Gynae cost and packages

wow that looks exorbitant. what procedure is it they did tt costs 76? and what is this routine antenatal profile ...and why need to go to Shaw house to do the scan m

Hi everyone, I just went for my first visit and I had a really alarming bill cost to share with everyone.

Consultation: 135

Pharmacy
Cal Vit D Gummy: 26
Folic Acoid: 15
Multi-Vit: 15
Fish Oil: 50
Utrogestan: 45

Laboratory
Husband Blood test: 40 (Is this necessary?)
Routine Antenatal Profile : 90
U/S Pelvis : 220 (An appointed scan at Shaw House)
UltraSound Scan : 70

Procedure
Nurse Fee: 66
Routine Test: 10

Total Bill: $782
7% GST : $836.74

Can any experienced mummies in this forum give me some advice if this bill is really normal at all? I have seen through a lot of posts and none of them have 800 over dollars bill for their first check-up.

Btw, any west side mummies have any gynea recommendation or packages to share? Thank you so much.

P.S This clinic is GYNAEMD CLEMENTI PTE LTD

Hi mummy! Firstly congrats! Can i know how many weeks you are now? And which hospital you are planning to give birth to? :)

Your bill seems to be quite expensive for 1st time visit. As for the pharmacy, the cost is still reasonable. Just that your 1st consultation fees is a lil too high.

As for the laboratory, did the gynae mention why must the husband need to take blood test? Usually blood test is only for mummy. Antenatal profile and routine test is the fees for blood test.

And why did they charge you for nurse fees? Seems funny. Maybe you can call and ask them again.

Here's my bill for my 1st time visit to gynae:-

1st consultation: $110
Routine test: $10
Antenatal profile: $70
Ultrasound scan: $60
Dipstix (for urine): $10

The rest is medicine/vitamin/fish oil cost and total bill is $330. Hope this helps you. :)

Hi mummy! Firstly congrats! Can i know how many weeks you are now? And which hospital you are planning to give birth to? :)

Your bill seems to be quite expensive for 1st time visit. As for the pharmacy, the cost is still reasonable. Just that your 1st consultation fees is a lil too high.

As for the laboratory, did the gynae mention why must the husband need to take blood test? Usually blood test is only for mummy. Antenatal profile and routine test is the fees for blood test.

And why did they charge you for nurse fees? Seems funny. Maybe you can call and ask them again.

Here's my bill for my 1st time visit to gynae:-

1st consultation: $110
Routine test: $10
Antenatal profile: $70
Ultrasound scan: $60
Dipstix (for urine): $10

The rest is medicine/vitamin/fish oil cost and total bill is $330. Hope this helps you. :)

Not too sure about the rest

But my husband ever took a blood test at kkh before to test for thalassemia.

Hello all mummies,

I am currently 5 weeks. I am not exactly very sure why the blood test, the gynea did explain to us. Its something about testing our blood to ensure that the baby does not inherit some sort of illness from us. I can't recall the exact term she used.

And it seems that no one paid for nurse fees. :( the only thing that the nurse or assistant that they did was to help me out with height and weight measurement, the ultra scan and the blood test.

Btw the ultra scan pelvis at shaw house is to ensure that my cyst is safe and benign of some sort.

Ahhh i see... something new to me. :)

Coz so far my gynae didn't say anything about it for my 1st born and current 2nd born. :)

It is some kind of blood disorder. I got a friend whose husband and she belong to the major group. Luckily her kids turn out to be fine. Affected kids have a much shorter life span.

Hi Mummies, just thought i share my experience with the gynae i used, Dr Tan Poh Kok at PK Womens' clinic located at Serangoon Nex. He he delivered by first born back in 2012 which he billed us for around 2k both delivery and attendance fees. However he recently delivered my 2nd child this year in April 2015 at MountA and increase his charges by 1k more, 2k for delivery fees and 1k for attendance fees now.

Hes standard charges are about 60-80 (before GST) for the usual scans excluding vitamins etc. Hes antenatal fees are relatively affordable compared to other gyanes i've checked which is at 600 (before GST) at 20wks excluding vitamins but including scans of the baby leading up to the delivery.

IF you are seeing him right now, please make sure you clarify with him on his delivery charges and is comfortable with it, don't get a shock like we did when we were checking out of the hospital and landed with a 8k bill for normal delivery with epidural. He had never once mentioned to us about the increase in fees during our visits of consultations, a slight increase if perfectly fine but not 1k more. When asked for a breakdown of his fees, he cannot give any and attributed the increase due to their insurance premiums increased significantly.

Love
Nexmummy =)

Hi ladies, I would like to know anyone is currently under Dr Khoo Chong Kiat? What is your review on him and the charges likely to be for A1 and B1? TIA.

Hi All, i'm int to know any reviews on Dr John Tee & Dr Khoo Chong Kiat from KKH? & their charges? Looking at A1 ward too. Can anyone advice if there is any subsidize rates if we get referral letter from polyclinic? Thanks

Hi All, i'm int to know any reviews on Dr John Tee & Dr Khoo Chong Kiat from KKH? & their charges? Looking at A1 ward too. Can anyone advice if there is any subsidize rates if we get referral letter from polyclinic? Thanks
Subsidized patients can't choose doctors. Private patients can. A1 ward is private rate. Subsidized wards are B2 and C.

Hi Mummies, any recommendations for lady gynae who delivers in Mount Elizabeth Novena?...I went to Dr Wendy Teo for my firstborn...very good experience with her but just thought of looking out for other gynaes for my second...your input will be much appreciated.... TIA! =):)

hi any feedback on Dr Lisa Chin from Glen E and Dr Joyclyn Wong from ACJ clinic at TCM?

Do they have packages? and isit with packages its cheaper?? Thanks for the help.

hi any feedback on Dr Lisa Chin from Glen E and Dr Joyclyn Wong from ACJ clinic at TCM?

Do they have packages? and isit with packages its cheaper?? Thanks for the help.

Hi hi Poyoko!

I'm currently with Dr Wong at ACJ. She's very gentle and listens patiently. I feel very comfortable with her. But she doesnt have a package though.

Usually $88 for ultrasound, $88 for consultation and $5 for the glucose stick.

Will be glad to help if you want to know more!

Anyone with Dr Lim Teck Beng? I used him for my fist son 2014 n he is quite patient and good but a lil bit old and thinking to use him back for my second baby. Went to visit Dr Regina in clementi but really cost me a lot for my first visit (shocked me to death - around SGD 450).

Anyone with Dr Lim Teck Beng? I used him for my fist son 2014 n he is quite patient and good but a lil bit old and thinking to use him back for my second baby. Went to visit Dr Regina in clementi but really cost me a lot for my first visit (shocked me to death - around SGD 450).

Hi Fyen

What does it includes?

My first visit cost me $200, but just consultation and scan only.

Hi Fyen

What does it includes?

My first visit cost me $200, but just consultation and scan only.

Hi Horibaby,

It included the consultation,blood test, nurse fees (of taking my blood n etc?), oil for stretch mark (but I omit it in the end),video scanning and also urine test glucose.
Though the doctor is very nice and friendly but still feel like a bit too pricey ;(

Hi Horibaby,

It included the consultation,blood test, nurse fees (of taking my blood n etc?), oil for stretch mark (but I omit it in the end),video scanning and also urine test glucose.
Though the doctor is very nice and friendly but still feel like a bit too pricey ;(

hmm ya on the high side, I was charged $120 for blood test thou.

Oil for stretch mark? hmm think just get Bio oil can already..

Anyway I am with Dr Michele Lee...

Hi I have a question.

My current gynae is Dr Adrian Woodworth from TMC at CCK. I've already paid for my antenatal package at $688. His normal vaginal delivery fee is at $1900+gst. I've also already paid a deposit of $800 for the delivery fee. Recently I went for checkup, I was told that he will be on leave during my edd and that they will get a replacement gynae to help with my delivery. I will ask them this question also but I roughly want to know if any mommies went through this before.

Question is, what will happen to my $800 deposit? And according to my research, his replacement gynae is either Dr Wong Heng Fok from Tampines TMC or Dr Lawrence Ang from Sembawang TMC.

Anyone here knows what's their vaginal and c-sect delivery fees are like? Please enlighten me.

Thank you in advanced!

Hi all, would like to share my personal experience with Dr Peter Chew. I just had my 3rd miscarriage on 1 Dec. I went to see Dr Peter Chew during my 2nd pregnancy as I was spotting and wanted a change of gynae.

During our first visit, we found him to be very personal and warm. He warded me in hospital as I was spotting and put me on bedrest thereafter. Injections and hormone pills were given to me to try to support the pregnancy. However, the pregnancy ended and he performed an evacuation of the womb for me. The procedure incl. hospital charges amounted to about $4.5k (the first D&C i did was $700). Then, we didn't think much of that as we were too tired of the miscarriages.

For my 3rd pregnancy, he advised us to visit him as soon as we find out that I am pregnant. So i went to him after i tested positive. He put me on bed rest and gave me injections and hormone pills to try to support the pregnancy. But same thing happened and we had to do the evacuation again. This time round, we were pretty annoyed by the way we were treated by the clinic.

First, he kept forgetting that that was only the 2nd miscarriage and we had have 1 healthy child. But he could remember other things that interest him.

Second, he told us that he could do the evacuation on the same day and told the assistant to arrange for it. His assistant booked the Operating Theatre and tried to book his Anaesthetists contacts but none were available. We overheard the conversations as the assistant was making the calls at the counter. Then Dr Chew called us in and told us that the procedure could not be done on the same day as they could not book the Operating Theatre. We found this very unprofessional. Just because he couldn't get hold of his Anaesthetics friends, he lied. As we still needed him to do the procedure for us, we just LL and left it as such.

When we received the final bill, we saw that he increased his surgeon fee from $1.9k to $2.2k and charged an additional doctor's attendance fee of $321 (even though that line item was being struck off when they first showed us the charges) when it was a day surgery and he didn't even visit me in the ward after the operation. The total bill amounted to around $5k. My husband called up the clinic to check on the basis of charging the doctor's attendance fee and the first thing the clinic assistant asked was whether I was warded. When my husband said no, she went on to say that it was Dr Chew's style of charging. Then when further queried, she changed her statements by saying that it was for the histology charges (this was not correct as when I went back to see Dr Chew for my review, he told me that the culture for the chromosome tests could not be done as there was no villi to culture and told me to make sure that we weren't charged for that).. My husband was very angry by the way she handled the situation, and when she panicked, she just passed her the phone over to her colleague without informing him. We felt that was very unprofessional and rude. To be honest, we are going to claim insurance for the procedure but it was a matter of principle. Thereafter, my husband wrote an email to the clinic and Dr Chew called him up the next working day. Initially he said that there was a error in charging and would refund us the money, but a while later, he called again and said there was nothing wrong with the bill.

Not only that, we had to pay $150 (excl. GST) for him to fill up a page of insurance documents and he said it would take a week, but it took 2 weeks, and it was only after my husband wrote in that e-mail that they expedited it. When we went to collect the insurance documents, we wanted to just leave after collecting it but the clinic assistant told us to wait as Dr Chew wanted to speak to us. After waiting for some time, she said no need to see him and told us to leave. It was really very unprofessional of him. Personally i feel this is not right, how would you feel if you are the patient suffering 3 losses and have to get such treatment from the clinic. Initially we didn't mind paying more as we thought he could help us and we would get better services. We would not be going back to him..

This is just my personal experience with him and i just wanted to share..thanks for hearing me out.

Hi mummy, could you pls advise any review/feed back of Dr. Natalie Chua at Parkway Hospital?
Thanks in advance.

Hello Mummies out there,

I just got tested and i'm pregnant for 8 weeks. I went to a GP near jurong and he mentioned me to go back for a ultrasound scan 2 weeks later.

Am considering to deliver in KKH. Am checking if i were to go checkup/scans, is there a gynae near jurong and delivers at KKH? And also, do they issue an MC everytime i go down for a visit?

Am currently working, so not many leave left to take.. TIA!

Hello Mummies out there,

I just got tested and i'm pregnant for 8 weeks. I went to a GP near jurong and he mentioned me to go back for a ultrasound scan 2 weeks later.

Am considering to deliver in KKH. Am checking if i were to go checkup/scans, is there a gynae near jurong and delivers at KKH? And also, do they issue an MC everytime i go down for a visit?

If u are looking at private gynae normally they only delivered at mount Avernia or Thomson. If want to delivered at kkh there's a kkh clinic at amk. But I'm not sure if jurong area has anot. You might want to check online?

Hi snow19, thanks for replying :)

Do you know if they issue MC for every visit to do checkup/scans?

Hi mummyjos

For my pregnancy checkups at KKH under subsidized, usually i will inform the consultant to issue me a MC. As for private gynae, my checkups usually do it on Sat so i do not need to get any MC. But even it is on weekdays, my gynae will issue me a MC too.

Is benjamin tham pro natural or more inclined towards csev? Heard he prefers baby to be less than 2.8 kg for natural.

Dr Benjamin Tham was my gynae for 2015. Kept saying my baby was big. >3kg. I wasn't very happy & worried unnecessarily becos I eat healthy diet and put on About 10kg only! So I do not know why my bb is growing big!

Hello Mummies out there,

My private gynae clinic is at jurong point. He ables to deliver all private hospital. I think only gynae works in gov hospital can deliver there.

For me, i always got hospital leave for a week to a month. So mc should not be a problem.

Dr Benjamin Tham was my gynae for 2015. Kept saying my baby was big. >3kg. I wasn't very happy & worried unnecessarily becos I eat healthy diet and put on About 10kg only! So I do not know why my bb is growing big!
i gained 5 kg, bb was 3.555 kg. he did say durign the scans tt my bb overweight, fat etc. But ok la i just do my best to control wt gain. And i am thankful for that because immediately after delivery i lost everything!

i think 10kg should be the norms... if ur baby is 3kg, your placental is 0.5kg, water bag is 1kg, the rest is your boobs or fat stored in your body...
even you gain weight doesn't mean your baby gain weight.. is 2 different things... but i thought the bigger the baby the better?

i think 10kg should be the norms... if ur baby is 3kg, your placental is 0.5kg, water bag is 1kg, the rest is your boobs or fat stored in your body...
even you gain weight doesn't mean your baby gain weight.. is 2 different things... but i thought the bigger the baby the better?
not entirely true. if baby is too big, there is risk of shoulder dislocation . and baby is at risk of other health problems in future

Hi, I am currently expecting 18 weeks for my 2nd child. Due to insurance issue, my current Gynae has stop taking delivery. Any idea how much did Dr Benjamin Tham charge for Csect GA? My current gynae charge me 1800 for my first delivery in 2014.

sorry to bring up this old thread any updated cost or info? i have no idea where to start from? thanks for any help rendered

Hi, I am currently expecting 18 weeks for my 2nd child. Due to insurance issue, my current Gynae has stop taking delivery. Any idea how much did Dr Benjamin Tham charge for Csect GA? My current gynae charge me 1800 for my first delivery in 2014.

I think Dr Benjamin Tham charges for Csect is from $3,000 (before GST)

Back