Ameda pump, storage bottles, milk bottles and teats

xyun08

Hi all mommies and moms to be

I am trying to buy all the baby items but have a lot of questions as a first time mommy. Hope some of you can help me clear these doubts.

1) Planning to get an ameda lactaline dual pump. Anyone using this? May I know if we can pump directly into pigeon or other brands bottles (standard neck or wide neck). Can medela storage bottles fit ameda pump too?Or can the ameda and storage bottles fit the teats of brands like pigeon or nuk?

2) Is it ok to transfer milk from storage bottles to feeding bottles , any risk of contamination?

3) I have decided to get pigeon bottles for my baby to try. But heard Nuk teats are better for NB, can nuk latex or silicone teats fit pigeon bottles both standard and wide neck?

4) If I pump directly into feeding bottles how do we cap the bottles for storage?

Hi! Hav u buy all the things u need ? When is ur due date?

Hi my due date is 19 Dec
Haven bought the pump Coz the warranty starts on date of purchase.
Key items I am taking second hand from relative or frens . Left with smaller items like baby toiletries and bathing stuffs.

U??

Hi! My bb is 10 mths old le. Thot if u want preloved items, I can sell to u as also no use le.
Pls take care & congratulation ! :)

Hihi, I used Ameda dual pump previously when it malfunction 2x (motor giving out a grinding noise, no suction power). I have recently switched to Unimom Allegro. whether or not it fits to medela or other known brand bottles, I'm not too sure. The pump bottle size is very much similar to medela (from what I have seen from selling in stores).

Usually it is very ok to transfer milk directly from pump bottle to feeding bottle, provided that the pump bottle has been properly sterilised prior to you pumping.

by the way, I have tries NUK bottles with latex teat. Milk leaks from the bottles, so am not very please with it. Avent is still the best. :)

Not sure if this is right place to ask and sorry to butt in... How long did all of you use the sterilizer and warmer for? First time mum here too, Edd on 21 dec so preparing for things to buy..

Back