Is tracy hoggs/babywhisperer useful in Asian context?

SassyJs

Hi any mummies implemented Tracy Hoggs EASY routine? Is it difficult with all the crying and how many days to see effect? Need to swaddle for 3 month old still?

I did follow the routine but mine is AESY. I tried easy but bb was too hungry by sleeping time.

I find that with a routine, everything is easier . Yes I swaddled my baby from birth till 6 mo. Swaddling is part of the sleep routine. I swaddled baby , feed , burp , pat to zzz.
No matter what routine or method, most important is consistency. Every day is the same , meaning for the initial days, I minimise going out. When it's time to sleep, I m at home.

Yes crying is inevitable when u implement the routine. For my no1, I implemented soon after confinement lady left . Took ard 1-2 weeks to see effect . For my no 1, I was clueless abt routines and all. When I implemented , she was already 4-5 mths old. Lots of crying, family members could not take it, subsequently plan was aborted. With the #1 experience , I insisted swaddling for #2 upon birth . I find that it really helps

Lala how did you overcome the crying? I really cannot take it but I cannot take the 1-2 hours waking up every night anymore..

Have to be v hard hearted though.. My no1 time , my family can't take the cries hence did not implement the method throughout . For no2, I started her at a much younger age . Hence it was easier as compared to no1.she did cry but easily settled by patting. One thing to note I did not follow Tracy Hoggs methods completely. I do pat her which is not encouraged.
How old is your baby? Have u established a routine for him/her?

Baby is 3 months. Only routine is feeding at same time. Baby refuses all methods to sleep. Tried to pat also cannot. Sigh. But tracy hoggs method is tough. Must I wait for baby to grown up?

Last edited:
I would suggest start early. The latter the more difficult it is.
Set a bedtime routine , eg: wipe down, change , lights off, milk, lay baby in bed and pat( no recommended in Tracy Hoggs method but I did use) of cos Wun see result immediately but things will get better.
Baby is 3 months. Only routine is feeding at same time. Baby refuses all methods to sleep. Tried to pat also cannot. Sigh. But tracy hoggs method is tough. Must I wait for baby to grown up?[/QUOTEno

One thing to note , make sure baby has enough nap throughout the day. I made this mistake during my no1 time. I was advised to keep baby awake as much as possible during daytime so that baby will be tired enough at night. This is so wrong , over tired leads to over stimulated baby -> which in turns become difficult to sleep at night . Sleep begets more sleep for babies

Do make sure baby is burped before laid down . I Made the mistake of putting my baby down to sleep immediately after feed cos I was afraid to rouse her from the drowsy mode. Big mistake again cos she became gassy . Another thing is I gave soothers to both my kids. No1 I din give during the first few mths and she was crying away. In my case , things got better when she was given soother as she soothes herself by sucking the pacifier. So for no2, I decided to be flexible on the pacifier. Gave it to her quite early

Back