(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

sis> wah lau super tiring lor..last weekend..zzz

friday night already started to 'FAST'..13hrs straight never drink milk..from 10pm till next morning 11am..

afternoon drink 50ml..then called to check if MIL at home..but she wasnt home..and wife suggested to bring him back to see if he's really choosing location to drink..and yes..he finished off 300ml at MIL's place..then MIL reached home..left him there for the rest of the day (drank & eat as per normal) until next morning then we brought him home again..then he chut pattern again..bo bian..brought him back to MIL's place..and he started drinking..

T_T

Hi,

I have the following balloons:

1 cupcake shaped balloon measuring 26" x 21",

2 round, double-sided balloons measuring 18",

2 square, double-sided balloons measuring 18".

1 First Birthday Princess Balloon 28"

Ballons were used once during my daughter's 1st birthday that just past.

Condition: 8/10

Balloons are fully deflated so only require helium and ribbons.

Selling all at S$23 (including postage).

Free: 18 pieces of First Birthday Princess plates 18" (unopened)

Links for reference:

http://www.partycity.com/product/sweet+little+cupcake+girl+balloon+bouquet+5ct.do?sortby=ourPicks&pp=60&size=all&navSet=169833

http://www.partycity.com/product/1st+birthday+princess+balloon+28in.do?sortby=ourPicks&pp=60&size=all&navSet=169833

http://www.partycity.com/product/princess+1st+birthday+party+supplies.do?sortby=ourPicks&pp=60&size=all&navSet=169829

Pls PM me to liaise. Thanks!

caris> *faint* i dont even understand why is this happening sia.. 1st time i hear got babies choose location to feed one... think next time he will choose bed to sleep...zzz

Ian, Ivan has weird habits too. Must sit high chair, otherwise he won't take his porridge. We had to transport thehigh chair from our place to my mum's place last weekend lor... HEHEHE..

Ann,

Ah.. must feed with water. Isaac loves banana and we didnt dare give to him for fear of constipation. I instructed my maid to give him more water and my maid fed him so much yday that he kept wetting his diaper. Maids... Arrrggghhhh.. sometimes, you wonder what is in their head.

emma,

My mum put in meat and vege to make his porridge. It smells really yummy but tasteless (as in not sweet/ salty) and have to coax Isaac to eat. So I was thinking if we should start adding salt to get him eating. We have no problem with bread and biscuits bcos they all have taste. -.o"

Isaac has baby ezcema, so we are worried that he will be allegric, so putting off yogurt until after he turns one.

Shin,

I only potty train DD when she turns 2.5 YO. And it is pretty easy by then bcos they start to understand. Not intending to train Isaac any earlier. But I guess if you search for potty training, there will so many, many articles on how to start.

Princess,

Ya lor. I was really overjoyed. In the morning, my mum and I got upset with each other bcos of Isaac's constipation.

Lots of trial & error now and we still duno why he is constipated.

caris> at least ivan not so bad la..high chair can always buy another one ma..my xavier feeding location how to buy?!

Ian ...

He wants a didi or mei mei lar ... give you and your sweetheart time to ahemm ahemmm

TREASURE IT!!

Hahahaha

Ok jokes aside ... is there something that he is very used to at your MIL place or he likes or he has associated eating with your MIL place? But my theory is that they will eat and drink when hungry lor .. if not go overseas and go restaurant how ...

Zuen:

For Kayden's porridge, I add in grind ikan bilis and bovril. Think both helps to give a bit of saltiness ba. What kind of vegetables or meat do u add in? Mb try those that are naturally sweet liked carrots or pumpkin?

Ian,

Really headache hor. That Xavier only wanna drink at ur MIL place. But I agree with seabreeze, if they are hungry enough sld drink la.

Arrgghhh... Isaac downwith fever for no reason!

No running nose, no cough, no sore throat, no ear infection. Even e GP is puzzled. Gave us paracetamol n bufen to bring home. Why like that?

Hi all

Not much improvement for Daryl's cough. In fact it was esp bad during the night. In day, he hardly cough. Today we brought him to see Chinese doc. HOpefully he will be beta.

hee now my mom and BIL are also down with cough [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] strong virus lei ...

Potty training - My mom has started potty training for Daryl (for poo only). This is what she teach me to do - when Daryl makes his poo-ing facial expression, we quickly carry him to the potty. sometimes he will still poo in his diaper as I too slow. Now as I carry him I tell him "wait, wait, wait . ... ok". hee at times it works.

Not started for pee training as he dont know how to talk at all. I just dont know when he pees.

Zuen, i add bit bit of light soy sauce + ikan bilis powder to porridge.

Ian, Perhaps you can consider bring him home more often during the week to avoid the choose sleeping location problem. he is just too used to MIL environment.

Good morning Mommies and Ian

Bro

Hahahah...u better bring him home more often!OTw u will suffer next time..NEver let the child to manipulate you!that's what i believe in!Good lucksssssssss!!!LOL

He is very smart!!!

Zuen

hope isaac REcover soon...hope its just one of thing..he'll recover after a day of meds....

Shin

YOu can start Aedan a Time to poo!

like when morning noon and nite...set these 3 timing and bring him to the potty!And each time he is on his potty,help him by making the poo poo sound and face..doesnt matter if her poo or not!there will be occasions where he'll poo in his diaper w/o you knowing!That's fine to MissQ[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Constantly bring him to the potty at these set timing(preferably after nap/meal).

It's rather difficult to explained to them "you cannot poo in your diaper" at such age.

My girls has got timing to poo!!wahahhahaha.......not that im crazy over giving them a schedule...but now its a bliss and i can get ready each time b4 bath in the morning(0930hrs) and b4 before her dinner (1730hrs)!I don't bring her to the potty,because im lazy..i felt that its easier to reasons and explained to them when they are older...

Jade is fully toilet trained when she was about 23mths old..

She started potty training at 5mths old...fell sick and we dropped the idea then started again and it was sort of successful but had a problem with her cos she refused to poo when she was out with us...and whn traveling ..she constipated...hahahha...THAT's JADE's case...and a relatives asked us to put a potty in the car which i found it totally absurd!

So we just asked her to POO IN YOUR DIAPER AND ITS OKAY!!hahaha...damn tiring!

JAde and i are always out ..i gave up the idea of potty training..she went straight to toilet training!

Will do the same to meghan too!

THis is my point of view of potty training,im sure mommies have other ways and methods to it!

JIA YOU to you and AEdan too!!

Metta,

I tot of ikan bills too. Isaac developed hives when we 1st gave him, so we r waiting for 1 yo. Suddey realized that Isaac is so ma fan. Lol.

Maybe teething, his gum seek itchy. Will teething cause high fever? He measured 38.8 at clinic. He didn't have fever when he grow his other 8 teeth.

Zuen, so the next tooth to come out is a molar? Teething of molars could cause fever.

can isaac take dry scallop soup? It will make the porridge tasty. Or how about melting some cheese into the porridge, to give more flavour?

jas> this happened like just last week?! we can tell that he's super hungry liao..but he simply refused to drink lor..suck a few times, then push away the bottle~

sis/metta> hard la..i dont drive..and i need to leave home super early for work..same applies to my wife..hardly any time to bring him over to MIL's place in the morning~ can only bring him back on friday nights..and spend weekend with him~

haiz,see wat happens this week..

Ian: jus a suggestion, how about getting ur mil to try staying over ur place for a couple of days with Xavier and see what happens?

thanks to all mummies for sharing abt potty training..

princess

aedan does have a timing for poo poo also.. that's when he finishes his lunch/dinner.. so i started bringing him to his potty.. the moment i put him down he cry! cos he scared~ wahahaha it's really funny lah.. until he didnt wanna poo the whole day! looks like i need to do very slowly for potty training.. heehee... he already has his fixed timings for poo poo. i just wanted to bring to next level by trying out potty.. but the way he fusses and cried made me laugh *sadistic mum* HAHAHA.. will keep trying though [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] otherwise just skip.. and go to toilet training when older.. heehee

Good morning mommies and Ian[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bro

how like dat?Let him cry lar...and like what some mommies said...hungry sure drink wan!U cannot be sending him back to ur MIL's place \just for his meals...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shin

Hahahah...What about PLaying AGENT OSO during potty time?heehee

my sec sch classmate recently opened a shop selling mobile phone/accessories,if any mummies need to grab a new set of handphone..feel free to drop me a PM for quote. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi mummies,

would like to check if any of you have good contacts for window grill installation (i'm still childproofing the house, yikes!). I asked for a quotation from aluminum wrought sometime back, and they quoted me more than $2000 for the whole house, including kitchen, yard, and sliding door to balcony. Didn't seem very reasonable to me.

Helping seabreeze compiling the list from fb

1st Bday Bash for Sep/Oct Babies

Date: 8 Oct (Sat)

Time: 12pm to 2.30pm

Venue: Gymboree @ Tanglin

Cost: $40-$50 per baby

Include: Gym lesson at Gymboree, Bday Cake and goodie bag

Min: 10 babies Max: 25 babies

1. Seabreeze

2. Shin

3. Princess

4. ZuEn

5. Snoppy

6. Caris

7. Tiffy

8. Teoong

9. Bibizai

10. groovy2009

11. Chubby2

12. Shireen

13. Claudia

Emma,

I asked from a friend to install new window grill, abt 300 for 1 window. So if u have so many windows can b up to 2k?? Hehe. I dunno also. Can pm u my hb's friend contact.

Emma,

I just had my window grills and sliding door to kitchen installed for 1100. Mine all half length, total 8 panels.

will pm u the contact. Can call them up for free quotation.

Zuen, how about add a bit of pepper? I have been doing that for quite some time till it became a routine :p teething may cause fever although it may not apply to every child.

Ian, hope this weekend Xavier will eat at your place. Its friday tomorrow again. He will back at your place soon. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

emma

i just did mine recently.. whole house (5-rm flat) for less than $900.. if u interested i can go find the contact [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] the installation and service not bad!

dear chubby2, bibizai and SHin,

tks tks for the conatacts!! Think i nearly kena "chopped"...... better go and sort it out quickly, ethan is starting to climb on the sofa and chairs...

Ian,

good luck! Xavier's a smart boy! He knows how to outwit, out manipulate, and outlast his parents....be careful yah? Otherwise it may translate into other areas lor.... One suggestion - maybe try offering something that he really likes to eat only at your place - i.e. don't make it available at your MIL's place.

Ladies

wouldn't be able to join in for the birthday bash. The nap monster strikes at 1 pm!

just realized after emma said, the birthday bash is Josie's nap time too.. She used to take a nap around 11 to 2 recently.. Sometimes can be 2 hours, sometimes can be 3 hours.. huehehe.. Hopefully she will wake up on the day! Dunno how to change this habit. Even when we go out, she'll still take a nap on those time. hahaha.. Last time we bring her to watch movie at 11 and she sleep all the way. Other time she sleep at 10, wake up at 11, and sleep again at 12.30 :p

Metta,

Pepper? Not spicy meh? I tot pple add salt or soya sauce for flavoring?

Emma,

I did my grills, 5 room flat for < $900 also.

emma> until now he only loves milk, besides porridge..dats about it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

shall see wat happens tonight..

Hi all mummies.

Gynae say my #2 heartbeat is back to normal again. Next appt is 2 weeks later.

Thanks a lot for your prayers.

ZuEn, just a bit bit for favour. Will not be so spicy. If spicy he will cry.

Ian, your wife can try copy your MIL style in feeding. hopefully it works [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Groovy, so lucky of you. How i wish Daryl can nap the same way as Josie. Nowadays he doesn't sleep when out. He will endure till eyes cannot open then sleep!

Ian, hope that Xavier has been guai guai this weekend and drinks his milk. i just had mini battle with Ethan this morning, think he is cutting out his 10.30am feed. Will let him do as he pleases from tomorrow. Maybe I'll serve him strawberries and fresh whipped cream tomorrow at this feed. He's now down to less than 500 ml of milk a day! Less than half the 1L he was drinking before starting solids. *Shrug*, boh pian.

Groovy, it's so good that Josie can nap easily outside. My boy can only sleep in his own cot. And when he is tired, he will cry and scream, wouldn't just fall asleep quietly. So we always need to rush back within 2 hours of going out so he can nap.

hi Ian,

My MIL has very good way with both my kids, especially feeding. When she feeds, Darius eats a lot but when i feed, will take a long time. So what I do is I observe how she coaxes and feeds. Same goes for changing clothes and bathing etc. Distraction is a good method I learnt from my MIL. Let your baby play with things, talk to him, sing song etc. Hope it helps

Toilet Training:

I only toilet train my #1 after he turns 22 months. took about 4 - 5 months to train him. Mummies who have successfully train your precious earlier, please share your tips.

My #1 and #2 have been taking turns to fall sick. I am going crazy !!! think i am falling sick soon

Shireen,

Hope Leroy n Darius get well soon. U take care too.

Groovy,

So good that Josie can sleep well both at hm n outside. Kayden can't sleep well outside. The most 1/2 hr wake up already. Even at hm also same. Gt to either carry or pat him bk to sleep. Dunno y he just can't sleep a long stretch.

Mummies,

I'm going to send kayden to infant care n returning to work in October already. Really hope he can adapt well n can sleep n eat well there. Mummies who hv babies in infant care, how is it? I hv been rather worried n kept thinking abt it lor. Worried that he can't sleep n the teachers dun care n even he sleep a while wake up they just let it be. N whether he'll eat anot. Really hope all goes well.

morning mummies~~

emma> luckily he didnt chut pattern over the weekend..but he's down with flu/cough..

shireen> yeah xavier's already too used to all these kind of distractions..he need to hold something in his hands & watch tv/video during feed all these while.

and when all these distractions fail to work..it's very frustrating~

Hi, I am selling away the Haenim play yard to clear space

1) 6 panels Haenim Normal Play Yards (Blue and Red design) to let go at $65*

Consist of the following :

• 1 Activity (Normal) panel

• 2 Doors

• 3 Plain panels

Condition is 6.5/10

* Buyer may want to buy replacement parts+:

• Suction pads (A few have dropped off due to wear and tear )

• Bear stickers (Decorative purposes only, buyer can leave out if there is a budget) Optional

• Mirror sticker (Not reflective, buyer can leave out if there is a budget) Optional

Self collect. Interested buyers may email to [email protected] for viewing.

+Replacement parts can be purchased from SMH Bulk purchase spree:

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5360294.html

Hi mummies n Ian!

Anyone know of a gd reliable confinement caterer? This round confinement hv to get caterer le. My mil already complaining that 2 kids very difficult to take care of n my number 2 isn't even out yet. Plus my mil dunno how to cook confinement food.

I'm on 10 days hospitalisation leave for bed rest. Got low lying placenta n had some bleeding n pain. Now on meds to prevent preterm labour.. Sad thing is I can't get any bed rest while taking care of my boy. My mil is taking e opportunity that I'm at home to go out almost every day... N hb also dun really bother. So tired. Feeling abit down that no one is really concerned abt me or number 2...

Good afternoon ladies and IAn[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Must show him who's the boss!!hahaha....

hoep he gets well soon![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Stella

HUGSSSS!!!!Your MIL knows why you are at home??????

TRY to talk to your hb about this...your HL just started??Don't carry Logan...try to have your daily activities with him on the mattress n withing the room so that u can have less movements!

Tell ur MIL,at least settle LOgan first(meal n nap) before she goes out la.....why she like dat???!!

Princess d n Emma:

Yeah my mil knows why I'm home coz hb called her from e hospital emergency Rm. Already 5 days of hl. The day aft I got my hl she already went out but hb was hm la. Unfortunately hb also can't really take care of bb so end up whole day I'm running ard doing chores, preparing his meals, feeding, getting him to nap... Over e weekend when my mil went out I had to ask a friend to come help me for the evening. My mil usually goes out ard 5 plus during weekdays but whole day usually I take care of Logan. She helps to bathe him daily. feed n give him naps if she has nothing else to do.

Emma thanks for the table. But iPhone n iPad can't open so gotta wait til I get e opportunity to turn on my lappie. Yeah I agree on natal essentials repeating menu. Seems quite sian. But ally of ppl told me it's not bad n portions are big. Was considering chilli padi as well but dunno if it's good.

Hihi mummies n Ian,

Good afternoon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Happy mooncake festival to all of u

Ian,

Jaren been many mths back have to use things to distract him in order for him to finish his milk. And the things cannot b repeated in 1 milk feed. Then 1 bottle of milk have to pause for 3 times in order to finish up the milk. Think Xavier n Jaren can fight liao.

Stella,

It is best to let ur hb talk to ur mil abt staying at hm take care of Logan cos it no joke on low placenta n u having pain too. Do rest more n pls take care

Shireen,

Take care. Must be a nightmare.

I hate it when they pass the viruses around. Isaac just recovered from a bout of fever and hives! Doctor suspect viral fever. And we are still on the constant battle with the constipation monster.

Stella,

It must be really hard on you. The tigers are really active now. I get tired chasing Isaac when I am home with him for a couple of hours and I am not even preggy. Cannot manipulate MIL but must make hb help. Hugss...

Tiffy, Ian,

We have to bluff Isaac to open his golden mouth with bread or biscuit then shove the spoonful or porridge or pureed fruits in. He can rarely finish his botlle of milk too and my mum has to spoon feed him his milk. Then again, Isaac doesnt really like his bottle bcos he was a breastfed baby and I am still latching him 2x a day.

Have you all try spoon feeding or sippy cup?

Back