with ice packs .
(4) Into bags or bottle that's ur choice .

Great that u want to maintain breast feeding .. On Behalf of ur baby , I thank you !!!
Good luck and best wishes .
Congrats !!!

Hi! If you have 2 pumps, u may leave one in the office so on a daily basis, u only need to pack n bring the pump parts to work. I will pump into a bottle and transfer to a milk bag. After each pump, I will put all the pump parts into the fridge and take out and pump again when it time for the next session. I don't sterilised in the office. Been doing this for all my kids and they are fine.

Btw, I have brand new boxes of Nanny milk bags for clearance at $10 per box, 50 bags per box. Let me know if you are interested as I have stopped pumping.

Back