Any Mother to be in Yew Tee or CCK Area ?

I was told that the difference between A1 and B1 is about 10% to 15%.

I have stayed in both A1 and B1. To me, not much difference except hubby can stay overnight for A1.

Hi there everyone, just to share that we are having a small yew tee / Cck mummies' gathering this Saturday (19 Jul) at 3pm, at my plc near South View LRT. Interested mummies can join us...

email ([email protected]) me with you hp no. and name, I'll txt u the details! Cheers!

Good afternoon to every mummy.....
May I know anyone got applying for next year P1 school ? Which school is more popular at Yew Tee area ?

Hi, I would like to ask if anyone has a part-time cleaner to recommend? I'm not getting a confinement auntie, so I'm hoping to get a part-time cleaner to come help with the household chores like once a week. And yup, I'm a CCK/Yew Tee mtb too! =) Don't want to go through agency and pay the few hundred dollars agency fees though...

hi @yupyupyup

congrates on becoming a mum. is this your first baby? happy for you!! :D

I pm you my former cleaner's contact k! her name is auntie lye.

i used her for a year... she is a local chinese auntie (parents from msia, but born here) and quite honest. Not particular a very fast worker (but I not fussy as it'll take me more time to clean myself, and I dun have the energy to, and rather spend my time w/ kids)

i took her due to colleague's recommendation, as i was a SAHM without a maid and expecting no.3. I only recently parted with her (on gd terms) as i have hired a helper eventually since there is alot more to do at home with 2 toddlers and a baby now. more economical to have a maid instead.

$15/hour doing cleaning wk, prorate if she works overtime. She does things like vacumming and mopping floor, cleaning kitchen & toilets, windows and door. She also helps me take down curtains to wash half yearly. She doesnt change bedsheets for you but was willing to help me carry my heavy vacuum to clean off dustmites from mattress for us when I was pregnant.

Usually she comes for minimum 4 hour slot unless you specify otherwise. Remember to tell her how many hours you need her to do or, what are the priority things to do, any leftover you do it yourself.

You can plan and inform her what she needs to do each round, and rotate the areas to clean - e.g. i usually get her to do those routine weekly things like floor and one of the toilets. The rest of work are on rotational basis. I specify the sequence of work to do as well, as i need to take into consideration meal preparation time, kids nap time, my bb feeding time, etc.

She doesn't like to do ironing though she does do for some families who requested (She doesn't do ironing for us as I prefer to do that myself). Most of her days including weekends are full already, except perhaps tue & thu the last i heard from her 1 mth back. She prefers weekly cleaning job though you can ask if you can try out bi-weekly first.

Tell her that you are recommended by me in cck central and that you are pregnant too, see if she can help you with your cleaning for the time being. (She was very concerned for me when she goes on holiday, nice auntie though can be quite chatty)

Take care there! hope you find a suitable cleaner!

Last edited:
Thanks @lighthouse ! I saw your PM too and will be contacting her. =)

And yup, this is my first baby, and I'm doing my confinement with the help of my mum, but I don't want to stress us out so I would like to get a part-time helper to do the basic household chores.

Congratulation to you! Is your 1st bb ? is boy or girl ? r you just moving in to this new place ? welcome to yew tee....:)

oops... din reply you until now... mine is a gal... going into TMC tonight for induced labour cos my EDD is tomorrow.

Hi CCK mummies,

I am staying at Blk 663 CCK Cres. Will be enrolling my girl in childcare once she turns 18 months in Oct 2015. Any recommendation on the childcare around? Prefer walking distance or with school bus facilities.

Back