HDB Toilet Leakage

Ms Chong

Anyone experienced such problem and may I know how long should get it fixed after reported to HDB? I had reported since July 2014 but until now still haven't get it fixed.

Hi,

I dont have leakage problem but choked toilet bowl. HDB said it is interior of house and we have to fix ourselves. End up paying $400 to fix the choke (think we got carroted).

Huh.. but luckily you have no more problem then. mine a bit headache because of upstairs have a built in bath tub.

Maybe you should report to Town Council. Mine is opposite from your case. A guy from Town Council or HDB (can't remember) came to check our toilet cause downstairs neighbour reported toilet ceiling leaked. After checking, he advised what we do and after that things are settled.

You are so kind to get all these done but I'm so unlucky, can't be your neighbour. I had reported to Town Council, HDB Branch and HQ, they came too but my upstairs every time giving many excuses to drag the whole process since July. I really want to know how to speed it up, I really don't understand why must spend so many months on this problem.

Ms Chong,

What is your case issue? Mine is consider small case cause it is actually the gap(cement) in between the tiles deteriorated due to air-con water dripped from the pipe, so that guy advised us to get the grey cement (like a pen) from those stores and re-apply it. Then try to redirect the air-con water directly into the pipe-hole to avoid same thing happen again. After few months, did not receive any notice from HDB/Town council again, so think must have been settled :)

Think the only way is to call Town Council and talk to them again & again for this issue....till they help to settle it.

According to my colleague who has similar issue, he said if is wall crack...you may try a type of chemical that can inject into the cracked area...and seal the gap if successful. TC staff can recommend the contractor. This was his case experience

Last ultimate solution - send that person to count.

Last edited:
Hi

I had a similar experience as yours few years back in my previous flat. The upstairs neighbour also had a bathtub in their bathroom which caused the water leakage. The ceilings in both my bathrooms were peeling badly n the worse thing was the water seeped through till my kitchen cabinet which caused mushroom-like fungi to grow. Was a horrible sight.

But we were lucky the neighbour were cooperative thou it did took a few months to get everything settled as they were busy to be home for the repairs to be done. Unlucky thing was we had to share a certain percentage of the repair cost.

There should be a HDB officer assigned to your case. Just keep pestering the officer to get the problem resolved fast.

for mine is MBR toilet bowl flush lesser water than kitchen toilet bowl...i never report though.. but ID say maybe the sewer pipe no power or something... as long as can flush away the poo & pee, then ok with me... just need to press longer for the flush button

my new flat just hit 5 years old..and problem start to surface. toilet pipe oso leaking..flushing is not a problem..just that the pip near the switch is leaky. getting someone over to fix this sat. if he is good, i will share his contact.

That sounds really bad. I had experience really bad water stain and cracks on the wall too however I was being referred to Sigmon Constrution and it was being resolved.

Back