Dr Phyliis Liauw or Dr Caroline Khi - TMC or any good Female Gynae

tsk

Hi, just found out i'm pregnant. Wonder if anyone has any comment on Dr Phyliis Liauw or Dr Caroline Khi from TMC? I'm looking for female gynae from TMC

Hi tsk

My gynae is Dr Geraldine Tan from TMC Katong.

I just deliver my boy on 24th Apr 09.

She is caring and friendly always with a smiling face.

She encourages me to go for normal delivery and her stitching skill is wonderful too.

Good luck to you!

Hi Mickymouse,

Dr Yvonne Chan is fully booked!

Hi Andrea

Thanks. but Is too far from my place.

Anyone have any comments about Dr Sim Lee Ngor and her stitching skill?

hi,

i delivered via c-sect in Mar by dr yvonne chan. i must say she is a very good gynae, attentive yet not overly so. her stitching skills indeed are very excellent. i could come down from the bed on the second day aft my op and the scar from my c-sect is not obvious at all and healed very well.

i would highly recommend dr yvonne chan.. no wonder she is fully booked now.

I will also recommend Dr Yvonne Chan. Both my first 2 kids were delivered by her. Going to her for my 3rd kid too who will be due in Mar 09.

hi my gynae id Dr caroline khi from TMC.. Yes she is excellent , Should go for her .. Very gentle lady and patient

pls take all advice with a pinch of salt...gentle n patient is important but so does experience.....experience is very important...pls put experience above gentle and patient..dun wana quote gynae name here.

I just delivered my baby but having alot of post natal issues due to her inexperience work! Hence I have switch to Gleneagle gynae! I would like to advise MTB to get the right gynae for ur safe delivery [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sweet and patient does not means experience...

hi, i m seeing Dr Khi now...could you share with me....cos if its her, i might want to change gynae....

Hi ladies who want to know about Dr Caroline Khi. My baby was delivered by her. Yes, Blurmom is right. Sweet & patient is not what you should be looking for. Experience is much more important than anything in regards to have smooth delivery. She recommended induction because baby was getting large. FYI, don't worry about size of your baby, NEVER go for induction cuz it is to THEIR convenience, not yours as they put it. If the 1st tablet didn't work and you didn't dilate by the centimeter, you won't dilate even with another 3. My baby was entangled for an hour & her heartbeat dropped then the nurses called her in the morning (probably after a hearty breakfast!). Nurses at Thomson are THE EXPERTS. Go for senior gynaes be it whether it has to be a male. Khi didn't even believe me when I had post natal depression nor assist me any further. It's like she draws her line of duty at your last check up after delivery. My daughter had ever since freak out from being buckled on stroller!! Trust me, don't go for her.

Hi Lexnchris, We almost have the same turmoil induce experience! I had countless breakdown right after delivering my boy. Yes I agree that induction is to suit their convenience. Well, yours is Hearty BREAKFAST whereas mine is LUNCHEON! I was ask to start pushing at 12pm where baby was delivered after lunch (which is close to 3pm)! Sad to say that I was in 28hours of labour and my boy had almost half the face bruised due to forcep. Not only that, I would like to add on that my bladder is loose due to it too!

Yup pls go for experienced gynae.. I didnt recover from my delivery till almost 5mths.. The 1st 3 mths were the most horrible! Had depression.. N same as blurmom my baby's face esp her nose was bruised horribly.. Heng nv break the nose.. Her forceps skills r terrible! N i suspect she purposely broke my waterbag when checking for dilation at 37 wks as she will not be around for the nxt few days.

Yap, yykk, you better change gynae. If only we knew how to come in here to ask! tsk, you're smart. My heart goes out to you ladies, I was almost admitted to IMH too. I had a lousy confinement lady. Sigh.. don't beat up yourselves for being unwise though, we have to be careful not to spoil our child just because they had horrible birth experience. My gal is already spoilt & uncontrollable now! Found out from web there's this chemical contained in induction tablets that causes them to result in aggitation for the slightest things! Let's just move on and get over these horrible gynaes. I strongly urge for everyone to make their name known of their lousy skills!!

hi everyone

my doc is dr khi and yes i agreed with everyne she is gentle and patience. and she delivered my boy successfully. although i had induction not once but thrice, so far i went thru the delivery smooth and safe under her. i think in words of fairness, we have to judge on the situation then.

i chose her because i feel that i am comfortable and able to relate to her. and becos mine is normal delivery with no complications to start out with, i think her skill is fair enough to ensure i deliver safely. but if you have mild complications or have some problems along, i suggest better switch to a more experience gynae.

im not here to judge or to favour her either. i was diagnose with fibroids, cyst and endometrosis by her prior to me being conceived and she suggest i have to go surgery by C cut to remove all these so i can conceive. but i do not wish to go by C cut as the recovery time is about 6mths before i can try to conceive, so i go ard in TMC to search for better doc until i find another gynae who is far more experience than her and able to perform key hole sugery with just 3 mths of recovery and less complication. thus i go ahead wif this new gyane. and after 4 mths later, i conceive with the help of this new gyane but then i wentback to dr khi as my gyane to deliver my boy.

cos my gyane is a guy whom he is also very nice, gentle and good but its just a preference that i like to haev a female gyane and since there is no serious complications or major illness that i have so i opt for dr khi.

so i think that if any signs of complications perhaps go for better gyane but if like me, with no any serious issues or complications, dr khi is fair enough.

just my 2 cent worth.

Dr Khi is beginning to show her pattern... 1st she tell me my baby is big so need to induce on the 10th and was told to it within 1 wk from that date...else i will need C sect and hb and myself decided not to induce but go for C sect instead and so we got shifu to choose the date...and guess what when i told her the date which is within the 1 week time frame but not her preferred 10th now she come tell me need to be earlier cos my last visit my BP seem abit high... but she din do anything back then and i dun have pre-eclampsia yet ..why didnt she tell me earlier... seem to me she is trying to find a date to her convenience cos the date i choose is eve of a PH ... we are quite pissed off...going to see her this coming appt and see what other excuse she give... if the excuse are not valid ie danger to both myself and BB ... i will go seek 2nd option and change gynae if necessary..i am willing to forgo the deposit which i have paid

I am seeing Dr Khi now for my 2nd child. I can only share from my own experience. My hubby wanted a female gynae and she was recommended by a friend. She was not our 1st choice but after meeting her, we decided to stick to her because of her gentle and sweet demeanour. As first-time parents, we need the assurance we can get from our gynae and she fitted the bill - willing to answer our questions, very patient, friendly, etc. However, when my child was due, she proposed for induction saying there is a risk if we waited full term. Also, the baby will be very big if we waited. Not knowing any better, we agreed. Our baby was around 2.7kg when delivered via a 18-hour labour. On hindsight, we should not have agreed to induction.

This time round, we stick to her again as the gynaes we wanted were fully booked again. Dr Khi is gentle and polite as usual but I find that she is not focused during consultation. You feel that her mind is somewhere else. Prior to each visit, I have to make a checklist of things to ask else she will only do the basic checks. She does not offer additional advice. I suppose if you have a straight forward pregnancy, you can consider her. I just hope she will not peddle induction again this time round. It is true, a lot of gynaes esp in private practice will propose induction to suit their convenience.

Yvonne Chan and Joycelyn Wong are 2 good popular docs, booked way in advance. For those who might want to consider female gynaes in TMC.

I am seeing Dr Caroline Khi for both my #1 and #2. We were comfortable with her as she seems patient and willing to spend time to talk to us. Not so business-like as some other gynaes. I also had to induce my boy but not because he is getting too big but because he is not growing well so she said better to get him out so that he can get the nutrients he need outside. In any case, I am already 38 weeks. It made sense to me.

I have no problems with her stitches though. The nurses even commended that the stitches were very well done.

But like what Jelly said, my first pregnancy is fairly straight-forward. Hopefully this one will be too *fingers crossed*.

Back