Advice on Prenatal Massage needed !!

belwoon

Hi, I am Belinda.currently 13weeks pregnant, with really very terrible backache. Wondering when is it approriate to start prenatal massage?

Any recommendations??

Hi belinda,

you could check with the company that I had my postnatal massage. Traditional Holistic Postnatal Centre at kovan. They're long in the market provide pre & postnatal service. website jamumassage.com & contact off no 62849227. Operation hr 11an -5pm. Is very common to have backache during pregnant as me too had same problem like you. Take care ya...

Hi Anne,

Thanks, will call them and check.

been having this backache thruout my first trim, I thought most pregnant women only have backache towards last trim..

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

not true.

my tailbone hurts since the end of 1st trimester.

been bearing with it ever since.

got to do with your occupation and daily posture.

or even the cushion for your seats.

From what i know, most of the spa only does prenatal massage for pregnant women after 20wks.

So must check loh...

Chabby: seems like we in same boat. did you do anything to get relief?

Apple: Just did the check, prenatal massage only recommended after 18weeks. sigh

Hi ladies, will excercises like aqua aerobic or prenatal yoga helps?

Prenatal massage can be done throughout pregnancy and not just after a certain period. Check out maternal touch on facebook for more information

Hi,

I got some informations frm frens that have experience doing prenatal before and say that usually was advise only to have the massage after 6mths onwards of our pregnancy.

Hi ladies...

I am going to the website to help some young mothers like you all to beware when you are doing prenatal massage.

I did mine in 22weeks onwards becos my placenta was low. And the nightmare came..after i gave birth to my daughter 4 hours later.. the staff nurse realised I bleed non-stop. Then they realised that it was because partial of my placenta was left inside. They were shocked as it shouldnt be...since I got no problem in my first birth.

After much investigation, they asked if I did any prenatal massage and I replied YES. So please do check with your gynae before you do any massage..

Thanks to the staff nurse who changed my pad...if she didnt realised it..I dunno where am I? Cos I wasn't feeling giddy except I looked pale and my husband thought it was normal.The nurse said it is not normal to use up 1 packet within 4 hrs...so thats y she feels something is not right.

The gynae rushed down after her dinner and do a manual cleanup from below to remove the remains of the placenta..by then my epidural was gone...can u imagine the torture..

Hi Shu,

Yes I agree with you about prenatal massage. Get advise from gynae before you had your prenatal massage. I had my prenatal after 6mth of my pregnancy. Get someone experience to do for you, not those I got to know from frens too that some spa therapists age 20yrs old did prenatal massage. Play safe and if charges by experience therapists slightly higher, is fine.

Hi, I just joined motherhood portal today. I live in France and am back for 2months to visit family. I am 17 weeks pregnant with a baby boy[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I would love to meet other expecting mummies if there is a gathering coming up.

hi vanessa , nice to meet u , im now 18 weeks preggy wt baby boy too , like u , i hope to meet up wt more mummies .. pls pm me if any ..cheer ;)

hi Belinda,

i tried both offsite (i think it was with rustic nirvana) and home service. i had a good home service massage. try her out . her name is Seira at 9109 0584. you can ask her if it's ok to start your pre natal massage now. enjoy!

Hi mummies,

Went to Singapore expo today to booked my postnatal massage for my 2nd bb. My 1st bb to was done by traditional & holistic postnatal centre too and got to know that they are having promotion till tmr. Really enjoy my 1st experience with their therapist and mummies who wish to have postnatal massage, I really recommend their service. Very kiasu to make my booking earlier although my edd is next yr march but want to take grab their promotion offer.

i read in mother n baby that massage is actually not advisable. try lite exercising like yoga, walkin, swimming, correct ur posture n so on to help ease the pain.

HI MOTHERS TO BE AND ALREADY BECAME A NEW MOTHER

I AM QUALIFIED MASSAGE THERAPIST FOR NORMAL, PRE &

POST NATAL MASSAGE FOR WOMEN.

IF YOU NEED ANY ADVISE FEEL FREE TO CALL ME

@81334493

MISSA NOOR.

Hi mummies, I usually read or find informations in these forum.Just sharing my experience of my prenatal & postnatal massage.I'm a very young mummy.I had my prenatal massage for my 1st bb done by traditional holistic postnatal centre and now I'm pregnant again and will still go to them. As I find that their service is really gd with tips and advise. Till now when I got any quires, they will give me advise. For prenatal, they only start from 6mth onward and even my doc advice that.. Maybe can visit their website jamumassage.com. Their lady boss is well known by mummies in these forum since many yrs back. Very frenly and feel very comfortable with her sessions when I had bad engorggement during my 1st bb. With her support, I'm successfully able to breastfeed my bb till a yr.

Call:Mdm Mas/Masita (90510005)

http://www.facebook.com/people/Muntaziyah-Bte-Mat-Latif/1828114532

*Post Natal Massage*

$50 for 90mins

She do full body massage from head to toes,

in any case if mummies has blocked milk ducts, She will help clear blocked ducts as well..

no extra charges for the wrapping cloth..

follow by a traditional tummy wrapping (bengkong), which is a long cotton cloth to,

shrinks the tummy and helps mummies reduce weight.

every sessions she will helps to push up the uterus, clears water retention, blood clot, wind & spasm.

Her postnatal massage includes a 90mins customized body massage to relief stress & muscle tension.

She use Herbs essential oil mixed with unique qualities that aid to relieve wind and body ache.

she will apply special fat burner lotion before performing the tummy wrapping.

*Head To Toes Full Body Massage*

$40 for 90mins

*Pre-Natal Massage*

$40 for 90mins

*Miscarriage*

$50 for 90mins

no tpt charges islandwide and no hidden cost..

no standard package,is all up to individual budget & judge the result yourself..

i would to recommend my massage lady, i been use her service for at last 7yrs. she offering relaxing pre and post natal massage, her name is jenny contact no 83305461.enjoy her service sacrifice guaranty.

Hi mum's,

My massage lady frm traditional & holistic postnatal centre sms me that their company will be having promotions at Singaporemotherhood at Singapore expo till 5th june. I really recommend their service as both my postnatal service service done by them. Many recommendations also frm these forum abt their service.

hi. happimoo moo, jenny will charge you abt 50 to 70s$, defending how far u staying from her place she staying at yishun, try her massage u will not regrect to have her massage she has quality experiance almost 10yrs, i been recomended to my friend, and anyone who need massage her feed back was very excelent hope you enjoy her massage too.

Hi creamdonut, sorry for the late reply. You can visit their website jamumassage.com and may see comments by many clients and since 2005 many mummies in these forum use their service. But now their lady boss only support on breastfeeding clients.She even conducts class for preparation for breastfeeding and bb massage.

i have been a malay lady since since my #1 in 2007 till now. nw having #2 and st going to her for prenatal. she charges $36 an hour on wkday and her place in people park.

Hi all,

I have been using pre natal service from Mdm wati since I'm 6 months pregnant and till nw I'm still engaging her for pre natal home service.

She is friendly and experienced. Maybe u guys can try engagin her for pre natal massage. Can tell her recommended by Irene from bedok [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] enjoy

Her Hp is 96633491

Hi Mummies,

We are looking for the following WOMEN aged 25 to 40 years old for a 2hours English speaking group discussion:

1) Pregnant Women - 5th Dec, Mon @ 3:45pm OR 7th Dec, Wed @ 1:45pm (only upon screening we will determine which group you belong to)

2) Mothers with at least 1 infant aged 6 to 10 months or 1 child aged 1 to 4 years old who drinks formula milk - 5th to 7th Dec @ 9:45am or 1:45pm or 3:45pm or 4:45pm (only upon screening we will determine which group you belong to)

* Location at Scotts Road.

* Any race. Singaporean.

Cash Incentive of S$100

Please SMS your name and age to Zara at 9189-2420 ASAP. Please do NOT PM.

Cheers!

Beware of massage lady Mdm Rosie,had bad experience with her.money-minded and not sympathetic and insist of doing massage when an immediate family member of mine pass away.num-90062445

Back