Play group at pasir ris

Hi twinkle,
My boy is 17.5 mths... Do join us this Sat.
Am looking fwd to it!

Thought I'd share our trial experience at Gymboree a few Sundays ago.
This time my HB accompanied him, but I could see them from outside the room.
Although my boy was still more attracted to playing with the balls etc, I could see moments where the teacher would coax him to join the activity and he would actually do the stuff that the teacher showed.
There were less tumbling and gym types activity, but there was the usual singing, blowing bubbles, free play, going through gym obstacles etc.
The teachers were nice, and I must say it was a good experience in all.

I have bad news, my daughter is sick. I think she caught a cold from the pool, cos the water was very cold (last weekend). So her slight fever and running nose has turned into a bad cough and blocked nose.
sad.gif

I'll be calling Alice soon. Sorry folks, I don't think it's a virus but I'd rather be safe than spread it.

Hi Mummies,

How do you find the overall thing in Kindermusik trial? Personally, I think the teachers are nice but Caden is not so co-operative
sad.gif
As you all can see he can't stay still where the rest are enjoying themselves.

However, I would like to try some other classes and hopefully I can find somewhere/class more suitable for him. I might register him for 18 months to 3 yr old class this wkend at Kindermusik. Any other recommendation?

Hi twinkle,
It was nice to meet you and the rest the other day.
my boy was really cranky that day!
and even if he wasn't, he'd be just like caden, not wanting to participate with the rest.
you can read my previous experience at tother playgroups.
think its just at their age, cannot keep still.

Personally, I really liked the one at Gymboree. Only thing is that it's really far.
I'm still trying to book a trial at Tumbletots which is at Tampines.

Hi anthlete,

I'll get more info for Gymboree, maybe try on this wkend if it's not to ex.

Have you tried bring him to Explorer at Downtown East?

Twinkel,
Gymboree is $40 for the trial class.
We went for the 18mths and above class, can't remember what it's called.
The timing was also better for us, 4pm on Sunday.
I was also thinking of going again this SUn.

Heh, I usually try to avoid Downtown East on weekends cos its always so crowded!
Explorer is like an indoor playground?

Hi

I am a mother of 2, my oldest daughter is turning 4 soon and my younger boy is 8.5 months.
I am interested to get to know more mummies staying at Pasir Ris and find playmates for my kids thru fun and play!

Contemplating sd I second my boy for the Kindermusik...

Email me at :[email protected] for updates.

Kindermusik> IMHO, I personally feel the program is so-so only.
The room is not colourful to attract the little ones but I do understand that it's actually a classroom on normal days.
They have very nice teachers but I think they need more experience and training though.

I'm a lazy mummy to travel out - Gymboree is too far when I don't drive else it's a good choice too.

Anyone wants to try out My Gym @ Tampines (again?)

Hi Mummies,
I finally got through to Tumble Tots in Tampines.
Enquired about their playgroup sessions.
For the walkers (18 mths+) the session on Sat is 9.30 am and Sun 10.30 am.
$45 for 45 min session.
Any mummies interested to join this weekend?
They're located at Tampines Sports Hall.

Hi All

My Gym @ Tampines
Waddlers (10 to 18 months old)
Trial Class is $35 per child
Duration: 45 minutes

I have called them up to arrange for a Trial Class specially for our group.

They will get back to me on Available Dates and Time Slots.

We need Minimum 5 and Maximum 10 to start the Trial Class.

Who else is interested, please copy and paste
happy.gif

Many Thanks!

My Gym @ Tampines Trial Class
1) wenlim777
2) blendedbaby
3) twinkle2009
4) glenlyn

Hi athlete

The program for Tumble Tots in Tampines is for how many months old please?

From 18+ months old onwards?

My little momo can't walk yet ;P

My Gym @ Tampines
Waddlers (10 to 18 months old)
Trial Class is $35 per child
Duration: 45 minutes

Trial Class on 1st August, Sunday 5pm
Who's interested to go? Please copy and paste:

1) wenlim777

Hi Wenlim,
I'm not sure abt the other programs, but I'm sure they would have for pre-walkers.
The thing is that its soo difficult to get through on the phone.
When I did this morning, it was quite noisy (with kids!) and the girl sounded a bit busy.
Now I'm trying to call to register for tomorrow morning, but once again, goes straight to answering machine...

Glenlyn - my boy is only 8.5 months and just know how to cruise at the moment. Is there any programme for pre walker and also for toddler about 4 yo?

hi mummies, this thread is getting quiet nowadays!

Anyway, just wanna let u all know GUG just called me. They have a trial session on 21st Aug (sat) at 930am. It's at Mountbatten and the trial costs 25 bucks. Only catch is we need to go down before the actual day to make payment.

Any mummies interested? If yes, pm me ur child's DOB and ur name/contact number so that I can get them to reserve a place.

Cheers!

hi tzen,
i am keen in attending trial classes too, which are the upcoming ones? any at town area? pls advise on good trials too

Hi, i'm an experienced pre-school teacher now SAHM. My kids are both 4 and 8 yrs old now. I started doing playgroup style cum phonics teaching with them when they were 2/3 yrs old. Both started reading elementary books and able to spell many words by age 3.

Many parents sent their kids to phonics at the age of 4 and some kids at age 5 still unable to spell or read well. In fact, once a week phonics class is not enuf. At least 2 times a week is more effective. Giving toddlers early exposure to phonics with effective material and fun lesson plan is beneficial. My girl loves reading and without tuition and the need to do assessment book, she's the top scorer for English in P1. Her strong English foundation will not be possible if i did not expose her to phonics at an early age. There are many phonics material sold in bookstores and internet but many are not interesting. The one i have is used by a popular playgroup and my 2 kids love it and listen to it many times which is impt for their learning process.

Thus, I'm thinking of starting a training course to mothers who wants to learn how to teach phonics YOURSELF effectively. It's oso good bonding time with your kids and with those who have more than 1 child, it's even better to do it together. U can bring yr kid along as long as they dun distract you. Lesson plan, CD and material will be included. I will teach hand actions on songs and rhymes as well as ideas on art and craft to make the whole teaching session meaningful.

Details as follows:-
- 6 to 8 week course
- 2 hours per SESSION, once a week
- Weekday morning except Thurs (pls state your preference)
- Time : 9.30 to 11.30 am (time can be adjusted)
- $50 per SESSION (including lesson plan and craft material)
- Phonics Book and CD to be purchase at $20/- per set.
This phonics course is basic phonics comprise of Consonants and Vowels. Suitable for children upto 4 yrs old.

If you are interested, pls email to me at [email protected].

All enquiries are welcome

Hi mummies, im a SAHM staying in pasir ris with a 17 month old gal. Also keen for any play group, play dates.

Back