Any comments on infant care centers in Ang Mo Kio area?

little fly, try babies resort. I did the trial, they were excellent. NTUC infant care also can consider.

I used to put my baby at Learning Vision inside Nanyang Poly. I feel its good , place. But due to several reasons I took him out of infant care after a few weeks.

Intend to put him back there, but child care after he turn 18 mths

Mich, Shirlynn, thanks for sharing!

Mich, did u put ur bb there after the trial? Is there NTUC infant care around AMK area? the nearest one is at Bishan right?

Shirlynn, i called up the place but they are already full.

Hi mummies..im looking for infant care centre at AMK area too..my old nanny can't take care of my one year old son coz she went for op..been looking for suitable nannies but in vain..ladies here have any recommendations? i'll need to return to work on 1st aug as i took one mth unpaid leave since 1st july..thanks..

hi
our son was at babies' resort since 2.5mths until earlier this month, when he could join a toddlers programme nearer to our home.

To be honest, i think the care level there is very good, and their general philosophy and practices are thoughtful and helpful to parents as well as babies.

For sure, there are occasional hiccups and well, they tend to be a bit on the expensive side considering a HDB location.

We have no regrets placing him there... we think he has benefited from the programme, especially intellectually and most of the time, we could focus on our work knowing that he was in good hands.

A couple of drawbacks for us... the distance compared to other child care options, they do not operate on saturdays and well... the higher cost.

Hi Little Fly,

Yes, there is an NTUC Infant Care at AMK Blk 329. It's a new set up started mid year 2008.

Both my children are in the Childcare ctr at the same block. I have seen the place b4, very nicely done up.

regards,
astee

Little Fly, sorry for the late reply... I guess Astee had already answered your question.

Astee, my elder girl is also in the NTUC CC. How old are your kids?

Hi Astee, maybe I've seen you around before
happy.gif

Hi Angeline,

The infant care is located - Ang Mo Kio II
Blk 329 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 , Tel: 6555 0174

The principal in charge is Ms Wendy Sim.

All the best.

Regards,
Astee

Hi, my elder girl currently attends PIES School House at AMK Ave 4, it is 5 mins from AMK library. I was recommended by a friend as well and I am very satisfied with the centre.
They have a very child friendly environment and I am impressed with the cirriculums they have there. I have seen development in my girl from a shy little girl to be more outgoing. When my girl first started, she always cried when I am leaving but the centre actually had their teaching assistant attend to her on a 1 to 1 basis until she opens up to the rest of the children.
I think the most important thing about a child care centre is to have a peace of mind when you leave your child there for a whole day. At Pies, they have fogging for mosquitos once a month and every weekend, they use vaporised vinger to disinfect the centre since it was recommended by MOH during the SARS period. I was very glad that during the HFMD earlier this year there was 0 cases at the centre.
If you are interested, you can check it out at www.pies.com.sg You can let your child go a their trial to see if it is suitable. I am sending my younger girl there at the end of the year.

hi,

not sure if this thread is still active?

my boy is now 18 mths and m thinking of putting him at babies resort in AMK. the reviews above for this place seems quite positive but wanna see if there's more recent updates on this place?

mother of 2 little gems - is your gal still at PIES? do you know if they have trial classes there?

hi ere, is this thread active :p
anyone has good recommendation for childcare / playgroup in amk area?
do share with me
thanks

Hi confused,

my girl who is 26 months old is still at BR. She's been there since she was 10 months old. I still have positive comments till now.

Anyone got reviews on Academy Kidz on da East? Heard some shocking stories bout the teachers in infant care, but dunno if true or not. Going to check it out tomorrow.

Nevermind! Just walked by, and can't believe what I saw. It was chaos. Babies crying and not enough staff, or staff who cared enough to pick them up. I'm def not going to send my dear bb there.

hi mummies!

anyone with babies resort still? can give some feedback and most importantly, how much for half/full day care?

many thanks!
Jo

Dear all Mummies,

Have you all ever wonder... how our baby is being well taken care after we left them to their care giver?

Regards
Furlyn

Hi PK.

My gal with BB resorts since she is 18 mths old. Now she is 3 yrs plus. Going to withdraw her now as the school do not have K1 and K2.

Actually I quite like the school. Can you imagine my gal less than 3 yrs old can recite 9 Chinese poems (Tang shi)? She learnt alot there..

Hi Pk,

My gal is with BB resort since 4 months, now she is a preschooler. I also like the school and I find that my gal learns alot there, even when she was an infant! She dances when I play the music, would say the last word when I recite nursery rhymes to her, can say many words at 15 months, is very socialable and was able to feed herself at 18 months
happy.gif

Of course there are hiccups here and there, I guess that happens in every school but in general, the teachers and caregivers take good care of my gal. She is very happy there and that's what important to me.

If you hear about bad reviews they are probably true. I just had a nasty experience with an infantcare and I can't believe how unprofessional they can be. After I withdrew for my son's safety, they refused to return me my deposit. They maintained I can only have the rest of my money back if I enrolled for one month. How to put him there if I can't trust them? Best to keep your baby with you if you can afford it.

Hi,

Not sure is this thread still active? I'm actually trying to look for an infant care centre in amk. I saw there's few recommendations, may I know anyone still there? And how's the school?

Actually is there any centres are not so prompt on literally teaching, but more on play or personality build up?

Back