***Young mum in need of baby things

joanneyap

Hi everyone,

I'm 18 yr old this year and currently 23 weeks preg (baby boy). I'm looking for baby's necessities (clothes etc). I'm not really sure what do i need as this is my first pregnancy. I'll be getting married soon, hoping to ease our financial as hubby is the sole breadwinner and i'm currently a private candidate for a major exam this year. Would appreciate if there's any kind mummies out there who will lend me a helping hand. Contact me at [email protected]/90181676.

Thank you.
happy.gif

Hi, after giving birth r u planning to look for work or stay home?
You'll prob need to look out for these things for starters in the first few months:

1) NB diapers ( currently there's a sale at motherhood exhibition at EXpo, u can go get them cheaply)
2) Day time one piece rompers, Night time long sleeve rompers (check WTS thread, many ppl selling clothes at a bundle sale price, buy at least 10-15 pieces for NB, 3 mths old)
4) Socks & Mittens to keep baby hands & feet warm. Prevent him from scratching himself
5) Are u intending to breastfeed or give formula milk? If breastfeed, then u will need a breastpump. (Try Ameda Dual Lactaline or Unimom Forte as they r more affordable, yet Gd)
6) Milk bottles, again, depending on whether u r gg breastfeed, then u buy those that fit your breast pump.
7) Baby Bath tub to wash baby in, as well as shampoo for hair, body wash for body.
8) Baby Cot, unless u intend to put him on the bed next to u, if not, try to get a cot so that u can put him there to sleep.
9) Creams, Ull need diaper rash cream, baby oils to keep baby tummy warm etc.
10) U also need to get a confinement lady in 1st 4 wks if poss to take care of u & teach you how to take care of baby, bathe, feed, clean his poo, change diapers, etc, unless your parents will b able to help?

I'll stop here for now. There r many things that Ull need, so do start slow. Focus on the basics; eat, sleep, wash, poo.

Hi all mothers, would like to warn you that the confinement lady recommended be ferfer8 who is auntie Yulian is not a good confinement lady.
i delivered on 15 Jan 2014 and engaged this auntie Yulian based on ferfer8 recommendation and agreed to pay her cny rate of $3.3k but she is a real nite mare.
First day she only arrives at 10pm claiming that she can't get bus tickets early those I have told her in advance my C-section date. The first nite, when bb cried she will claim that he is hungry without even checking for soil diaper or bb does not feel secured. I had to feed bb for the whole nite. The Next day, she kept saying I have not enough milk. But after I told her to swaddle bb like in the hospital, bb managed to sleep quite well. However as bb has jaundice I am also afraid that he slept for too long so I said to wake bb up every 3 hour for feed, she said oh, if bb can sleep let him sleep. In the end, I wake up the bb myself and she continue to sleep in the nite. She does not bother when bb cries. When she bath bb, bb will cry from beginning to the end. I almost had depression with her.
She did not cook well. Only some simple homeroom food. Did not even put ginger at all. Her fish soup is sour and pork rib soup is full of water. The red date water is also not boiled long enough. She waste so much ingredient in the red date water and added sugar to it.
I sent her home after 6 days and she still have the face to demand the cny rate. I paid her as I am afraid she will do something funny to the bb or myself. I regretted not taking a picture of her to warn the mothers here. There are m'sian who are trying to con Singaporean mothers. Please beware.
Mothers, please do not just read the comments on the websites for recommendation. Do visit the mother who is being care for by the confinement lady during the confinement period.

Back