Anyone keen in affordable pre- natal yoga?

Dear mums to be,

Our existing Thurs pre- natal yoga class are once again open for more joiners as some mummies are due in sept .

Details are as follow.

Day: every Thurs
Time : 6.30-8pm
Venue: Studio at the Lumen room
( 5-7 mins walk from Newton MRT) near newton circus

Price : $180 for 10 lessons to pay during first lesson. Package valid for 12 weeks.

If you are keen, do pm with ur name , email and contact number .

Limited slots available!
First come first serve.

Thanks!

any yoga class for non pregnant mum as i keen to join in advanced stage near north area.

Hi pyng,

You may want to look into Fitness First. They do conduct thousands of classes each week, and they have at least 20 clubs all over Singapore. If the club that you sign up with is Platinum club, then you can use all the other clubs. Their power yoga class is for advanced stage, also some of the other yoga classes. I believe that they do have a club in the North area. Do check out their website, at www.fitnessfirst.com.sg.

Hi pyng,

And their restorative yoga class on Fri morning, in Ang Mo Kio seems to be for more advanced members too, as they involved the use of bolsters.

The classes that I will be resuming again next week will be restorative yoga class (multi-level), meaning suitable for beginners to advanced.

Dear mummies to be,

There will be available slots for the thurs yoga classes as some mummies including myself are near full term.
We have enjoyed the yoga classes so far and hope to share with u.

Please contact the yoga teacher directly as she has set up an fb page below shall you be keen to join the ongoing pre natal yoga classes.

https://www.facebook.com/urbanyogamama

Thanks !!!

Recommended a preggie friend to attend urbanyoga mama classes since everyone here is talking about it, she still prefer her classes at ohmsantih yoga as she is a teacher herself and she did not agree with some of the instructions and she thought there were some risk of injuries as a result. She was wondering how 2 teachers can be so different in terms of knowledge and experience. I wanted to experience the difference too hahahaha but not pregnant now anyway, just want to say choose wisely fellow Ma Ma

Jeleen,

I believe that feedback is very important for all yoga teachers. However, baseless accusations are simply unhelpful. I had to share your post with my teacher and she replied as such: If your friend were really a fellow yoga teacher, she would have done what fellow teachers do by sharing her feedback with me. We are all in this beautiful practice of yoga and sharing for the benefit of all. I can only hope that if this student who attended my class is real, that she comes forward to share with me. But so far, other than 1 student who attended only one class and had to stop due to work schedule clashes, all other students have signed up for more.

I have been attending urbanyoga mama since trimester one till now..I'm at my week 36 btw :)
Both my friend & I attended the trial session & we enjoyed very much. So we signed up for 10sessions which costs only $180.00! It's so much affordable as compared to the rest of the yoga places I have sourced. We love how relaxing the yoga is & the techniques she taught really helped me throughout my whole pregnancy. I had backache at second trimester, the technique she taught eased my pain. Even up till now I'm at my third trimester, I don't experienced very bad backache.
The yoga teacher is very knowledgeable & patience, she always answer to our questions in midst of the class :)

Totally agree. I've attended since my 2nd tri till e night before my labour. It really is a relaxing and gentle yoga. The breathing helps a lot for my labour too.

I attended urbanyoga mama classes during my second and third trimesters.

The classes were well structured and helpful to ease my backaches and cramps. The instructor was very friendly and helpful. She patiently answered all the questions we had about pregnancy and exercise, giving us advice on how to stay healthy during our pregnancies.

What I was most impressed with was the way she carefully considered everyone's differing conditions and stages of pregnancy in giving her instructions. For instance, she would advise those in the second trimester to do poses in the regular positions but those in the third trimester to do a less strenuous version of the pose. Clearly, she valued the importance of mother and baby's safety. I really enjoyed the lessons and appreciate how she went out of her way to ensure our comfort and safety.

Please be responsible when sharing your experience. I find the post criticising urbanyoga mama classes to be very vague, with a he-say-she-say element to it. I really wonder if there ever was such a student. I agree with the other poster that if that teacher were really concerned, she would share her views with urbanyoga mama and not keep them to herself only to share on a public forum like this. Please do not malign a wonderful, caring yoga teacher.

Last edited:
I think everyone is entitled to their opinions and we should respect that. This is a forum and it is meant for sharing happening. Whether or not people decide for or against my thread, we should leave it to them. Appreciate the others feedback that are positive, at least it helps to provide a well-rounded grounds for people reading these threads. Thank you and Peace!

Back