Maids keep their passports n WP ?

Hello mummies

Can someone advise if maid should keep her own passport n work permit?

My agent told me no. Give her WP during off day only n take back when she comes hm.

My friend's agent told her the maid got to keep. They are her belongings.

Many thanks!

Hi purple white,

Which agency is that who told u? So far my agencies never told me this. I have employed maid for years and I am the one who held their passport n wp . Unless they go on off days, they need to bring wp, but no need passport to go on off days ! Your agency is trying to be funny thou.

Best that u hold on to their documents. Only give them when necessary. That's what I do for my helpers.

Oh yes, u can give them a photocopy of their wp. But so far my agencies gave my maid a copy already when they first reached sg b4 I bring them back home. So I will keep the original.

Hi mashimaru

Thanks for advice.

The agency who says the maid should keep is rejoice. Well, there is employer hm address on the WP, so worried maid do naughty things with that ID. I ll pass the WP to maid n get back when she returns hm from off day.

Thanks again!

Actually u can pass the WP to the maid for her to keep or u can keep but give her the original when she goes out. Else if she is checked by the police she will be brought to the police station and you have to bring the original WP to pick her. But you have to keep the passport at all times. She does not need the passport at all. ...

my maid have both her passport and WP.

WP should always be with maid.
Passport not sure if we should keep it.??

I feel that you should just photocopy the wp and give her. The original documents, should be kept safely with you.

I think it's mom law that maid should keep their wo. Make sure to remind them that if they lose it, they will need to be responsible for it. For passport we keep for them.

ImageUploadedByForum1447362657.075624.jpg
for your info.

Back