(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

I do come in to take a look now and then but it's real quiet here! I see more updates on FB! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hello Mummies! It's me posting from the land of no FB [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I tried connecting through Singapore VPN but it seems IP address is still in China.

Cost of living has really skyrocketed here. Kinda pity the people here. Things are really quite expensive. Imagine earning RMB 3,000 and a bottle of Head & Shoulders costs you RMB 36! And a bottle of Pigeon shower foam? A whopping RMB 53.60! Huggies per piece XL is roughly about SGD 1/pce.

And my Nescafe 3-in-1 costs twice as much as SG after conversion! So regret not heeding hubby's advice to bring over. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Been busy trying to set up life here in China - still waiting for my own broadband. Lucky my boss let me have access to her wireless. The free-to-air TV only has 1 channel here, so I'm waiting for my cable to be set up as well.

It's a pretty nice place otherwise. So far people hv been helpful towards us. Just hope to recover from my nagging cough asap before school starts.

If I don't manage to come on again.... Have a good weekend =)

With the costs of international brands, no wonder the locals are forced to look for cheaper alternatives with local brands. But if local brands are unscrupulous, then jia lat liao...

Hello gals,

It's been ages!

Totally lost touch here but still getting updates from FB[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Some has moved on to having #2 and #3, prob more active in the other thread already...

I am still playing aroung with my BP hehe...

Have enrolled k in pre nursery next yr, now my headache is to toilet train her.... Never had problem with my 2 boys but totally lost with her. How to toilet train girls ah? Boy can stand to pee, gal must sit and she just refuse sigh!!

Pooh gal, din know u have gone over to china! Which part? For how long?

Hi JJ!

Don't worry... Time will come when suddenly K will want to be toilet-trained. Maybe peer pressure at school will inspire her next yr.

I'm now in Wuhan. Will be here till mid-winter. Thank goodness for xinmsn radio. Can catch up on Class95. Everything here is Chinese, Mandarin and Wuhan-ese. So deprived of English language entertainment.

Wow, what a flurry of activity! Now with poohgirl and strawberry overseas, perhaps it's time to shake this forum up a bit! hehe...

Strawberry, you are doing such a good job cooking and all over there. I feel guilty that I'm in Singapore and not cooking as much as you. Perhaps I should cook more often now. Since I'm so free?! haha...

Poohgirl,

Wow, standard of living is even higher than in sg! I can't imagine paying $1 for a diaper. It's really exp. In singapore, $1 can get you a very premium brand.. probably with gold flakes or guarantee of getting into a brand name school haha.. so corny..

Hi Joyful,

Just sent my parents, hubs and lil one off at the airport late this afternoon. Almost teared. I can't believe that a week has flown by that quickly and now they're on their way back to SG. Another 4 more months to go. Gee I'm so missing them already. The apartment feels so cold and quiet now. When they were around, there was much body heat and I didn't feel cold. But now it's just me and I can feel the cold much more now.

A part of me likes the cold but I really dislike the depressing part of it.

Oh Babe,

You are a strong girl. You still have them in your hearts and when you go back, you will treasure them much more. Hope you learn something useful over there to apply in Singapore. Chin up, we are here too!

Eeeee..... Black Friday sales have started!!!! Carter's and OshKosh 50% off the entire online store! Macy's started their sales too!

It's Christmas Eve today! Apparently on Christmas Eve (i.e. 平安夜), the malls are open 24 hours for people to shop. Initially I thot of going after work today, but the thought of the crowds, the cold & the subsequent difficulty of getting a cab back home is a major turn-off.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

Back