(2012/09) Sep 2012

Thank you, royce, for ur reply :)
Kind of worry cos m first time mommy n no one experience can help out, hope everything goes well.
These few days my bb dun wan / can't sleep well at nite, want us to cuddle her to sleep. headache lor.
How many month is ur bb now btw?

Hi sushi1465,
No prob. You are welcome.
My bb is almost 11wks old. Also cries from 10pm - 3am when abt 7-8 wks, very tiring as bb wants to be cuddled.
Suspect night colic, and fed bb gripe water and situation gets better (it can be easily purchase from pharmacy or traditional medical hall or supermart. Cost abt $4.30). Actually, there are few types of colic relief. Is individual preference.

Not sure if your bb is experiencing colic, perhaps you may want to read up Colic calm website (you may to browse)
http://www.coliccalm.com/baby_infant_newborn_articles/baby_colic_treatment.htm

As for baby carrier, is individual preference.
I have 2 types, one like sarong type (bb lying down facing up, like as if you are carrying bb in your arms) and the other is the bb vertical up (with legs dangling down).
Usually bring both carrier and stroller when out.

I have a preloved Baby Bjorn Active, but in very good condition, is a spare. If you are interested, i can pass to you to try. Pls PM me if you are interested. Thanks.
Go to website for picture.
http://www.babybjorn.com/products/baby-carriers/baby-carrier-active/active/
Bb weight from 8 lbs(3.5kg) to 26 lbs(12kg)

There are other brands of baby carriers you might want to survey from other mommies.

Hope this might help you. Cheers.

hi royce, it's very kind of you for letting me to try out the bb carrier. will pm and let you know when i need it. when bb turns 3 months, is it easy to put in the bb carrier? will it be heavy for us carrying? we will be travelling back to kl for cny when my girl turns 3 mths, so, wonder should i get a carrier.

btw, do you feed your bb every 3 hours during day time? or just let bb sleep and awake on her own then feed her? my girl always can't finish the milk or sometimes even don't want to suckle when we wake her up for milk (every 3 hours). my mom and mil told us to feed her only when she is hungery and awake on her own. i wonder if this is ok?? worry she will not grow when she skip one meal. but some people say sleeping also helps growing.

Hi sushi1465,
Don't mentioned, just let me know when need.
Is quite easy to put on. Initially, you will may find it a little complicated, but soon when you will get use to it.

1) I found this video clip (similar carrier), hope it can give you an idea.
http://youtu.be/PFNPlqVqaVQ

2) Or you may got to the product (Baby Bjorn) website, they also have a demo video.

3) or you want to go the Kiddy Palace or Mothercare to feel it yourself.

Feeding schedule
During the night, I won't wake her up for milk, unless by wakes up.
During the day, I feed my bb every 3-4 hourly. If bb passes motion in between feeding time, if bb cries for milk, I may feed bb like earlier like 2 half hours from the last feeding.

Every bb is different, therefore, you need to monitor and act accordingly, all comments you get are guide, need not to follow strictly. Again, you and bb have to be comfortable is most important.
Perhaps you want to check on the amount of milk you are giving is it too much. Your bb might have small stomach or wind in the stomach. Or you may think if you need to bring bb for professional advise, like PD, or your family GP.

Comment:
During the day, have to feed bb, even bb didn't cry for milk even feeding time is up. Let bb suckle some milk i better than none.

Works on Tummy
I can't really advise much on the tummy thing.
I went for tummy massage once a week and for 3 weeks (Chinese massage) and I put on the abdominal binder all day 24hrs during the first 2 months, and thereafter during the night as to keep my abdominal warm.
After my delivery I lost almost all I gain during my pregnancy, as I didn't really gain much. 2 weeks after delivery I lost another 3 kg, which means, overall I lost weight compare to my norm. I am medium built and on the plump side, my tummy is the same as before after 2-3 weeks after delivery.

Hope these might help you.
Cheers!

hi royce, you're really very 'informative' and helpful in answering my queries. really appreciate it
happy.gif
a million thanks :p

now i feed my bb every 4 hours, and luckily she drinks more than last time when i fed her every 3 hours. My bb very naughty that, if she's not hungry or is already full, she doesn't even open her mouth (close mouth very tight). and doesn't like to drink water...
sad.gif

btw, royce, do you bath your bb in between feeding time in the morning? or you bath bb after her next feeding time? do we have to set a time for bathing her? cos if i bath her half an hour after her feeding time, sometimes, it will be quite late like 11++ in the morning (cos her previous feeding time is 6++am). so, i wonder if i can bath her in between but also worry is no good???? can advise?

and, when bb cries and wants to be cuddled (her basic needs already been fulfilled, and she just want to be cuddled to sleep), do you ignore her and let her cry it out or you would cuddle her to sleep?? i really confused, some people say just let her cries and ignore her, don't cuddle her else will spoilt her. now, i will let her cries for like 1 or 2 minutes then cuddle her....my hubby says i spoilt her. sigh.....can advise what should i do?

so sorry for so many questions :p

Hi sushi1465,
Great to hear that you have got hold of ur bb feeding pattern and coping well.

Bathing
Is good to have a specific time for bathing bb.
I bath my bb anytime between morning to evening and in closed windows and door environment, is to prevent bb catching cold. My bb likes to bath...
happy.gif

Bathing between feed/ an hour after or before feed is fine too. As long as your bb and you are comfortable. Please take note, movement of bb body too much after feed might cause bb to spit out milk.

Baby cries when basics needs have been fulfilled
Perhaps, you might to check on her for any abnormality behaviour.
Off On cries
Perhaps you can ignore.... But peep her as and when.
Angry cries
If you want to let her cry (can exercise her lungs), ... Not too long, afraid bb bloated tummy and cause discomfort later.
Carry or cuddled and quiet her after letting her cry for awhile, she might feels tired and sleep easily.
One more thing, if you are able to get hold of her habit or behaviour, sometimes, you need not let her to cry so often...

Just my experience, hope these can get you some hints.
Cheers.
Happy hols.

hi, mummies, my girl always awake and cry after 15 - 30 minutes sleep at night like 9pm to 4 or 5am; she can't sleep long like in the day time. even though she was awake for a few hours in the daytime, thinking she should be very tired and sleep well during night time, but, she doesn't, she still awake every 15 or 30 minutes, and cries. Anyone experiencing this? Any advise what to do with it?

And the worst is, my hubby was so angry and he throw his comforter over her very hard when she is crying. Is this considered abuse? she is only 7weeks++. When he is in good mood, he will coax and cuddle her. but when he is in bad mood, he will shout and get angry at my girl when she is crying. When my girl is crying and when he is in good mood, he won't say anything when i coax my girl. but, when he is in bad mood, he blames me that i spoit my girl that i try to coax her when he is crying. I'm really feeling very down. I worry i will get depression if this continues. Last night when he throw the conforter hard onto my girl, i really feel worried and have the impulse taking my girl back to my parents house in kl. I think his behaviour is really wrong.

I'm worried how would this affect my girl in future when she grows up? she might get this abusive behaviour too in the future.

Someone please advise....what i want during this period is supports and undderstanding to both me and my little baby. But what i always get is complaints from him that i spoilt my girl and giving hints i don't know how to take care of my girl telling me things like how and how his colleague and the wife taking care of their kids.

i think one day i will get crazy and down in depression and end up divorce....

Hi sushi1465,
1) Your bb crying might be due to night colic. You may want to try gripe water or other colic relief. Please see my comment in my earlier post.
2) Your bb might be looking for security, need to be cuddled. You may swaddle her, wrap her reasonable tight, but not too tight, you know what I meant. Or introduce pacifier, initial intro you might need to hold the pacifier into her mouth as she may stick it out very often, before getting use to it.
3) You may try to carry your bb up right, bb facing chest to chest, be chin on your shoulder, make sure bb able to breath, one arm support bum, the other arm support bb back and hand on to support bb neck. This works for my bb. Sometimes, my bb even burp few times.
4) put bb on gentle glider, rocker or yao lan. Sometimes work for bb. In well ventilated room, may turn on air conditioning, bb might like cooler environment, on soothing music (if you need some cd on soothing please PM me, I can pass you some)
5) RuYi You, best bb companion.

My bb also experience the same as your bb. Started when bb was 2 months plus lasted for about 3-4 weeks. These are what tried (not in sequence) and it does have help me somehow.

Hope this can help you too.

hi, royce, thanks for the advise.

1) we do feed her gripe water, but doesn't seem to work.
2) try to swaddle, but she doesn't like it as she wants her hands out, eventhough we only wrap one of her hands. and as for pacifier, she doesn't really want it, only sometimes she will take it.
3) try to put her up, chest to chest, chin on my shoulder, she does stop crying but only for a while cos she will trying to lift her head up and doesn't want to put her face sideway.
4) we do not have air-con at the room (it's a rental room), but we do have 2 fans. due to space limits, we are unable to get a yaolan, but we do have a rocker, will try this tonite.
5) i put ruyi oil for her whenever i change her diaper.

she just awake very often. even when she is in my arm, she fall asleep but then will open her eyes after a minute or so.

we thought she might sleep too much during the day time, but don't think so, cos sometimes, she is awake for a few hours but at night, she is still unable to have a sound sleep.

hi royce, good day to you. i put my girl on rocker (those cover with a hole hole that type) and she slept well last night. no more wakening in fright and crying. i think previously was because it is too warm for her sleeping on the pillow cos everytime i cuddle her up, her head is so warm. but yesterday she is not as warm as before sleeping on the rocker. though she did awake few times but not crying, and fell back to sleep on her own. will try again tonight, see this really works for her.

thanks for reminding me to put her on the rocker. never thought of it before.

btw royce, can recommend which diaper is good?? i'm using huggies for her since born, and is ok except it will leak sometimes at the back (when put overnight). i tried moony, absorbtion is better but more expensive and found that the smell of urine is stronger.

have you tried mamy poko?? wonder if it's good? and what about goon? or any other good recommendation?

thanks
happy.gif

Hi sushi1465,
Great to hear that you have a little relief.
Forgot to mention that bouncer with vibrator type (similar to rocker) also works well for my baby.

Currently, I am also using huggies for my bb and also leaks out at the back. So I try to put on the diaper properly and check/change 4-5 hourly.
Heard mamy polo is not bad, but not tried before.
Tried pampers before, ok, but expensive.
Tried Nepia, equally good as pampers but much thicker and cheaper.

You need bb soothing music? It also helps bb to sleep too.
If you need, please PM me.

Cheers!

My girl got the flu virus from her dad and now having blocked n running nose. took her to ser a doctor and was prescribed a medicine for the phlegm n nose drop.  besides that, experienced mummies know any way to ease n soothe her nose for faster recovery? doc said this would take 1 to 2 weeks to recover.

hi any mummies, do you massage your baby? normally you do it what time? before bedtime? and can anyone advise how to do it? thks.

Hi sushi,
How is your baby?
Try using the nasal sucker to suck out the mucus. Dun let the mucus/phlegm go down to lung and get cough/infection. My gal also have flu and blocked nose last week. She had recovered after few days. You can also use the Infant Sea Salt Water Spray to clear/wash their nose.
8069652.jpg

Hi yen, thanks for the reply. my girl's nose is clear now. but still have phlegm. wonder how to clear that?? where can i get the "Infant Sea Salt Water Spray"??

Dear mummies,

I have 3 packs of Brand New Merries diapers (M size, taped) just bought a month ago.

I overstocked so am looking to sell these 3 packs. Selling at $20 per pack (retailing $26.95, 64 pcs). Buy all 3 packs at $57. Please PM me if interested. Self collect at Tampines, Bedok, Tanjong Pagar or Suntec (or can arrange to meet if near these areas).

Cheers!

Hihi! Not sure if anyone still checks out this thread. Hope to share experience on how to cope with child going to childcare at 18 months. Mine is going through separation anxiety right now. Any good ideas to help them to fit in easily? Thanks.

Back