Any Feeding Advice Please?

Bea29

Hi,

My son is 7 months, his birth weight was in the 90th percentile. But 2 months later it began to drop...now he'said in the 25th percentile!

A very worrying problem is that at the infant care centre which he goes 3 days a week so I can work. He finishes all 180ml FM at 3 feeds, eats 3 tablespoons of baby cereal & drinks 20ml warm water between every feed as per my instructions.

However at home he refuses all of these. He drinks till 60ml then starts crying & hits the bottle then refuses to continue. Even after 30-45 mins when I try again, he refuses. Same thing with the cereal, I can only get him to eat 2-3 baby spoonfuls before he starts whining & hits the spoon.

He was ok when we introduced cereal & water at home. But ever since the infant care centre started feeding him these, he refusesaid them at home. Even with the milk, he had no problem finishing 150-180ml at home. But when infant care started giving him 180ml, he starts giving problems at home.

I've brought this up with the centre but no one can help. I'very seen how they feed him, just put him on bouncy chair & feed...but that time when I was there to observe, he only drank 150ml.

I've brought this up with some PDs too but they don't seem concerned.

I've tried weaning him on pumpkin, broccoli & potato purees mized with some milk. Ony manage to give him a few baby spoonfuls, anything more & he'll start crying.

I've tried everything from putting him in car seat to singing to him while he drinks to replicating his feeding position as close as I can to having the same temperature of water...nothing works! I'm at my wits end!

Is it me? The infant care centre doesn't seem to have any problems feeding him.

Would greatly appreciate if someone can give me some advice please?

PS. Apologies for the long message.

Back