Child care nearby workplace VS Child care nearby home

ibtizaam

Hi Moms,
I would like to gather some feedback from fellow full-time working mothers. Do you prefer to enroll your children near your workplace or home?
What are the pros and cons of it?

I will be a resident at dawson rd soon (near Starthmore ave/Redhill). I am working at Tanjong Pagar.
Which child care centres with infant care are recommended around Dawson and Tanjong Pagar?

Hi ibtizaam
Personally, I would prefer a centre nearer home assuming both centres are of the same 'standard'. So that when you are on MC/ on leave, you don't have to travel so much with your child. But if there's not much difference in the travel time, then choose one that is 'better' ie, recommendations by other parents, environment, quality and attitude of teachers and your child 's preference. You can try searching using this tool here: https://www.childcarelink.gov.sg/ccls/home/ChdCccSrch.jsp
HTH!

I agree that a child care near home makes more logistic sense! My daughter has been going to an infant care centre near my office. But on days I am off from work, I would either have to travel all the way to town to place her at the child care or I would ve to take care of her myself full day - i.e. I can't run errands on my own or do my housework without being disturbed!

Back