4 month old bb unable to nap

tlcp

Like to check with experienced moms out there: My 4month old bb girl is unable to nap suddenly. Previously, she still manage to sleep 2 naps in the day, one hour each. However, now she is unable to do so, sleeping only 15-25mins, twice a day. Any idea why? She is beginning to develop eye bags. Napping less in the day does not cause her to sleep earlier at night. Each night she has to cry herself to sleep as well. =<

I will think 2 naps a day for a 4mth old is too little, they should be taking 3 naps and around 1.5-2.5hours per nap.

My elder one is a napping queen... never had problem with her. Younger one is not so.... so i tried to put her on her tummy to sleep and it worked, she took 3 naps @ that 4mths age and 2-2.5hr per nap, but now she is 11mths is harder to mandate her naps.

give milk before sleep or nap?

Well if they cannot sleep no point forcing. It may turn better. Babies change very fast.

yes agreed with sugarsweet
feed her with milk before nap or sleep
usually at 4 months old,they dun nap very long.will she sleep thru at night?

Did your baby sleep in yao lan?

My girl need not yao lan since birth till 5mths old.

She just liked to sleep on her tummy all the while till around 5 , 6 mths old then she had difficulty falling asleep so we tried yao lan and it helped.

no yao lan and pacifier as I believe no good. Can imagine baby will feel dizzy with the motion and it will be too frequent to use it. I have heard people saying very hard to kick off.

Mine never use both item at all and is perfectly fine.

most babies will like to sleep in yao lan.
Well it all depends on how you trained your baby to get used that all.

At first I thought I'm pretty lucky as my girl can sleep easily on the bed without any help just need to tap, but as she grow she became difficult to fall asleep, she'll toss and turn until very crouchy, so I started carry shake her to sleep. As times goes by, my back can't stand her weight anymore so decided to try yao lan.

Actually, you need not shake the yaolan very hard, sometimes I just swing the yaolan, my girl still toss and turn in it but she's happier with yaolan than on the bed now.

Of cause, it depends on how you want to handle your child. Cause, some theories that are logical to me may not apply the same to you.

As far as I know some babies don't like to suck pacifier at all.

My eldest girl kicked the pacifier and milk bottle habit when she was 4years old as she felt embarrassed.

For me, pacifier is the first thing I bought for my girl, as I know many babies love to suck for comfort.

Back