What Double Stroller Best For Twins?

little twin stars

Hi Mummies, I was wondering if any mums of twins can recommmend reliable and reasonably priced double strollers. My twin boys are 5mths old and we would like to get a stroller that would come in useful for walks and also mall visits. Importantly the stroller should be a one hand fold and fit into a standard taxi boot as we don't own a car and don't want to have to call to book a special cab because the stroller is too big to fit into a normal boot. Of course the seats should be comfy for the boys and preferably with multiple seating positions, eg. Front to back, facing each other etc. Have been thinking aout the Graco Duoglider Classic Connect and the Contours Options LT tandem but hardly hear of anyone using it. If anyone has any advice or suggestions or used any of the above, would greatly appreciate it. Oh and of course the stroller should be able to maneuver well and within my budget..not more than $500:( thanks!

Very interesting that I also started with Graco & Contours few years ago because they are cheaper compare to other brands which are cost more than $1K…Spent around 1 year to do my research (reading mummies forum post, customer reviewer and so on). Let me share with my research. Since yours are twin, so Phil & teds(can’t fold two seats together), Peg perego skate, britax b-ready (great quality and easy to fold with both seats on) and others in-line strollers are out.
I believe that you have done your research and know all the pros, so I just list out the cons:
Graco is too bulky (my hubby was happy with the promotion price < $500 @ Taka baby show, if I’m not wrong, the model was “ready to grow”. He and salesman need to take out 2 canopies & tray in order to fit in his car boot ...so it’s out). It’s not comfy for both babies when grow up, it could last around 1 to 2 years. I believe that it won’t able be put in flat position for both seats. The tires are EVA (plastic) not rubber. Not easy to maneuver and babies are heavier…
Contours is similar to baby jogger city select (can face front, back…) but out due to safety reason (saw a post from US mummy complained about the seats are shaky for more than 1 inch, she called the customer service... and finally she decided to buy another baby jogger city select double stroller). The tires are EVA (plastic) not rubber…may not be easy to maneuver compare to bigger rubber tires.
So after my hubby saw Graco, he agreed with me that we should get better quality stroller. I’ve also consider iCandy, however, the seat is smaller and can only support up to 15kg. The frame is too heavy and it’s also bulky. Finally, I got my baby jogger city elite double (I have city elite single and it’s great, easy to maneuver with rubber tires, can support up to 35kg), both seats can in flat position, very comfy, can last for longer than other stroller (i.e., someone from US post that her 6 years old and 8 years old still fit in comfy in it). I had britax b-ready double but forced to sell it because have too many strollers at home. I also have baby jogger city select double (sold my 2 years plus city select double and bought a limited edition of city select). Bugaboo Donkey is also great but it more expensive.
If you really want fast & compact fold, then baby jogger city mini “GT” double is the best choice (note: no more city elite double). City select double are easy & compact when folded but you need to take out both seats. You can also fold it with both seats on but both seats must be in front facing position. Both are out of your budget but you can start with used strollers if you don’t mind. Perhaps after you research more, you are willing to pay more for your most precious babies.

Very interesting that I also started with Graco & Contours few years ago because they are cheaper compare to other brands which are cost more than $1K…Spent around 1 year to do my research (reading mummies forum post, customer reviewer and so on). Let me share with my research. Since yours are twin, so Phil & teds(can’t fold two seats together), Peg perego skate, britax b-ready (great quality and easy to fold with both seats on) and others in-line strollers are out.
I believe that you have done your research and know all the pros, so I just list out the cons:
Graco is too bulky (my hubby was happy with the promotion price < $500 @ Taka baby show, if I’m not wrong, the model was “ready to grow”. He and salesman need to take out 2 canopies & tray in order to fit in his car boot ...so it’s out). It’s not comfy for both babies when grow up, it could last around 1 to 2 years. I believe that it won’t able be put in flat position for both seats. The tires are EVA (plastic) not rubber. Not easy to maneuver and babies are heavier…
Contours is similar to baby jogger city select (can face front, back…) but out due to safety reason (saw a post from US mummy complained about the seats are shaky for more than 1 inch, she called the customer service... and finally she decided to buy another baby jogger city select double stroller). The tires are EVA (plastic) not rubber…may not be easy to maneuver compare to bigger rubber tires.
So after my hubby saw Graco, he agreed with me that we should get better quality stroller. I’ve also consider iCandy, however, the seat is smaller and can only support up to 15kg. The frame is too heavy and it’s also bulky. Finally, I got my baby jogger city elite double (I have city elite single and it’s great, easy to maneuver with rubber tires, can support up to 35kg), both seats can in flat position, very comfy, can last for longer than other stroller (i.e., someone from US post that her 6 years old and 8 years old still fit in comfy in it). I had britax b-ready double but forced to sell it because have too many strollers at home. I also have baby jogger city select double (sold my 2 years plus city select double and bought a limited edition of city select). Bugaboo Donkey is also great but it more expensive.
If you really want fast & compact fold, then baby jogger city mini “GT” double is the best choice (note: no more city elite double). City select double are easy & compact when folded but you need to take out both seats. You can also fold it with both seats on but both seats must be in front facing position. Both are out of your budget but you can start with used strollers if you don’t mind. Perhaps after you research more, you are willing to pay more for your most precious babies.
Hi fat-orange, thanks for your advice,it was indeed very helpful and I read your message to my hubby. There aren't many good choices for twins especially and most strollers as you mentioned are very bulky or very expensive. One dad has a Contours and he has a hard time fitting it into his car boot which is actually quite big. But may I ask you why a rubber tire is better than a plastic one? I read in some review that some parents prefer plastic tires as they do not go flat. Anyway guess will have to look around or consider a 2nd hand stroller 'cos carrying the babies in our Babybjorn carriers is no joke as they are getting heavier and both my hubby and I have back problems. Hope some more mums can give their views and suggestions, would greatly appreciate it

Now most of the premium stroller are changed to forever-air tires which never go flat(except Phil & teds, bugaboo donkey & jogging strollers such as baby jogger summit). Compare to rubber tires, Eva tires worn easily, not easy to maneuver on the grass, sand, carpets, no suspension compare to air-fill tires) However, I don't buy the ideas of forever-air tires, because it's hard plastic inside instead of air so it's heavier(someone actually weight it & found it's > 1 lbs heavier, so 4 tires > 4 lbs) & can't provide better suspension. That's why jogging strollers with 16" tires are still on air-filling. Its also the reason I specially bought my baby jogger city elite double with air-tires. Baby jogger City select only comes with forever-air tires.

Things to take note when bought used strollers. Price range could be wider especially for premium strollers. Reason simply because they are much durable & can use for longer time (baby jogger provide life time guarantee for the frame in US. Someone might buy used frame & order brand new seat fabric. But it doesn't work here because I don't think it's life time guarantee, replacement seat fabric is more than $200 exclusive of shipping costs from Australia. Sorry, I'm baby jogger lover, ever want to order newer seat fabric... Not worth it so I end up sold my 2 years plus city select double & bought the current limited edition city select ). So the strollers could be passing for more then 2 owners.

Things to take note when bought used strollers. Price range could be wider especially for premium strollers. Reason simply because they are much durable & can use for longer time (baby jogger provide life time guarantee for the frame in US. Someone might buy used frame & order brand new seat fabric. But it doesn't work here because I don't think it's life time guarantee, replacement seat fabric is more than $200 exclusive of shipping costs from Australia. Sorry, I'm baby jogger lover, ever want to order newer seat fabric... Not worth it so I end up sold my 2 years plus city select double & bought the current limited edition city select ). So the strollers could be passing for more then 2 owners.
Wah nowadays buying a stroller is like buying a car

Thanks Fat_Orange for your advice. Will definitely keep all you said in mind. Guess the stroller shopping goes on plus gotta save up and buy a better stroller for the boys:)

If a family has more then 2 strollers (except for stroller dealers, there are a few of them always posting...can check the post with other items sell by the same person, they also have few user accounts...)at the same time, strollers conditions shall be better compare to family has one stroller only due to low usage.

One more point, ur baby r 5 months already, should be eager to explore the world, so parent facing shall not be top priority.

Back