Preggie w #3 (or #4,5,6...)

Hi all, I'm a FTWM with two girls: DD#1 will be 7 this year, DD#2 is 4. DS#3 was still-born at 24 weeks+ in 2011, #4 miscarried at 10 wks last year and now pregnant with #5 EDD 7 Dec 2013- doctor's 90% sure that this one's gonna be a girl as well and I'm really happy to save money on clothes etc (Don't tell my husband, though!). I know that The Husband wants a boy, but if all we can get are girls, we'll happpily take them
happy.gif
Cheers to all mummies preggy or TTC and may our kids continue to bring much love, laughter and happiness to our lives!
happy.gif
Stay healthy and take care everyone!
happy.gif

Hi, I'm a Halfday working mum with 2 boys age 11 and 8. Expecting #3 boy coming Nov13. Glad to find this thread to chat with mummies of >2. Since I'm pretty old 38 this year, I find it pretty hard to chat with younger gen expecting mummy these days with different perspective of life....

Hope to chat with Mummies here and share our feelings and thoughts!

Hi Dreamer, to be honest. I am expecting the same sex baby especially at this age. Both hb and I prefer girls since #1 but fated to have boys all the way. Same like you I'm not trying for no4 therefore I'm too finding it hard for a closure.... despite keep telling myself they are gifts...

bless:
hihi...we are in d same boat hor. i guess we can only keep telling ourselves how blessed we are by comparing those who are less forunate then us... its my dh who is very much ok with kids of the same gender.

Hi mummies

I have 2 boys and no was born last yr. Now preg again and v shocked to find out its twin boys. I cant imagine coping w 4 boys.. please share how do u cope???

Dreamer, haha... yup. Keep hypnotising ourselves boys are good :p .... till the day we r gone.

@ PrinceSSy, I seriously not sure how to cope with so many boys of the small age gaps.... that's why I'm ok to have #3 only after so many years. Still remember when my #1 were 3 years old, #2 came by and he was so jealous. Now my situation is diff because both of the brothers welcome this new baby boy and they really check on my stomach everynight to see if bb is kicking.

perhaps some other super mummy able to advise you on this.

Princessy...my three kids are 3+, 2, and 3 months old.. Age gap quite small, 18 months between the first teo, then 23 months between 2nd and 3rd. SAHM, no helper, the elder 2 only go to playgroup 1 morning a week. Used to have a part time cleaner 1x a week but we stopped her when #3 was 1 month old :p

Cope is can cope.. Though its tiring as I don't get a break at all the whole day cos at least one of the kids will be awake (the 2 elder boys take their afternoon nap consecutively). I do major cleaning every weekend (one morning) while hubby looks after the boys. Weekdays, I cook the boys' meals and eat lunch with them, but hubby buys back dinner for him and me. Weekends I seldom cook.. Eat at grandparents' or we go out or we buy back.

The main reason why I can manage is bcos my boys sleep on their own. For naptime n bedtime, I just need to bring them to the room, say goodnight and close the door. Sleep trained since about 7 months old. And they go to bed early, by 8pm unless we go out. So I get me-time at night.

And very luckily my baby girl is very angelic. Dunno whether its bcos girls are like that in general? Gosh, after having her, then I realised my first two were monsters!

But then, I think twins will definitely be much more challenging! How's the current childcare arrangements for your two now?

bless:
haha, i had a laugh when i read your mesg. i have a fren wif 3 gers. 2 days ago she brought her 3 gers to take cab. guess what the cab driver said? in hokkien lah, next time u will have alot of hor fun to eat(coz old pp said gers would buy supper for parents, meaning more filial). then his next sentance was, "eat horfun till sian". haha. my fren was so pissed off.

notveryfat mum:
your username really contradicts each other.
happy.gif
your boys are very independent. can sleep on their own. yah lah...girls are usually easlier to handle compared to boys...

princessy:
how old are your boys and who look after them now?
perhaps u should put them in ccc. as for the twins, can u get mother/mil/nanny/maid to help? you need a maid at least.

seriously...i duno why some pp look at me as if i am such failure juz coz all my 3 kids are of the same gender. they give me that "unbelievable look" in a negative way... sigh

mybabydream, hahaha... these ppl (uncle/aunties) anyhow give comment. my neighbour also said I've 媳妇命 (daughter in law's life) I just brush it over said yeah... is fate lor!

Hi jkids, is like that la. for those having 2 children of same sex who are complating whether to hoot for #3 will look at u as an example lor.

Just like me, my eldest son already 11yo (as he's quite tall abt 135 cma liao) . I bought him to baby fair and he's choosing bb products for the little brother. Some couples look at me and started to whisper too. I know they must be thinking "Look! the boy so big liao, now still pregnant!".......

just be ourselves la. be happy ok?

hello mommies~ FTWM to 3 monsters... boy age 8, girl age 7 and boy aged 6.5mths... so tiring to start (babyhood) all over again :eek:

Hi again mommies! Been so long since I managed to log in and check the thread. :p
Safely delivered my 3rd daughter on 1st Dec via normal v-birth. During the scans my gynae said that the baby was a little small but as it turns out, DD#3 was the largest of all my girls. lol.

One thing I have to say about having three kids is that I'm constantly in (high!) demand ;)
DD#1 is currently in P2, so after work I have to monitor her homework and revise her work with her.
DD#2 is in K1 and will pester me to read to her even as I work with #1. Sometimes I feel sorry for DD#2 as it seems that she gets 'missed out' at times.
DD#3 will start wailing the moment she sees me enter the house. She just wants to be carried and smell her mommy's smell. If I don't carry her, all hell will break loose. lol

Really admire all the super mommies in here who juggle family and career and do it exceptionally well... I feel like I'm going mad with three kids :p The adjustment from one kid to two is super easy as compared to adjusting from two kids to three. I never seem to have enough hands to attend to all three at the same time. Still working on getting the hang of things!

Jiayou to everyone and all the best in creating awesome memories with our kids! <3

Back