2010 Current Confinement Rates

Transfer of CL booking - June 2010

Hi everyone... Apologies for interrupting - I've placed a $300 deposit for a CL for June 2010. She charges $2000. But my mom has offered to help me to minimise our cost. Anyone wants to take over, please PM me. Many thanks!

Hi Frogprincess

Is she from Malaysia? Can she do it in July instead? and she is stay over kind or just for the day?

Hi,

I'm wondering about ang pao market rate too. My CL charges relatively high judging from this thread. S$2,100.

She also expects ang pao at beginning and end of confinement. BDreamz mentioned S$100 ang pao... Does it mean that market rate is S$100 at beginning and S$100 at end? (total of S$200)?

Wouldn't want to give too much, but also don't want to give too little such that we start on an unhappy note...

Thanks for the advices in advance!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Mummy,

i only give my CL $28 to start work and $20 to end work.

Initially think of giving her more on the last day, but she didnt do a good job. my kitchen is very very dirty, bb stomach a lot of wind, and etc. so only give $20.

Hi,

please be careful of this nanny from bliss confinement- Aunty Mei.

she stole stuff from us and lazy to cook. please look out.

hi pinpanter : My nanny is also called aunty mei or aunty may leh! But i got her directly..not thru agency. I juz called her few days back to remind her abt my upcoming delivery at her current client's place in singapore. When did u have yr confinement with her? I really hope its not the same one whom i ve booked!

Hi all.. my mum is a confinement lady. Modern and english speaking. She is fanatistic in cooking confinement food. She knows how to cooks the "hong zhao" aka red wine chicken soup or noodle and other confinement food.

* Hakka also have HOng zhao. But i personally think hockchew style nicer.

But nowadays dun have difference in dialect la.. everyone wants red rice wine to cook confinement food..

Anyway, my granny makes the red wine so no need to headache where to find red wine for her to cook for u.

The only thing is .. she dun stay overnite. AND she is a SIngaporean. For those who wan overnight one u can ask her.. negotiate with her.. but most of the time she does not stay overnight.

She was on Strait Times Sunday Times for the confinement nanny last year end. Her cooking skills are good I would say and she is experienced.

If interested.. leave me a PM and I will forward ur numbers to her.. or u can sms her @ 8189 3393.

u all no need to pay levy and all for those looking for confinement nanny.. she is singaporean. She does overseas assignments too.. she has been to different parts of the US.

P.S. I dun earn any commission.. but she is knowledgeable and experience .. she does my confinement too of cos 

Hi to all, i am looking for CL.My edd date is 2011 feb will hit CNY can anyone recommend me a gd and responsible CL. really appreciate that [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Need some advice. I have booked a CL for my EDD 18 Nov. This CL has an earlier assignment in early Oct. So if everything go as planned, she shld b able to make it for me. But I am still worry as this is my 1st and both my mum and in-laws can't help me (they are taking care of my nephews and nieces).

Shld I book another CL and instd? Or cn I book anothr CL and if this current CL cn mak it, thn I cancel the latter one? Can I do tat? I am so confuse now. :-(

hi christine,

I am due coming July 2010... also have the same situation as you when i book my CL.. she got a mummy due 8th June.. although i am due 27th Jul, but this is my 3rd child liao.. so could be earlier lor... and both my mum and MIL working...can;t help me...

Usually they are professional enough to confirm if they think can really make the committment, afterall they go by word of mouth ma...

Cos you are having your first bb, most prob in normal cases won;t be too early give birth...unless you have some arrangements you considering to deliver early. Like c-section. Do tell her your intentions.

You can ask her the exact EDD date of that previous oct mummy... then ask the CL if that mummy is c-section scheduled or will go by natural and this one is her number what bb... usually they will do 28 days confinement..so from there you can argar estimate if she can really make it or not

Since you have not make any deposits, you have the right to still keep a lookout for someone else to do confinement for you. KS a bit la.. when nearer to date, she call you to pay for deposit, if you still feel unsafe, just reject her lor...^_^

HI all, I need some advice. The confinement nanny that I am thinking of getting says I need to apply for her work permit and this would cost $170+$10. Is this the same case with all of u?

HPC, i engaged my CL directly; indo-chinese but not told of the work permit.. i guess it is really upto individual.. some can just come over under visitation purposes...

Hi JoKris, tks for your input. I will check with mine again. Maybe she is the kind who would go through all the legal stuff properly. But if I can save that up, I'll be happy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

coolqoo>>

Normally whn will the CL ask for the deposit? So it is ok to call anothrr CL nw to reserve her n thn whn thy ask mi to pay deposit thn I decide?

Okie, to share my story of CL lady... I booked one referred CL, interviewed n paid deposit.

Then she called me 2 wks b4 my EDD, said cant make it so she referred her fren whom she said as gd n experience...

The day I discharged frm hospital, this CL wanted us to fetch her to my place assuming we should hav a maid n car based on our mentioned residential address...

Then we had the arrival of this Tai Tai with full geared of jewelries,flashy make up whom then take a look at my kitchen and started critising on the wine, the ginger, sesime oil all not right, she insisted to buy again.

The way she handle my infant also not gengle.

Then come the interesting part she told me she will only worked 14 days instead of 28 days!

Then I beh tahan I just asked her to leave, my MIL did my confinement eventually...

Okie, she insisted I have to giv her ang pow as well b4 leaving. I lost my deposit n ang pow...

Christine>> i paid my deposit when i met her in end april when she is in Singappore...

think no hard and fast rule on when you should pay your deposit.. the CL will arrange with you when she is in Singapore so that she won;t make a special trip down just to collect your deposit...

Suggest you drag a bit la.. but dun let her know you looking for another one...but dun drag too long also.. wait the CL also quite difficult to get another customer if you last min backout

BTW, i called my CL yesterday... my CL completed her assignment with the jUne mummy liao...so she is free now and waiting for my turn in july.. so just nice...

cc2008>>omg... actually think we should be weary for referred CL by another CL...before i confirmed my this CL, i called a number of recommended CL which i got the contact from this forum, then one FAMOUS one say she can;t do for me but got a very experience friend who can.. then she ask her friend to call me.. then i started to qustion that auntie and eventually she said she never come to singaproe before and ask me to bank transfer the deposit to her cos she can't meet me in person and do no wanna make a special trip out to singaproe to meet me(think she stay near KL).. everything she claims she knows but doesn;t sound right... how would i know the person is really her when the time comes...when i never even see her before...although that time i am despritely looking for a CL but still dun feel comfortable with this arrangement.. so after discussing with hubby, i turn her down lor.. also tell her friend that I am not comfy with the arrangement..

also.. the number of CL that i talked to also got ask whether i got maid or not.. cos i am expecting my 3rd child.. so they will say better for me to have maid at home... when they heard i dun have maid then their tone also change lor...

then i tell them i dun need them to take care of my number 1 and 2.. just me and the newborn will do.. but still some wanna charge me a few hundred dollars more saying just in case need to cook for the 2 young ones and more chores..

but the fact is my number 1 already in full day childcare liao. and she will be staying in my MIL place... my number 2 also taken care by my mum for whole day and my hubby will only fetch her back at night to sleep lor... and hubby will look after number 2..

so after looking and talking to many recommended CL.. finally settled for this one lor.. hope she turns out fine...will update this forum after my confinement if she is good. ^_~

for ang bao...

I will give her SGD28 on her first day when she step into my house.. this one i think necessary cos i respect that she will do what she is suppose to do... kai gong da ji also...

End of assignment ang pow: based on her performance looking after me and my bb.. will use SGD28 as a base to access.. if she is really good, i will give SGD48..

If no good, I will give SGD18.. if average(some good some bad) I will stick tto the inital SGD28

think no need to give too much for angpow as it is really a token to symbolise a ji li...anyway, she is not working FOC for me ma.. i stil pay her full some de... also she live in with me use my electricity, water and eat my food too..

Dear mommies....

this morning ive received a phone call frm my confinement nanny that she cant help me to do as one of her family member have stroke.But im due anytime...I need to find a confinement nanny asap as my mother in law n my mum does not knw how to do...im at total lost..Anyone have any suggestions??? thanks..

Michelle,

Why dont you try to engage services from confinement agency due to yr urgency? I guess that will be a more secure choice for you.

We paid $2k from M'sia. cooked for me & my family seperately. washed baby's & my clothes. pro-breastfeeding. worked for doctor before so has good knowledge (breastfeeding & care for baby). Flexible in traditional practices, will advice but not insistent. whenever baby playing on her own or napping, she will prepare for "the next thing" e.g put water in kettle & start boiling when baby wakes to bath, prepare my confinement bath & add hot water later, cut & fry ginger, pack herbs into packets. learnt a lot from her.

gave $38 for first angbao, $50 for second angbao. my mom gave her $100 ringget, my mother-in-law gave her some frozen fish to bring back.

hi mummies, i can totally relate to all the confinement woes that i read here. I delivered in late dec 09 and my first confinement lady was a nightmare. When I met her, she also talked until she was very experienced and very sought after. Case in point that I learned was that confinement ladies can BULLSHIT alot. Best is to get referral from friends. Anyway, I fired my first one after 5 days and had to frantically search for another confinement lady after that. I phone-interviewed all the 'famous' ones listed on the forum and all were not free and tried to recommend me their friends. I was not very comfortable with the way they talked over the phone... (seemed very 'confident' and assuming on the line). I hate the 'know-it-all' sort.

The first one would carry my crying baby to me EVERY 30min to 60min and tell me that baby is hungry. I was like WTF!! How can u interpret baby's crying as hungry ALL THE TIME? I couldn't even rest in the first week, was so angry. Anyway, I fired her for other reasons, mainly hygiene probs, slow in doing stuffs and inability to process our instructions.

In the end, we managed to find a friend's ex CL who could stand in for 14 days. She was a literal angel because she was really very sweet to my baby. She doted on the baby so much because she would carry him for hours if he fussed. She also would spend her free time (when bb is sleeping) to read up on nutritional cooking guides next to the baby's cot.

She was also patient with me for wanting to wake up every 2hrly at night (as in no complaints/laments) to breastfeed the baby. I would say, it's largely all thanks to her support that my baby is still on total breastmilk.

So mummies, pls be careful when u engage CLs. Must get those that are tried, tested and recommended by ppl that you know; don't get those tt are recommended by hearsay.

May,

I agreed with u ..some CL can bullshit alot. I also get those try and tested one, glad tat she's gd and hygiene practise is excellent but pro is she frm indo only can stay in 28 days

Hi

U can call mdm choo...she very experience..local day confinement lady..she had more than 10 year experience..very honest & nice lady...btw she can cook well wif tonic soup also..

her contact is hp:98476976

Hi all mom,

Anyone needs a confinement lady in early Sep 2010. I have paid a $200 deposit for a confinement lady and she did for my sister-in-law recently. The actual price is $2K. She is quite good and from Malaysia, however my mom offers to help me now and I also want to save money. I can absorb $100 and let go at $100 deposit. Anyone interested can SMS or call me at 9188 7560.

Hi all.

I would like to recommend my confinement lady to those who need one.

She is really very good. I am currently engaging her for the 2nd month cos my BB is quite abit to handle.

She is very patient with BB and can see that she loves BB alot. She took really good care of my whole family (including my 2 dogs).

When I brought my BB back for review with my PD, even my PD complimented to me that I got myself a good confinement lady cos she is very knowledgeable and ask me to learn more from my confinement lady.

If anyone is interested to engage her, you can PM me or email me at [email protected] for her contact number.

try this confinement agency 90899426 she help me to look for CL within short notice , her service very good and her nanny helps us to do house work & not calculative like other CL., if not wrong the rate is 1.8K only.

I am thinking of hiring a CL for a 2 week period instead of a 28 day. Is it advisable to hv CL immediately after my delivery or is it better in the second half of the month? The agency advises me it is better to hv CL in the second half of the month because the CL will boil some tonic soup for the mother after the first 2 weeks. I thought that the mum will need the CL help in the first two weeks after delivery because she needs time to recover from delivery. Will realli appreciate some advice.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Val

personally i think its good to have the CL for the first 2 weeks cuz you are still physically weak then and its good to have the lady to help. It also gives u sometime to get used to the routine. Though I agree that if you have the lady during the 2nd half, but for that if you really want, you can ask your mum or mil to help make. Why not the whole 28 days? I think its very useful to have the lady for the whole month. I nearly cried when mine left..felt so helpless suddenly hee hee

Hi ladies,

Getting a CL is good but remember they eat what you eat. If you are not willing to spend extra $$ on food for them, my advise is do not get a CL. Get a catering. Everything will surely goes up electrical and water bill as they will be staying at your place. Think twice.

Hi juv and twinklestarsjta,

Thanks for your kind advise.

I haven't decided on the 14 or full 28 day, partly because hubby is taking 2 weeks off to take care of the family. However, i am not sure if he can do it so I am still debating on it. The family is not used to having an outsider in the house and also having read so many horror stories abt CL, the idea of hving a 2 week period sounds like a good solution.

Moreover, I am getting my CL from an agency so not sure of whether the CL is ok as I am popping soon in a less than a month's time. Both my neighbours' CL did not last for a full month so really not a good experience. I guess it is based on one's luck then. The initial plan is hv MIL to help but she changes her mind and hubby just told me three weeks ago that my MIL is not available to help. So my frantic search for CL...........

Wish me luck!

Hi mummies

If you would like to get your confinement lady to cook Hong Zhao Ji (Hong Zhao Chicken) for you, do feel free to PM me, I have home-made Hong Zhao Jiu (red rice wine).

Not all CLs make this, so they will need to have it before they can cook the dish. I have provided to other CLs and they are very happy with the quality.

The Hong Zhao Jiu is undiluted, in concentrate form, and 1 bottle is sufficient for cooking 2-3 whole chickens.

Do PM me if you need more info! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Mummies

I have the following items for sale:

1) 1 AVENT Manual Breast Pump BPA Free: $70 (Usual price about $99).

- Good condition. Used only twice as I decided to latch-on directly instead of pumping. (Newborn 1 hole teat not included.)

2) 1 AVENT Newborn Starter Set BPA Free: $20 (Usual price about $40).

- Good condition. All 2x260ml bottles (with 2-hole teats), 2x125ml bottles (without 1-hole teats), brush and pacifier are brand new.

3) 1 “My Brest Friend” nursing pillow: $50 (Usual price about $80).

- Good condition. Only used for 1 month. Comes with washable zipper cover and instruction booklet.

4) Baby clothes suitable for 0-3 months old: $20.

- Good condition. Includes 4 rompers, 5 shirts, 3 caps, 1 pants, 5 pairs of unused socks.

5) 1 unopened AVENT box of 2x260ml bottles BPA Free still in plastic wrapping: $30 (Usual price $36.90).

$170 if you buy all the above 5 items and FREE 1 bottle of unopened Obimin multi-vitamin tables (expiry July 2011).

Collection at Jurong Point.

Please PM me if keen. Thanks!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4439997.jpg]

I know of a confinement lady who is quite good n only charging at a rate of $1.8k...Mdm Tan 8421 5295

Hi all mummies

I have just finished my confinement for my first kid, I booked from agency who has very good services and get me a good nanny in short period of time.

Her nanny helps us to do house work, take good care of my bb & not calculative at all. I really appreciate their services and very reasonable rate is 1.8K only.Her contact 90899426

I have just finished my confinement for my first kid, I booked from agency who has very good services and get me a good nanny in short period of time.

Her nanny helps us to do house work, take good care of my bb & not calculative at all. I really appreciate their services and very reasonable rate is 1.8K only.Her contact 90899426

I am doing my confinement right now and am glad that i have found a good CL recommended here. She prepares 5 meals a day for me and guides me alot thou i am having my no.2

She does simple housework and is very patient with my baby; waking up every 2 hourly. My son fell sick and she was very experienced in handling him and made us feel at ease.

If interested, please PM me.

Posted on Monday, October 18, 2010 - 10:28 am:       

Hi dear mummies can u guy give mi advise .

Does the confinement wash your panty ? As she don't want to wash n pass it to my maid ( as organize she wash all mine one n bb ones ) and the breast pump in the middle of the night who shld wash it ? I shld wake her up or maid ? And seen that she is not waking up every three hrs in the midnight she said my bb slp no need wake him up. My confinment lady so automatic ask my maid to turn on tv for her and even ask my maid to drink the soup!!she nv tell me what can do or what cannot do all is I ask her want. I on the 3rd days I've bath Liao . She boil the herb for me . And wash hair tell me after 1mth. I at hm use fan use aircon she also nv say anything .My breast engor she also doesn't know well when I ask her . Pls advise which one is correct which one is wrong. And can I don't want her half way ? She work for me since 12 oct . Her cooking is not bAd . Can share with me actually what her job doing ? I myself slp in a room she slp with bb . And she like also not really attend to me she did ask me every meal want to eat now . And take red date drink to me . But everytime I ask her what time feed bb she still need to think . Maybe she old ? Pls advise .

Would like to caution all MTBs out there NOT to hire this nightmare CL from M'sia. Sacked her after 2 weeks because really cannot tolerate her behaviour anymore.

Her name is Lan Ee, Sg no: 82854384 Msia no: 6016-9188648. She has a very big mole on her face and is plump with short dyed hair.

She was recommended highly to me and when we interviewed her during my pregnancy, she was friendly,supports breastfeeding and appears kind and capable.

Once arrived at our home within 3 days, here are the things she did

- badly overfeed my baby with FM until my PD told us to reduce her feeds

-unhygienc. I found my red dates oily and also found the dishwashing wire sponge's metal pieces in my food. I also got food posioning and had to see GP because of her unhygenic food.

- always watching tv when baby's sleeping. Initially, I was alright with it provided she did her chores but she didn't

- didn't change baby's nappies on time, resulting in bad nanny rashes. When questioned her about it, replied very rudely and refused to put on new diaper for baby. Then baby pooed all over the bed and even the poo flew on the floor.

- wasted our expensive herbs by using it in unnecessary large qty. Asked us to buy so much herbs until $500 and for her to waste!!!

The list can go on ...I was also put off by her bad attitude towards my parents in laws especially my mother in law. She also tried to create dispute by telling made up stories about my mother in law to me and when speaking to my mother in law. she made up stories about me.We only realised after we sacked her. Luckily, our relationship was not damaged by her tales.

Please don't hire this horrible CL and live to regret it like me. Hope this will help MTBs out there!

Hi, I am now in confinement. I really like my confinement lady. She is very experienced in the care of the baby, yummy food esp apple steamed fish! =) Most importantly she is able to get along well with my inlaws and she is rather humorous. With such a good confinement lady, I can put my mind at ease. how i wish she is a member of my family.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

If anyone needs my recommendation, please call me at 98395885. Joen

Hi Mummies,

We are looking for the following WOMEN aged 25 to 40 years old for a 2hours English speaking group discussion:

1) Pregnant Women - 5th Dec, Mon @ 3:45pm OR 7th Dec, Wed @ 1:45pm (only upon screening we will determine which group you belong to)

2) Mothers with at least 1 infant aged 6 to 10 months or 1 child aged 1 to 4 years old who drinks formula milk - 5th to 7th Dec @ 9:45am or 1:45pm or 3:45pm or 4:45pm (only upon screening we will determine which group you belong to)

* Location at Scotts Road.

* Any race. Singaporean.

Cash Incentive of S$100

Please SMS your name and age to Zara at 9189-2420 ASAP. Please do NOT PM.

Cheers!

Queensway, i do agree with you too... I ended my confinement last month with a terrible experience too... Got this CL from agency and the agent claimed that this is a very good CL and this lady claimed that she took care of some of the mummy Media Corp stars like Vivien and Zoe Tay. Seriously, I don't believe all these and when she came, her behaviour and attitude proves me right. Though my nanny cooks proper meals and did her housework, she is not resposible and careful when taking care of my child and me. She used very little amount of semame oil which I later found out that we have to take plently of that during confinement period to warm our body. My longan, red dates drink has been diluted too. She speaks very loud and her handphone rings loudly every night without fail and my baby often jumped up in shocked. For my breakfast, she started off cooking noodles for me but after a few days, she asked my husband to buy bread and cakes, claiming that I can eat all these and I was told that it shouldn't be the way...

When it comes to handling my baby, the way she puts the baby's head on her chest was very scary as she placed the baby's head directly onto her chest. When we asked her not to do it as it may suffocate the baby, she continues doing it until the day she left, claiming the it's safe! One night, she injured my baby's nose bridge while trying to coax my baby to sleep using the so call safe method causing a deep bruise right on my child's nose bridge! Her button on the blouse was pressed directly on the baby's face for too long... She can even smiled to me and said that it's ok and what has happened has already been happened! My husband and I were so upset and we cried after seeing our child.

Not only that, she fed my baby with honey water every day which we tend found out from nurses that babies at young age should not take honey as it may cause phelgm and allergy. My son has been coughing since she left and there are still phelgm in his throat till now....

Moreover, she has got alot of requestsssss during this period. She asked my husband and mother in law to bring her out for CNY shopping many times while working. She asked me to give her old clothes, asked me to give her my expensive spices and even my plants. It's overboard...! I did gave her some clothes and my spices but the plant was for feng shui and it's ridiculous to give her that!

Worse still, we found out from our relatives and friends during CNY visits that she ill-speak things about my family members. She said my baby is the worse baby that she has taken care of and keep on insisting that my mum in law "chong" the baby which makes him cries so much. It's very depressing to hear that as we've endured her nonsense without complaining to the agency. Now I know why she kept complaining that some of her last owners treat her badly... Her attitude and behavoiur has serious problem! I regretted that we pity her and treated her so well by giving in and beliving her...

In case history repeats... Nanny name's Yong Ah Lui, she claimed that people call Ah Jane. Got her from PRE###R Confinement Nanny Care agency...

It's still a matter of luck sometimes. Not everyone has the luck of getting a really good CL.
She is lying the confinment lady that took care of vivian and zoey is auntie lian

Back