Advice Needed : Desitin Creamy Blue or Mustela Vitamin Barrier Cream bttr for nappy rash ?

Hi,

I've used both.

Mustela smells very GOOD! But fo nappy rash, not effective cos won't heal the rashes.

Desitin Creamy blue one is better, but best is desitin original purple, but the smell is medicinal and very sticky and tough to wash off, which means that baby's pee and poo can never touch the skin if apply enough cream!

My gynae recommend desitin original when nappy rash.

I also give both the desitin the two thumbs up. But i only use the purple one if he has rash or beginning to be red. Otherwise i stcik to the blue one.

Hi hi...
May i know where I can get Desitin Cream?
& which one is better, Mustela or Desitin??

Thank you

Hi Jarine Sun : i'm a June MTB. I've heard many good things about Desitin and have decided to use it on my own baby as well.

As I'm staying in the town area, i can only advise you on where to get in town.

Liang Court (Meidi-Ya Pharmacy) : Sells both creamy and original at $13.05 each.

UE Square (Guardian Pharmacy) : Sells both creamy and original at $12.95 each.

*you might want to call up the guardian outlets near your place to check if they have it before going down.This is because not all Guardian stocks Desitin.

Alternatively, you can order it online.This site sells it for $11.00 and there's no minimum number of tubes that you have to buy before you deliver.This means you can choose to buy only 1 tube from them and they will still deliver.

http://www.gmarket.com.sg/challenge/neo_search/search_total.asp?selecturl=total&SearchClassFormWord=goodsSearch&keyword=desitin

For this website, you can only order diapers. i just bought 2 packs of huggies newborn diapers to standby at home.In the shops, each pack costs $9 but on this website, it costs $4.40 each.Plus free delivery.

The June and May MTB love this website.

Hi,
i also have desitin creamy for sale. expiry in 2010.
Creamy Zinc Oxide Diaper Rash Ointment - 4 oz
1pc : S$10.50 with FREE postage.
3pc : S$10.20 with FREE postage.
6pc : S$9.90 with FREE postage.

Pls pm or email me at [email protected]
if keen. Thanks

Dear mothers or mothers-to-be, if you are looking for an experienced nanny, feel free to contact my mom by sending me a personal message.

My mom has a lot of experience taking care of children as well as newborn. willing to take care for day and night.

yah i use destin also for my 2 girls its the best n 1 pc can last me 5 to 6months it really kills all the NRash problem n any mummys out there likes to go shopping can sms me at 90880666 like to meet more mummys while waiting for my EDD.

My hubby's family has a strong history of allergy to J&J stuff so I never use it, but I do use the Mustela. I haven't had to use the one (Stelactiv) for diaper rash that is already present, but I have been diligently using the one to prevent diaper rash (vitamin barrier cream) and it has worked very well.

tinybubu,
the Desitin you intro is 2oz or 4oz? Thanks.
happy.gif

i'm been using Desitin Creamy for both my kids. tried using desitin original and had a hard time to wash off, very sticky... desitin creamy is also good for treating mild heat rash...

Hi hi

My friend highly recommends Desitin Creamy blue type... She uses it as a daily barrier cream too ie. whether or not there is rash.

Just wondering, for nb boys, where do you apply the cream too? Sorry silly question...

Thanks!

Hi, is it necessary to get nappy rash cream? Was told that it is not necessary unless there are rashes. So am confused if I should get one.

Is the pink drapolene cream good or should I get the Desitin creamy blue? Are both the same?

I tried both Mustela and Desitin.

Found that Mustela is very sticky and thus, difficult to apply. Have been using Desitin for 3 weeks now. Satisfactory results. My sister is using Drapolene. And she said it is very good too. When I tried the texture on my hand, it is the same as Desitin.

I am using Desitin on my baby girl's bum area, regardless rash or no rash. But I do change my girl's nappy quite frequently too instead of waiting for it to be really soiled.

I find Mustela good for preventing rash. Don't think it's supposed to heal. The Stelactiv one is for healing.
To apply, I squeeze a red bean sized amount and just pat pat all over the bum.

hi leng leng,

i use desitin blue on my 7 mths daughter. but i will apply to her vaginal area as well (area between her inner thighs n vaginal). hv i been doing it wrongly?? pardon my silly question

Do note that Desitin sold at guardian is only 2oz at $12 plus while gmarket ones are for 4oz and is sold between $11 to $12 plus.

i used mustela diaper cream (and bath and shampoo and lotions etc) for my girl from birth, but after a bout of diaper rash when she was ill and had to take medicine (think it was the medicine which may have made the pee more toxic to her skin), i discovered desitin creamy, which i have been using since. she is now 2.

I would say its desitin, It heal bad diaper rash real fast... 1day.. Try it. There's always mummies organising at oversea spree. :)

I like desitin creamy too. But would use Sebamed Speacial healing cream, alternating it with desitin creamy to speed up the healing process.

I personally find desitin original/creamy alone, not good enough. Coupled with sebamed Speacial healing cream (not diaper cream hor), the healing speed is faster.

hi mummies,
I bought Avent barrier cream from Mrs Wong's class..
can I check with you all, do I have to apply the cream everyday for prevention?

would wearing nappy be better than diapers?

hi, i've extra BN desitin for salae. $10 by postage for 4 oz tube. If u buy from pharmacy kk, 2 oz already costs $12.95. send me a private message by clicking on my name if keen. thanks.

<font color="119911">hi mummies..
i have been using desitin creamy since my #1's time &amp; also for #2..indeed wonderful esp with the overnight relief feature..but since it's rather thick, hence washing it off might take some effort too..

i guess as &amp; when mummies or caretaker found that the bum is red or sore, quickly apply some forms of cream (any brand that u can find as long as u apply immediately) to moisture that area..

it's gd to air the baby's bum for a while &amp; try not to wrap the diaper too tightly at the baby's bum to prevent more diaper rash developing..cheers~</font>

Hi,

I use desitin when the rash gets bad (i.e., angry red spots on bottom). Otherwise, I love california baby's calendula cream. It's not as harsh and it keeps my baby's bottom nice and smooth! :) I particularly love california baby's non-talc diaper rash powder. In fact, my baby no longer has rash ever since i started applying the powder! Would strongly recommend it :) I get my california baby products from http://www.agapebabies.com

Cheers!

***Check out our range of chic workwear at www.marjolie.net***

Desitin Creamy of course!
happy.gif

I bought from Motherhood Overseas Spree - 4 oz each tube and gives me more savings.

I'd usually apply it on my girl's genital area before her next expected poo poo. It is true that it is hard to wash off with water but with a wet wipe, it is easily removed.
happy.gif

Details to get Free Samples and info to win Prizes on my blog: http://blog.myfatpocket.com/jessieting/bepanthen-ointment-is-the-answer-for-nappy-rash-and-more-free-samples/

Bepanthen Ointment is number 1 in Australia and New Zealand because of a breathable ingredient which sets it apart from it's competitors. It has been clinically proven to both PREVENT and treat nappy rash.

Not only that, the healing ingredients allows:

-Breast feeding mums to use it on themselves to treat sore/cracked nipples
-Heal dry capped and cracked skin
-Heal minor skin injuries such as minor burns and wounds

It is even good for acne skin!!!

Please also share this giveaways with other friends on your Facebook

Click on blog link to get FREE samples from Bepathen Ointment Number 1 Nappy Care Brand

Bepanthen - Bepanthen Sample Form

Promo code for my readers to fill in: OMYB3

Back