Baby First Solids, What brand of Cereal to buy?

MistyCloud

What brand should I buy for baby? She is skinny so I want to start on Cereal on top of fruits. She has been eating banana and avacado too.

What brand should I buy for baby? She is skinny so I want to start on Cereal on top of fruits. She has been eating banana and avacado too.

What's ur baby's age? Yes, u can buy her baby cereals and mix it into the fruits or vegetable puree. I bought Gerber infant cereal with probiotics (in blue packaging) for my coming 9 months old girl. Started to give her puree and cereal when she was 6 months old. You can also use vegetables to make your purees e.g. carrot, sweet potato, pumpkin, potato etc.

My baby is 6 ths old only and just started solids.

I read that rice cereal may not be ideal for first food. What about barley cereal then?

Think if u read from Internet there are different schools of saying cereal is good and while some say no good ...
For the first few weeks is more like trial and error, practice eating, chewing and note for any allergies, I believe any food in low risk category is fine. After that can mix with food eaten before while introducing new types of food to gradually cover a full meal with carbo+veg+protein+fruit.
Not every babies like eating cereal, so better look out of samples or buy in small pack only.

I bought Happy Times Organic Cereal. This was recommended by mummies on another forum. It is product of USA and can be found in NTUC. For a start you can try the brown rice cereal and probably mix it with Apple purée.
ImageUploadedByForum1434809027.462035.jpg

Back