My son prefers to poo in his night pampers!

yuki_girl

It's so hard to toilet train my 4 year old toddler. He is okay to pee in the toilet but chose to endure his poo-poo sensations till we put on his night pampers. I ask him to poo into the potty in the future, he replied saying he likes to poo in the pampers!!

arghh...!!

any mummies can advice on this?

my coming 4 yr boy also like that.. what we do is to get some candy/tibits he like to reward him if he poo in the potty . got to try a few times. now he will go to the potty and poo liao..
when he say want to poo, quickly take out the candy give him one to lure him sit on the potty, and praise him if he can poo out . tries out about 3 times then he managed to poo out. and now he very auto, will go sit on the potty to poo,
but he still did not want to sit on the toilet bowl,.

how about some good-old parenting role modelling? When they reach an age where they are safe to use the toilet, just slowly expose them to let them see you sitting on the toilet bowl, (u need not even be pooping, they just have to think that you are). put across pooping in the toilet as a normal thing that everyone else does. make it seem normal (because to the kids it isnt normal as they have been pooping into the diapers). They look up to parents and like to emulate a lot of things that parents do.

the candy treat works once! but after that he forgotten about it again. looks like i must refrain from putting his night pampers on :(

you got to try out a few times, and you must encourage /praise him if he managed to poo out.. he will feel very happy.. try different sweet next time..
took out the nigh pamper when he wake up in the morning before feeding him milk.. and told him no more diaper if he request for one and lure him to the bowl.
hope it helps :)

Same thing with my child until I did up a reward chart. Each time he cleans up his toys, poo poo in toilet bowl, brushes his teeth etc I would give him a sticker of his choice (various colored smiley faces) before bedtime. We made a big deal each time he pooped initially by praising him and all. Now he's used to the toilet bowl and would even shoo us out of the toilet while he does his business! We will get called by him when he's done to help wash his butt . While washing we would also tell him that it's much cleaner to poo into the toilet bowl rather than in the diaper. Try to get images of your child's favourite toys to paste on the chart to get his interest. Good luck!

Is anyone still toilet training their kids? My son just turn 4 last Sept, had a hard time getting him to poo even in potty.
Eventually, I managed to get an adult and child toilet seat, he den start to sit on it. I only let him try sitting on it as he's like very afraid of toilet bowl.
Somehow he managed to sit on it to poo. But when he had diarrhea, he won't move and just poo in his brief..
Now wondering how to move on to full without diaper? Nap and night before sleep will let him wear diaper. Diaper still full of urine in the next morning.

My son just turned 3. He was toilet train when he was a few weeks old. Not by me but my mum. It takes a lot of patience!! My mum 's trick was to let him pee 5 mins after his feed. And once a day, half seat half carry (since he was only a month or so) to poo over the potty. It's all about conditioning.
By 6 mths old, he never pooed in his diaper since. He would give a "constipated" expression when he needed to poo and wait till someone brings him to the potty.
He was completely off diaper at 2, night diaper a few months later. He refused to wear diapers! There were a few occasions where he wet the bed, fortunately, for the past 6 mths, he would wake up to pee or when he keeps turning and tossing making noises at night (I am a light sleeper) I'll take him to the toilet with him protesting, but still he ends up peeing. Even when he was down w stomach flu few months back, he sat up, told me to bring him to the toilet where he vomited. The next night, he woke up again and had a bad episode of diarrhea.
My boy doesn't drink milk before bed. On occasions when he asks for milk, i give him only half his regular feed.
My daughter was completely off diaper on her first birthday and has never once wet the bed.
It takes loads of patience to keep taking the child to pee, and wait for him to pee. I passed this trick on to many parents at the playground and they all swear it works!

My going 5 year old boy also like that, pee without pamper but poo .. is a must on pamper, i dun know what to do also ..
Told him if poo potty , more clean and i will reward him ,.. he also reject

I will always try to reward them however if it is not working and i will use another alternative way to scare them by saying the bad benefits of pooing on pamper.

Back