Twins/Triplets/Multiples Mum to be!

Hi mummies

happy bunny year .. Been very quiet here. Everybody busy with visitings n gatherings ? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I need advice from mummies. My 6 week old boys fusses alot for alomost a week already. He cries n cries for no apparant reason. Can't console him cry till no voice and tears flowing. Feel so heart ache ... Dr says colic take ridwind and apply ru yi oil. I have been doing that but no help. We burp him every 40 ml of milk but he rarely burps. Can burp him for 30 mins without success.

He is drinking much lesser than other twin. He drinks for a while and then cry so badly and refused to continue drinking. I tried swaddle, burping, dim lights at night and massage all no use

haiz dun know what to do. Pls help

Hey Nann! How is your breastfeeding going? How's life after your CL left?

I remember my #1 also cried A LOT in the first 2 months. I remember carrying him for 2 hours at nite before he stopped crying. =( I think it was colic. There's only so much we can do, put ru yu oil and give ridwind etc... I think right, it's a phase that you just have to let the baby go thru.. I remember he got better in the 3rd month.

Now, one of my twins also doesn't sleep well and cries more than the other. I went to Yu Guo (this chinese massage and accupucture place in Kembangan) to try and see if it helps. Heard from many moms that it worked wonders for their babies who have all sorts of problems (colic, sleeping probs etc). Today was his 3rd session... i can't say I see a whole lot of improvement yet, but I guess my mentality was "no harm trying" since it's external treatment. If you're willing, you can give it a shot?

Mummies,

I have delivered my twins on 1 Feb. Girl weighs 2.7kg and boy is 2.2kg, they had to spend 2 nights in special care but by the time I was discharged, both were able to go home with me.

Now, my waking hours are spent constantly latching. Seems like by the time I finsih with one twin, its time for the other one. Sometimes latching one and the other is crying as well, very distracting...how do you girls manage this kind of situation? Just let the other one cry and wait? Get someone to carry and sooth the crying twin?

I really don't know how I am going to cope when CL leaves. I don't trust the maid the handle babies but I think I would have to enlist her help sometimes, no choice.

At night, I am supplementing with FM, CL will feed one twin while I latch the other and then alternate for next feed. This is so I get some decent pockets of sleep in between.

By the way, at 2 weeks, sometimes my twins can down 60ml of FM - is that too much?

nann,

Could your boy suffer from reflux? My #1 used to have it when he was younger. Drinking lesser and lesser milk, cries after drinkg a little and refuse to drink anymore. PD said he had reflux.

He was prescribed some medication but I found them not too helpful.They have to sleep at an incline angle, it helps them to keep the milk down.

Maybe you want to bring him to PD and describe symptoms to him?

L,

How old are your twins now? What's your daytime routine like? Can share?

You have a helper too right? Do you use her to help you with babies or you manage on your own?

Annika,

I latch both of them together using twins nursing pillow. It saves time for me to rest. Did not supplement with Formula. As I was advised by lactation nurse when I was in hospital that if supplement with FM, BM supply will be affected.

Hey Annika,

My twins are 4.5 mths old now. Sad to say, my twins' routine are not as good as my #1. It seems very very hard to have a consistent routine with them. =( But to share, here's roughly what it's like...

They are on 3 hrly feeding schedule even till now. Some days they start at 6 am, some days at 7 am. Ideal is 7 am... Aiming for 3 naps a day, first one around 9.30am or so, 2nd ard 12.30 or so and 3rd one ard 4.30-5 pm... but sometimes they end up with 4 naps still. I do a dream feed at 12 midnite, and they wake up at ard 4-5am for next feed.

Pinky probably has a better routine than I do.. maybe u can ask her to share with u.. =)

I definitely enlisted the help of my helper. There is just no way to cope all by myself, esp I still have #1 running ard at home. I do trust my helper so it's been a blessing to have her help at home. My in laws also come by in the evenings to help with dinner and all...

L,

my twins naptimes are around the same as urs. I don't do dream feeds though. My girl twin is already sleeping through the night but my boy still wakes up almost every 3 hours every night. I didn't do much about it to try and extend the timing cause we think his frequent getting ups were due to the itching of his eczema.

These few days his eczema seems to be feeling better, so I am hoping he can stretch his sleep. Otherwise I have to do the painful sleep training by letting him cry it out.

It's really tough to handle 3 kids without a helper. I have no tips on that for now cause sometimes I find myself struggling too hahaha

Hello mummies!

Everyone's super busy with our babies? Hope all of you are coping well. For myself, it's like a roller-coaster journey... ups and downs! Some days, I feel like everything's going well but on other days, I feel like my life sucks! Big time! But one thing is for sure, it definitely gets better and better [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so for all who's struggling (which includes myself), there's hope! In no time, you'll be celebrating your babies' first birthday. My girls' 1st birthday is coming up in around 2 mths time.. time flies! So hang in there!!!

Hi for Mummies having tiwns

Can you advise if you have engaged any confinement lady to help out ?

How much in general do they charge for their service? I'm checking on behalf of my friend

cheaper milk source for mummies with twins!

sg source..COD!

all sg source from the clinic..

COD..

stage 1 milk available too!

Thanks

Milkmilksupply

http://www.babyandmilksupply.blogspot.com/

Facebook: [email protected] (add me to ur FB)

Order form:

Name:

Contact number:

Email address:

Milk Type(Weight)/No. of tins (eg:Enfalac A+(900g)/13 tins):

Delivery address(if applicable) ($7 per delivery):

Collection points:

1. Clementi West Street 1 Blk 606 (near to West Coast plaza)

2. Jurong West Ave 5, Blk 723 (after 3pm)

3. Hougang St 92, Blk 941 Loading Bay (Appointment only - sat morning 945am / 1115am)

Once we received your orders, we will advise you on the delivery/collection date&time.

Hello Sisters,

Anybody looking out to buy a twin stroller?

I want to sell my MacLaren Twin Techno Pram which is around 2 and 1/2 yrs old and very rarely used.It comes along with all accessories.Price is SGD400(negotiable).If interested pls mail to [email protected]

Hi ALl

I've 2 authentic GYMBOREE jackets to let go, preloved. Very good condition & well taken care. PM me for details. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/7159133.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/7159134.jpg]

Back