3.5 month old Baby Behavioural Changes

serene8632

Hi Moms out there,

Does your little one has any behavioural changes when he/she hits the 3 month mark, such as frequent cryings, refusal to drink or sleep, lesser blabbers, feeling moody and annoyed, etc? My 3.5 month old girl used to sleep by her own with binky when she was 2 months old, but since last week, there has been some drastic changes to her behaviour.

My baby now fusses a lot, regardless is during feeding or before nap/bed time. She also fusses when seated on the bouncer. Besides, I noticed that she has been rubbing her eyes and face, scratching her head, turning her head here and there. She has the habit to doze off during feedings but is getting out of hand. She does not finish her milk when given her usual amount. She also does not sleep after her last feed which she used to. Now, she sleeps only past midnight and is pretty exhausting for me and my husband.

I no longer see my little one smiling and blabbering to me ever since and I am getting a little worried and upset.

Has anyone encounter such issues before? What can I do to help my baby? Would all these pass soon?

Hi serene,

U taking care ur gal urself? Wat i knw most baby when reaching certain month they dont like milk. The consumtion will be lesser. But juz temp only. Rubbing eyes means she is tired. My gal always do tat when she wan to sleep or getting tired. Tis is common for kids or baby. Maybe ur baby start to get interested on things ard her. My gal is taking care by baby sitter. Im weekend mummy. There is a period my gal refuse me when i bring her back home. I found tat her behaviour can suddenly change. Eg. Today she can cry until whole house upside down, nxt week nothing happen. Seems like we won knw wat will happen nxt. Try to swaddle her, do u use yao lan? Pacifier? I believe all these will pass.

Hi Mommy Poko,

Currently taking care my gal on my own till I return to work next week, then I would deposit her at my mom's home and fetch her home after work. I would usually take note of my gal's cues such as rubbing of eyes, yawning, watery eyes, waving of hands and some fussing, then I put her to bed. Since last week, all these cues no longer are accurate. Whenever I spot these signs I try to put her down to sleep with her binky, but she cries loudly,

I have tried to swaddle but it was worse as my gal would struggle her hands out of the cloth and perspire. I bought a yaolan for her but she does not like it. Alamak! If my gal does not like milk now and won't drink or drinks lesser, would that affect her growth?

Honestly speaking, my gal does not smile anymore... And I don't know what to do to help her. I keep going online to research a lot and tried all methods,nothing seemed to help. Are all these normal for babies from 3 months onwards? When would it get better?

sometimes baby are super "pantang"! cannot let ppl say. my mum is super believe on these as she experience it b4. You have to be supertitious oso. i got a fren her gal fall fever on and off. keeps on crying and even at nite refuse to sleep. c doc oso no use. end up visit temple. miracle is, she recover. maybe your gal kenna shock by something. sometimes, you have to believe on it. my daughter oso there is 1 time refuse to nap. go and ask god, they say she kena shock by something. putting an amulet below her bed, she is better loh.

dont worry abt the milk. its normal. a certain period they will reject milk and did not drink much. let her drink more water.

Pantang because of? I don't recall saying her leh... Hm...

She has one amulet In her pillow already. Or maybe let her eat the jing feng san. Not sure if that helps as my parents warned that bb should not always eat this.

outsider maybe say her this, say her that loh. like my niece, 1day neighbour say he grow fatter liao. immediate, he dun like eat rice oledi. my mum say he can drink whole water bottle at school. next day onwards, he never drink the water at school!

if she really kena shock, better eat some. my mum never say jing feng san got any harmful to baby leh.

erm, i just looked up on jing feng san, its quite harmful tho many parents still feed....

may i suggest you change her teat to next level in case the milk flow too slow for her and she gets frustrated/ tired of sucking and not fast enough to filling her tummy

My gal is using Avent bottles and teat number 2. Tried changing to number 3 (medium flow) as she sucks using a lot of energy and feeling tired, but she cries and chokes herself, ending up switching back to number 2 teat. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

As for the jing feng San, I have also read somewhere that there is one ingredient that is harmful to babies, but can't remember which one. I try not to feed my gal that unless really really need to. I give her the gripe water instead as she often has gassy tummy,

Today, my gal cried till she cant blabber anything out from her mouth, her voice is so coarse... That my husband and I have to pick her up and soothe her at the slightest fuss from her... Poor gal... I feel so upset and guilty..

My gal also! She was a very good sleeper (naps & night, just put to bed when tired) but now refuses to sleep unless rock her in pram... Dunno why. And yes all the sleep cues disappear. eg no longer yawns, etc. Very strange! Put in cot now also will just cry, as if she's afraid and it's foreign.

Also she very cranky. Feed already still whine, tired also whine. Though I make her smile she still got smile but it's different from previously.

Really at a loss...

Haiz... I also at a loss. Now my gal is hitting for 4 months soon, she does not want to sleep even when she is really really tired. She wakes up at 2am plus for a bottle which I am reluctant to give as it is becoming a habit for her. The PD told us that the only way for my gal to sleep through is to train by patting her back to sleep is she wakes up in the middle of the night. However, it makes it harder as my gal co-sleeps with me. Also, the PD mentioned 'Asians always failed to train babies to self-soothe to sleep as we cannot bear hearing babies cry."

Hihi Jasmine

Time flies! My girl has just turned 5 month old. She is alright now, but she is still fighting against bed time. She would cry and cry before bed time and refuse to sleep. Well, what i do is to tell her if she dun behave, she will not be gg for her baby spa, no outings for her, no toys for her etc etc. she seems to know what i am saying and looks at me when i am talking. After that, she would guai guai go to bed. Haiz...

My girl also wakes up at least 1 time in e middle of e nite for a feed and goes back to sleep...

Nap time still not stable. Sometimes sleeps 3 hrs each session, sometimes 1 hr only...

Hi Serene, may I know did u just try talk to her only? My girl is 4mths old now and I am gg thru the forums to see how to help my girl. She has to cry until her voice is hoarse to sleep at night, very pitiful....for both her and me...

does carrying the baby to sleep help? that's what I always do for my 4mths+ son now...if I just put him on bed, he will cry non-stop even though he is tired and sleepy

His milk consumption is also dropping...not sure if it is due to teething or he is sick and tired of milk and wanting to try solid food.

He is no longer drinking as much as before, and his weight growth is stagnating which worries me

Nope, carrying does not help cos once I move a little, she will wake up. Super sensitive. My gal dont drink a lot too, still between 90 to 120ml per feed. however, doc say as long put on weight, is fine. Drop in milk consumption after sudden surge is fine , cos that is growth spurt.

Back