Someone in US interested in Shichida/similar methods

I am in the US, and I used Little Reader from Brillkids to teach my now 2 year old to read. He is now learning Spanish and Chinese using the Little Reader software. He is able to read full sentences in English and small early readers in English. The software uses a little of Shichida flashing and Glenn Doman to teach reading and vocabulary development. I didn't use dots to teach math, because I couldn't afford the software. Instead, I just counted his toys for him and played counting videos. He is counting and recognizing numbers up to 100.

I am curious about the Shichida method. I have only got vague descriptions about it, and there seems to be nothing about long lasting results from all the training. I was hoping that maybe someone could share their experience, especially looking back over five or ten years. Better in school? Excellent memory? Is there anything that resulted that you didn't expect to see from the program?

There once was a very large forum with lots of downloadable powerpoints for Shichida flashing that seems to no longer exist. It was a very old forum that was not very active when I first found it. This forum seems very active, so I am hoping to hear from many. Thanks for your time. :)

Back