2016/04 April babies

Hi ladies, any of u seeing TCM to 安胎? I'm 8 weeks now, next scan is next Tues, still considering whether to go back n see my TCM. Thanks!

Yes, I did, though not successful. To an tai, is if you got spotting, vaginal bleeding, and embryo not stable. However, if bb's heartbeat already went slower by then, may not have much use. Also, if bb's growth is slow but got heartbeat, also much higher chance to save and sustain the pregnancy.

Hi all, i m going to be a 2nd time mother. 1st child now almost 18 months. Finding it hard to cope with a toddler and the pregnancy sometimes. Edd is 17 apr.

Can add me to the fb group? My email [email protected] Thanks!

Hi, first time mum here. Just had a positive pregnancy test at home today. Totally clueless what to do next.
Any good gynae in Tampines area? Is KKH or private hospital better?

Pls advise Dr Wong Heng Fok's charges and package items etc. Is he pro C Section and is his stitching good? Where can he deliver?

Hello, congrats! I'm gg to visit Dr Wong for my appt tonight for the 1st time. Will let you know the charges after I done so. He's delivering @ TMC but not very sure about his skills in c-sect & stitching. Heard that he's not bad la.

Yes dear!
U visited him before?

Hi sundowner,

Yes, I visited him for 6 months prior to getting my BFP in April this year. He overlooked the fact that my uterus is weak, so I miscarried at 6 weeks and 1 days, though dragged on for 2 weeks before the confirmation came in. :(

Anyway, don't want to bad mouth him, due to my own bad experience with him.

He told me 安胎is from week 13 (after first trimester) onwards. Prior to that, not useful.

I am currently seeing another tcm nearer to where I live. Also, his herbs are in powder form, much easier to drink, no need to brew, so will continue to see him for the time being.

About the marine parade tcm, may not go back to him, I think.

Hi sundowner,

Yes, I visited him for 6 months prior to getting my BFP in April this year. He overlooked the fact that my uterus is weak, so I miscarried at 6 weeks and 1 days, though dragged on for 2 weeks before the confirmation came in. :(

Anyway, don't want to bad mouth him, due to my own bad experience with him.

He told me 安胎is from week 13 (after first trimester) onwards. Prior to that, not useful.

I am currently seeing another tcm nearer to where I live. Also, his herbs are in powder form, much easier to drink, no need to brew, so will continue to see him for the time being.

About the marine parade tcm, may not go back to him, I think.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I actually saw him briefly one year ago but did not manage to BFP. Given my age, we decided not to delay our bb plans so we went for ivf this year. My sis encouraged me to go back to him to get herbs to brew, otherwise I may not have returned to him given that I stay in Yishun which is super far away from marine parade.

I'm very worried all the time as I kept having brown membrane discharge. So I go for more scans at two sides - Dr Tham @ TMC & as a subsidized patient @ KKH.

Lots of baby dust to you, dear!

I'm so sorry to hear that. I actually saw him briefly one year ago but did not manage to BFP. Given my age, we decided not to delay our bb plans so we went for ivf this year. My sis encouraged me to go back to him to get herbs to brew, otherwise I may not have returned to him given that I stay in Yishun which is super far away from marine parade.

I'm very worried all the time as I kept having brown membrane discharge. So I go for more scans at two sides - Dr Tham @ TMC & as a subsidized patient @ KKH.

Lots of baby dust to you, dear!

Hi sundowner,

Thanks. Really hope that when I get my next bfp, I will be able to carry to term under the care and close monitoring of Prof Choolani.

I see. So how many weeks pregnant are you now?

You currently seeing the marine parade tcm to 安胎?

Hi all.
Tested positive two weeks ago.
Most likely will be end of April Edd for baby.
Second one this time.
Any wat app gp chat?

Hi sundowner,

Thanks. Really hope that when I get my next bfp, I will be able to carry to term under the care and close monitoring of Prof Choolani.

I see. So how many weeks pregnant are you now?

You currently seeing the marine parade tcm to 安胎?

Currently 10 weeks now. Not going back mp tcm till 13 weeks for next stage 保胎 (since his 安胎 stage is only from 6 to 9 weeks).

Every week is a milestone for us given that it's taken us almost 9 years of marriage to finally conceive...

Hi, first time mum here. Just had a positive pregnancy test at home today. Totally clueless what to do next.
Any good gynae in Tampines area? Is KKH or private hospital better?

Pls advise Dr Wong Heng Fok's charges and package items etc. Is he pro C Section and is his stitching good? Where can he deliver?

Hi zaizai19, went to Dr Wong ytd. Me & Hubby find him friendly, nice & caring! First time consultation is $80, ultrasound $70. Prenatal Package is $600 includes 11 visits & 11 scans.

Currently 10 weeks now. Not going back mp tcm till 13 weeks for next stage 保胎 (since his 安胎 stage is only from 6 to 9 weeks).

Every week is a milestone for us given that it's taken us almost 9 years of marriage to finally conceive...

Oh but that mp tcm told me only see him week 13 onwards, to bao tai? So if does not make it through week 6, or not much chance that bb survives, he will not an tai? I believed that that was my case.

Oh but that mp tcm told me only see him week 13 onwards, to bao tai? So if does not make it through week 6, or not much chance that bb survives, he will not an tai? I believed that that was my case.

I'm not too sure as I was already 9 weeks+ when I went to see him and it's past his 安胎 stage of 6~9 weeks.

My main worry now is my high bp. Doc at kkh says they will put me on aspirin on my 2nd trimester..

Hi all, making a cautious intro here. Want to get past my u/s appointment next Tuesday to confirm pregnancy and then join the FB group. Had a mmc in June this year so very worried I am going to lose this one too! Have any of you not had any major symptoms but still gone on to have healthy pregnancies/babies?

I'm not too sure as I was already 9 weeks+ when I went to see him and it's past his 安胎 stage of 6~9 weeks.

My main worry now is my high bp. Doc at kkh says they will put me on aspirin on my 2nd trimester..

Hi sundowner,

Is your bb conceived through IVF and not naturally?

It just crossed my mind yesterday that the mp tcm may have a different treatment protocol for women who conceived through IVF; that is: he will an tai for them from week 6 to 9, as it is well known that ivf babies are more prone to miscarriages than normally conceived ones.

And for his normally conceived female patients, he will only see them week 13 onwards.

Hi sundowner,

Is your bb conceived through IVF and not naturally?

It just crossed my mind yesterday that the mp tcm may have a different treatment protocol for women who conceived through IVF; that is: he will an tai for them from week 6 to 9, as it is well known that ivf babies are more prone to miscarriages than normally conceived ones.

And for his normally conceived female patients, he will only see them week 13 onwards.

Yea ivf.

I don't know about whether there are more mc with ivf compared to natural. But we have great hormone support so should be lower with ivf but who knows.

Last edited:
I think I am only week 6 now.
I will be going only end oct.
Coz I will be doing c sec most likely last week April 2016. Still c sec usually at 38-39 weeks.
Still thinking of going Oscar or harmony scan.

Hi all mummies

I m new to this group and now was in week 7.next appointment with gynea is on 19 sept. Hope can see the baby heart beat
Can add me to the fb private group?
Email is [email protected]
Thank you

Babystella, do u have any morning sickness?
I have quite bad morning sickness and it last for the days..very hungry yet no appetite to eat
Even plain water also I m not interested to drink..

Babystella, do u have any morning sickness?
I have quite bad morning sickness and it last for the days..very hungry yet no appetite to eat
Even plain water also I m not interested to drink..

I don't have ..my #1 don't have too..hope it maintain this way..but I don't feel comfy though..above tummy machiam stuck..will pant..

Hi all, i guess i wont be part of this grp anymore as my pregnancy is deemed as non-viable. Take care to all mummies and may u have a smooth journey. Farewell.

Hi all, i guess i wont be part of this grp anymore as my pregnancy is deemed as non-viable. Take care to all mummies and may u have a smooth journey. Farewell.

Sorry to hear that lizzycat. Baby stop developing at how many weeks? Your first scan? Any bleeding or cramps? I am worried too to as my appointment is only next week furthermore I had history of recurrent miscarriages. All at week 6.....

Back