Dr Phua Soo Mear (Kovan)

agaga

Had anyone out there whom gynae is Dr Phua Soo Mear? I had been google-ing but don't seems to find any advice. I'd been seeing him for the past 3 visits during my 1st trimester. I would like to find out how is his c-section stitching skill? Anyone have any complaint about him throughout the pregnancy till delivery?

I find him quite nice, he is quiet and soft spoken. But hubby find him 'bo chup',show no concern, talk little.

Dr Phua delivers in Mt.A or Tmc. I need to find out anyone delivered by him with the total discharge bill as I need to do some calculation before signing up the package with him.

Please share your views with me. Thank you.

Any mummies whom went to him for delivery? Or your friends or relatives?

Would appreciate for any comments and reply.

Thanks in advance.

ME!! actually i was with Dr Koh at TPY.
But wen i bout to deliver my boy, Dr Koh is not in town.

Therfore Dr Phua is the one deliver for me.
Which i was deliver at Mt A.
His stiches for my normal delivery is gd.

Hi,
Mine is also Dr Phua. He help me to deliver last year apr. I like this doctor basically is because his bo chap attitude. I guess if you see other Gynae, they would recommend you to buy this and that. But when I asked him, what kind of DHA to take will be good. His answer it is not Scientific proven that will make the baby smart but u still can take....Mine was e-csect, I would say his stitching is ok. I stay at mount a 1 beded, total bill about 7k+ including the baby. Cash about $3k+

Thanks for the replies. Anyway I've place the $500 cash for the package.

Dr. Phua's package is as follow ;

Cash $500

Balance package $800- bill by hospital

Shasha81, did you use any abdominal binder or support to help you through after the surgery?

Hi,
I delivered my 2 kids thru dr Phua also. Both is c section, his stitching is ok. Yes, he dun recommend anything that is not needed. My bills for Mt A amounts to about $6k plus for 2-bedded, includes PD charges.

Lydia, did you pay deposit of $1k, upon discharge you pay another $1k cash after medisave deduction of $3950. Is my calculation correct?

I am Visiting Dr Chang kwok at Mt alvernia...It seems its ver costly..but i read his reviews which was very good...

Please recommend any good gynae who is resonable and prfessional, good and prefer pro Natural delivery.

Please reply as I am at my first trimester.

I'd delivered in Oct'12 thru C-sect by Dr. Phua at Mt.A
4d3n cash $1800 Medisave $4500 (choose a special timing, otherwise cash portion will be cheaper by $400)

Dr. Phua is very skillful, my wound don't hurt much. I'm pretty fast back to "normal" in a week time. The stitch line is so fine.

Highly recommemded!

I with Dr Phua. I changed to Dr Phua since his charges cheaper compared to my previous gyne at GE. And I don't have to wait super long hours even with appointment booked.
Facility is better, more spacious n very less waiting time.
My second boy delivered by him. I like the no fuss no frills type.
My cousin also with him. Delivered two babies via c section. By the way, mine is induced normal vagina delivery without epidural.
Still following up with Dr Phua for annual check up.

His package starts after 16 weeks about 1k not inclusive of pills and Oscar scan. 3d scan included.

I'm with Dr Phua too, just deliveredin Apr... he is a very November gynae and his rates must say pretty cheap.
Mine is natural assisted with epidural at Mount A, total bill is $4K + ,cash about $1K+ only

giee: how come ur package is 1k from wk16?

i am currently seeing Dr. Phua, his package is $550 starting from wk16, includes a 3D scan but excludes vitamins and supplements.

Anyone here who's under Dr. Phua? I made my first appointment with him for next week. How much does he charge total for the monthly check up? please let me know. and how's he during the consultation? Thanks in advance for the help.

hi, i delivered my baby girl under Dr. Phua on June 13
his package start from 16weeks if im not remember wrongly ($550)
monthly charges without package is about $110-$130
consultation fee $50 with appt $60 without appt
scan and medi (folid acid).
you have to ask him whatever u wish to know coz he dont talk much :)

Thank u so much bluedoggyy. Does he give a copy of the scans? You mean the scan and medi included in the $110-130 already? $50-60 is consultation only? So, he doesnt talk that much, is he snobbish? Or always rushing? So i think i need to prepare all the questions before going to him... :)

yes, $110-130 inclusive of scan and medi, he will print out the scan image for you...
he dont talk much but he will answer your question one by one... hehe so dont worry...

Back