Dr Chan Kong Hon

kv83

Hi all, I am thinking of engaging Dr Chan KH since my previous doctor, Dr Tan Han Yang, is going to retire. This is my 2nd pregnancy and I am going to opt for c-sect, thus I am looking for some feedback on Dr Chan before deciding. I have seen a doctor, and he says I am around 16weeks pregnant now. Dr Chan KH name was given to me by one of the nurses at Dr Tan's clinic, but I am not sure if his stitching skills are as good as Dr Tan.

Please provide some advice if you have used Dr Chan before. Thank you.
happy.gif

Hi,

My 2 c-sections were done by Dr Chan KH. His stitching skills are remarkable. I would strongly recommend him.

He is using a 3D scan machine so you get to see ur bb in 3D almost every visit as well. ;)

hi

my first gynae was tan hang yang and my 2nd gynae was dr chan KH..no regrets..he is superb!

no worries at all...s

D only thing is he very concern abt the weight, I always kena "nag" of my weight, keep asking me to keep fit... Haha..

Hi,

I am also with Dr Chan KH for my 1st 2 pregnancy and now i am having my 3rd and also going back to him. His stitching is really good and i can get down to walk on the same day. Mine was natural birth. Yah he is very concern abt our weight. I know he will nag hence dont dare to eat much too so this pregnancy never get any nagging from him. Alt his charges are a bit on the high side but you will have no regret.

hi smalleyespy pls revert your feedback after seeing dr chan? mine was dr tan han yang , and sad to know he is retiring. Wanting to find a gynae as good as dr tan. Kindly share his package charges as well thanks

Hi Twittymon! I went for my 1st appt with Dr Chan already. He is not too bad. Very straight forward, very kind, patient and super experienced,

He was the gynae for Mark Lee's wife and heard for Goh Chok Tong's daughter as well.

He has this holistic approach i guess.. where he does not blif in drinking milk and eating cheeses.. haha.. but really rather relaxed on things like running and jumping etc..

he can be rather costly though.. and heard he is pro Csect.. which works for me.. cos thats wat i want...

Hope that assists..

OH! if u wana book... make appt soon.. he's always packed!

i am with Dr Chan for my #2. Had a natural birth with him too for #1. it is very reassuring to have him as my gynae as he is very experienced and his skills definitely great. he is very particular about weight gain and encourages an active lifestyle throughout pregnancy but all for the good of mommy and baby!

per visit is about $380, includes ur multi vits and dha supplements... this is for the monthly visits until about 24 weeks.. then he starts the package.. about $1k until u give birth. but this $1k only includes the visits and the multivitamins. DHA supplments not included. Costs for any blood tests/ OGTT tests also not included. pretty exp.. but he's quite good, and his constant nagging abt weight will help u to keep ur weight in line, although sometimes u will feel so sian cos its like everything also cannot eat. =(

if i rem correctly, his fees for delivery is $2k for normal and $4k for caesarian. (all the figures are approximate and applies to me, so if he changes, i'm not sure ah..)

i have survived so far and delivering in may 2012!

anyone can share his stitching skills for normal delivery?

also, what is the total hospital bill for normal delivery at gleneagles?

thanks

hello! m currently seeing Dr Chan! Zara, ur price seems cheap for the package! Mine is $1600 and yes for visits, scans and multivitamins (DHA excluded)... initially per visit was about $395...

his delivery fees... NORMAL- $4k, With forceps - $5000 and Csect- $6000

Epidural will be a quarter of delivery charge!!!

and ur right.. he likes to nag about ur weight... vv v v v demoralising.. haha..

Mummy lee- Stitching i duno yet... heard raves about ppl healing very quickly.. with min scars etc... i will tell u in Jul.. haha..

Total hospital bill at gleneagles depends on which room ur choosing.. u go their website.. should be able to see..

hope this assists!

Normal delivery is 2k. Why is yours so ex? I just gotten the price list from the clinic last week.

Hi! I am with Dr Chan KH too. Im currently preggy with #2 and I had my #1 with him. Dr Chan is an experienced gynea and his charges are steep as compared to other doctors.
For my #1, it was natural with forceps and he charged $5k for that in 2009. My bill came up with almost $10k (incl room etc) Now I am not sure if his charges have gone up. U can call his nurses to find out the prices.
And yes, he loves nagging on the weight gain. I piled on 17kg for #1 and he scolded me thruout. This time, due to my MS, I havent gain much weight so I was spared his nagging. For now.
happy.gif

smalleyespy, i tot normal delivery is 2k.. why yours is 4k? ur package starts from which week? mine started ard wk 20+ i think.. after 5mths? as for the DHA, u can buy online from iherb.com. It's exactly the same one Dr Chan gave, but cheaper. u can check it out. i discovered too late..

i only put on 8kg so far (pre-preg to 35wks nw) and he's been nagging also.. cos i started on the plump side.. SIGH. so demoralizing cos i really restrict myself from eating.. sometimes feel so sian already, still cannot eat the things i like.. so sad lor... but then again, if he never nag, maybe i will eat loads of rubbish and will nt be good for bb...

Hi Mummies, I am also visiting Dr Chan. The new package price is at $1600.
Normal delivery 2k, With forceps - $5000 and C-section- $6000. However guess what? I heard from the nurse that delivery charges varies?! It will depend how much Dr Chan wanna charge you.I have 2 friends visiting Dr Chan this year and the delivery charges are different ok?? I will be visiting him 1st week of June and will be presented my package then. Hopefully he will charge me the lower one. I am very curious how come the charges are not standardized? Me and my hubby are quite unhappy to hear that that his charges differs.
sad.gif

Hi Mummies,
I'm also seeing Dr Chan & just got my package $1600 till delivery.
His fees: Normal delivery $4K, forceps $5k, C-sect $6k (Are you sure he can deliver for 2K only??)
Hospital charges are different depends on type of room (2bed, 1 bed, Executive, Superior, Suite).

Hi MTB,
I am buying some stuff from Iherb and if you are interested in tagging along your solaray DHA which is cheaper than what the clinic charges, please PM me.
Once we hit USD200, can get a 12% off.

Hi MTB,
I am buying some stuff from Iherb and if you are interested in tagging along your solaray DHA which is cheaper than what the clinic charges, please PM me.

My boy was delivered via c-sect by Dr Chan in Apr2012. Thank Lord for placing me in the good hands of Dr Chan who took care of me and my baby throughout my pregnancy. I am a plus size and my family(mom, aunties n grandma) has history of diabetic and high blood pressure. Dr Chan made me lose weight during my pregnancy. All my friends and relatives commented that Dr Chan is weird BUT I can proudly say that he is a SUPERB Gynae!!! I only gained 1kg on my 40th week and my boy's birth weight was 3.58kg. My boy was out within 27mins; I was able to get down the bed and walk the very next morning. My sister and mom can't believe their eyes when they see my scar(one thin beautiful line).
My hubby and I felt that every dollar was well and worth spending.
>> if not mistaken... package price(from 5th mth onwards) varies due to the complexity of the pregnancy.

Dr Chan is an excellent OB! A knowledgeable, caring and confident doc who delivered my boy naturally in Aug 12. His Stitching was good and I could walk around the next day after delivering. The nurses in the delivery suites were singing praises of him and telling me how good Dr Chan is. I'm defintely gg back to him for my 2nd.
To clarify, his charges are standardised, doesnt vary at all.
Before Mar 12 (i cant rmb the date correctly), u could sign a package with him at 16th weeks at $1k with delivery charges at (vaginal - 2k, with forceps - 3k, csect - 4k).
After Mar 12, his charges has increased. At 16th weeks, u could sign a package with him at $1.6K with delivery charges at (vaginal - 4k, with forceps - 5k, csect - 6k).

Hello there,

looks like the price for Chan KH has increased again. package is still the same but the delivery charges increased by a little. will check with him once my wife is 16th weeks.

Is anyone buying the dha from any US websites? I tried calling the importer and I was told the solaray dha has been discontinued. Dr Chan is selling for S$55 and if we were to get it from US websites are about usd20.

Hihi anyone keen to share the shipping cost with me for importing the Solaray DHA required by Doc Chan? The USA website is retailing it for 23.29 with shipping cost of approx. USD 7.1 per bottle. We have to keep the shipment to under 12 bottles to avoid US taxes.. let me know if keen? Doc Chan's selling it at 55 .. not sure if he will be increasing the prices with the dollar going up..

Yup yup the website called vitaminshoppe. Not many pharmacies carry this anymore sadly. U keen to share the order ?

Hi everyone,
Dr Chan was recommended by an ex-colleague. Would anyone be able to share your experience with him as your gynae & his prenatal package (when does it start and what does the package cover)? TIA :)

Last edited:
Hello @mouseyd I have a very positive experience with Dr Chan. He's very very experience and has superb stitching. He is very strict on weight gain do be prepared for nagging if you exceed 2kg a month. Package is $1600 from 16 weeks onwards. This was last year. Not sure if he revised this year

Back