Need advice on baby stroller

hymijules

Hello peeps,

I'm on my 5th month and am looking at baby strollers. Here are my requirements:

1: Light and Durable
2: Smooth ride on tar surface(Bigger wheels?)
3: S$500 and below

I've narrowed down to these 2 strollers that fits my requirements.

Micralite Toro Stroller - S$699
http://www.micralitestroller.com/toro.cfm

The price is above my budget but it's the cheapest stroller that fits my requirement. Read some user's review on it and saw some bad experiences(Front wheels fell apart!! Baby doesn't sit/sleep comfortably and customer service did not even reply to any of their complaints).

Bonbebe Stroller - S$229
http://www.littlewhiz.com/pd_bonbebe_stroller.cfm

Fits all my requirements but surprisingly very much cheaper. Too cheap that it gets me suspicious. No website, no credibility, no user's review...like as if that product doesn't exist! Made and assembled in China....even more suspicious?
Gave it a test run the other day and the stroller is smooth, looks and feel durable. But too early to judge?

I appreciate it very much if you can give me your word of advice as im really caught in a fix. Please help..

Warmest Regards,
Jules

Hi Julia,

You don't accept private messages, can contact me regarding strollers
happy.gif

Hi Jules,

I've not looked at both strollers before, but I thought I'd share my personal experience with my "research" on other strollers (like you, I was in a dilemma)
happy.gif

You may want to consider the Combi Miracle Turn (retailing at $498) which is rather light (about 4.9 kg). But I've heard comments that kids may outgrow the Combi quite soon as the seat is rather small. My only gripe about the Combi is that the wheels are v small. Another comment from my colleague with 2 kids is that generally, light strollers tend to be less durable cos less metal is used for the frame. A better brand than Combi for light and durable strollers would be Aprica, but you'll have to look out for Robinsons sale for a good deal.

Another stroller that I seriously considered was the Maclaren Techno XT which is very durable but slightly heavier (5.8 kg). This seems to be quite a popular choice among many parents, and the last time I visited Baby Hypermart at Kaki Bukit, the 2007 model was selling at a promotional price at less $400, which I thought was a good deal.

In the end, I fell in love with the Peg Perego Pliko P3 (paid less than $500 at Baby Hypermart cos of sale) which is extremely sturdy but heavy (8 kg). I guess at the end of the day, there really isn't a perfect stroller - you'll just to look for one that meets most of your criteria
happy.gif

Hey mama_lemon,

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I looked at the other models that you have mentioned as well.

And somehow, like you, I too fell in love with Peg Perego Pliko P3. I agree that there's no one perfect stroller that can fit your requirements but I think the Peg Perego Pliko P3 comes close to it. It feels comfy, has good room for baby (unlike combi) and durable. Like MacClaren, Peg Perego strollers are rather popular with parents.

I may just go for it
happy.gif

Hello Lovelies!

I just came back from window shopping for strollers. I'm finding reviews in the internet of this one particular stroller that I feel is just too good to be true.

Maker: Valco Baby
Model: Navigator
URL image: http://www.valco.com.au/ProductItem.asp?pid=53&bid=17&sid=232
Price: S$239
Made in Australia, assembled in China.

Anyone here using that model? Please give me a heads up!

I need to get reviews in this as it fits all my requirements, at such an affordable price! Too good to be true...

Hi Julia,

We are eyeing the Bonbebe Stroller @ S$229 too .. However we hv 1 concern (seems to be the only 1 but is impt to us) ... it doesnt have a front bar .. thot baby would be more secured (& safer) with the front bar which they can hold ..

Another stroller we have narrowed down is Haenim Stroller - $189.. If I remember correctly the stroller should look like the below link:-

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/215947928/Baby_Stroller/showimage.html

It is also sold at Kiddy Palace (Seng Keng, not sure abt other outlet. U can call & check b4 going down to see)..

Just have a thot.. wonder if we can get a cheaper price if buying 2 .. I know another shop in Tampines selling it .. if interested i can ask the sales person ..

Let me know asap. I should be getting it soon ..

Cheers

Hi, I've been using Bonbebe since I had my boy last June. Very durable & sturdy. I don't like strollers wif the bar cos i find it's quite troublesome for the kid to get in & out. The angle can b adjusted to your preference, no fixed angle so even if your bb wants to sit uprite also not an issue. The concept of the stroller is European style just like Quinny & Maclaren but the price is less than half.

julia - i'm looking at valco twin strollers too. but their website doesnt seem to have the shop locations in aust and they dont seem to ship overseas. how are you getting your stroller ?

Hi, sorry to interupt, I have a Combi Miracle Turn in purple. Almost brand new.

Model TJT-450. Used only less than 4 times, looks brand new. No stains or tears. Seldom used cos baby prefers being carried.

http://www.taising.com/Combi/Combi_TJT450.jpg

Very light and portable, reversible handle so baby can face you. Selling at $450 neg

Pick up at my place in Telok Blangah. Thanks for your interest :)
2202446.jpg

Hi,
I find the seat for Combi Urban walker a bit narrow. But it's really light. So I bought Combi Super Mechacal DX TM-359-DX. Seat is bigger and still very light and easier to manoeuvre than Combi Urban.
I have another Brand New Combi Mechacal, trying to sell it at $180 (retail price: $293.45). Let me know if you want it. You can't find this price in the market for brand new
happy.gif
2234540.jpg

Dear all,

I have a black colour Speedi to sell at S$500. It's been use for around 1 year 2 mths but I seldom use it so it's still quite new & good condition. If who is interested, kindly e-mail me to [email protected]

Cheers,
Carol

hiya

the micralite toro is great ; the micralite fastfold is an earlier model and that had some problems you mentioned in ur post; bad posture as a result of a 'hommock like' seat. But so far, the toro has gotten great reviews. my only grouse is that its diff to get a buggyboard compatible with it. but anyways im getting one for my 2nd babe ! i think u can get it in singapore at a pram shop in paragon ,..first few years its called , if i recall correctly.

Combi urban walker stroller is good. It has a big basket with easy handling. Also it has adjustable reclining backrest from 125° to 170°. This is a very useful function then those 3 or 5 steps stroller with fixed angle. I think this is one of the pros of combi stroller. And it has ultra long and wide seat (70cm x 35cm) that allows newborn baby to sleep comfortably inside. Its 5-point safety harness makes sure your baby is safe in the stroller. However, it is only half-folded. If you own a compact car like Kia picanto or RX then you may have problem to load it into your car boot. So far this is the only point that I don't like.

Hi Julia J, I may be late in offering my advice.
I am a Peg Perego Pliko P3 user and it is a Godsend!

My first choice was a Maclaren Techno XT and the Bugaboo Bee. However:-
1. Maclaren Techno XT cannot stand on its own and needs a separate travel system/ car seat.
2. Bugaboo Bee is difficult to fold up and is very heavy - about 8kg. Travel system not included either.

Saw the '07 Pliko P3 on sale at Baby Ave (Balestier Rd?) and it is heavy but we feel very safe. As a newborn, my little girl slept flat on the stroller when we went out. And now at 3m+, she sits on the infant carrier which we put onto the stroller relatively easily.

I like that it is stable - the sales girl stood on the back of the stroller (at the 'skateboard' thing for older kids to stand on?) and it didn't topple under her weight.
It also seems to have a 'suspension' like a car! All in, plus infant carrier on offer, we spent about $800.
It stands on its own after we fold it up too, which is a major space saver. The only caveat is that it takes up 1/2 the car boot space and you'll need to be extra careful when going up the single lane escalators.

For my mum, who looks after my girl now that I'm back at work, we bought the Chicco Simplicity ($299 at Robinsons). Only 5.5kgs! It folds easily (2 steps) and is quite sturdy but not as steady as the Pliko P3 of course. This is a lightweight one and it also stands on its own once folded.

Hope this helps.
PS For diaper bags, I bought the Skip Hop Messenger bag which clips onto both strollers, no problem.

Hi mommies to be,

If you're interested, I'm selling Combi Stroller Miracle Turn TJT-350 orange color in a very good condition since my baby overgrows it. I got it in Feb '09 but only used it frequently since April '09. Now the item is cleaned and packed.

I loved this stroller since it's only 5.8 kg and very packed when it's folded. But my baby is one of those big babies! He reaches 10 kg in his 6th month.

It was bought at Mothercare so it comes with 1 year in house warranty. Usually Combi stroller doesn't have any warranty, so you get a peace of mind here =)

Btw, it's offered at $370 (negotiable). Original price was $498.

Viewing and collection can be done at my place, opposite Yew Tee MRT.

Pls PM me if you're keen. I'll email you the pictures =)

Hello friends.I think you guys are discussing about best stroller and narrowed down 2 best strollers.I have a suggestion for you guys.I have a Icoo baby travel system which I bought from www.icoobaby.co.uk .It includes a Icoo stroller which is lightweight,durable,and gives a smooth ride on roads.Apart from this there are other exciting features which make it to look attractive and stylish.I suggest you to vist them and get your baby a nice stroller.

I'm thinking of getting a Maclaren Techno XT. So far, the places I've asked (Baby Meadows, Spring Maternity, Mothercare and Baby Hypermart) are all selling at $428.
Any idea if I can get a better deal elsewhere? My friend was telling me that she got hers at an Isetan sale - $300 plus. But seems like the sale is over.
sad.gif

I have a used Pilko3 in green for $350.

Come see it at Mommy Exchange
4 Hoot Kiam Road, near Great World City
Wed to Sun 11 am to 5 pm

Hi peeps

I'm selling my Combi Miracle Turn Stroller TJT-350 blue. Only used for 4 months (used only during weekends) and is in very good condition. Original price is $498 and price is negotiable.

Interested parties, pls kindly PM me. Thank you. =)

Hi mummies and mummiew to be,

I had a Capella stroller for sale that can sit from infant to 18kg (forget the model), bought it at Kiddy Palace in Nov 08, still in good condition. Reason for selling: My gal seldom want to sit on a stroller... Letting go at $120, here are some pics...

Please email me @[email protected] if you are keen.
3574506.jpg
3574507.jpg
3574508.jpg
3574509.jpg
3574510.jpg

Hi all,

I am looking for a good stroller with reversible handles. Erm, my boy is already 6 months, but he
s tall and slightly big. He would not fit in his Combi stroller soon. Any recommendation for good bargains..one with reversible handles, 3 wheels, wide and slight longer in length?...Thanks ya!

You might want to check jogging strollers as they have multi functions: to take your LO for a ride and also for jogging. Here's the link of several single jogging strollers: http://jogging-stroller-reviews.net/
fyi, a baby should be at least able to sit unasssisted/has a better neck control before riding on jog-strol.

I have a preloved excellent condition peg perego UNO for sale. Beautiful Red in colour. Reversible handle. Very comfy as it is roomy, good for bigger child and they will not outgrow it easily. Retail for more than $1k. I am letting it go for only $399 because of renovation. Price is firm. Non nego as it really very cheap already. Serious buyer please pm me. Viewing at sengkang. Thanks.

Back