* Anyone Started Potty Training at 8months?

neanea

Any mummies started potty train their babies at 8months or later? Can share and comment how you do it?

Thanks.

I start since 2 months. No need push her to do that just try to carry her on the potter and made "peepee" sound like. So she can use potty since 3+ month. Now already 4th month every time she want to urine always call us and pee into her potty, can save a lot of diapers. Unfortunately, it's doesn't work with "Poopoo" that she like to lay and face down on the bed one!! Haha.

Joy,

That was cute.... To face down when poopoo.

Ok, I'll try but my gal now can stand so I think she might stand and gum the potty?!!! Sigh...

May I know what potty brand to buy? Is the Bjorn Chair ok?

Hi Nea!

I started potty train my daughter at 6 months old.

Like Joy every morning will bring her sit on her potty. If after 10 min. 'nothing', will try again later. It took about a week for her to 'get used' to it.

At 10 months old, we got a potty ring/seat (get one with cushion). Bought a folding potty seat too so easier when we travel.

Good luck!

babychloe55,

thanks for sharing.

I've yet to buy a potty.

Don't know which to buy but am thinking of Bjorn Chair.

If you've any recommendations, do let me know.

TIA

Hi Nea,

No preference for any brand, as I trained her since she still can't sit on the potty(My mom bought me a super small size, since I'm pregnant)

Now my girl sit just nice on it!! And I want to save some $$ on potty, as long as it's not cut on her skin will do. and baby grow up very fast, soon to change another size of potty.

I prefer to spend on feeding items or rattle as its material can directly harm my baby :p

Cheers!!

Joy,

thanks for sharing.

Will think through your sharing and find something economical too I hope.

Good night ;)

Babychloe55,

Yup, I saw that at Taka and found it's good. But when I came back search for reviews, many said it's difficult to clean as always splash on the comfy ring. Then must make sure it's always clean and dry else it will smell. Is that true since u have one?

I'm still looking around and waiting for GSS before I buy one.

Thanks

Hi Nea,

This is my 4 moths girl with her potty!!

Can see that it's work and fit well with her size. Easy to clean as just a normal plastic.

Now I already bought a bigger potter for her liew [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Or you may wait till Motherhood @Expo, You may find a good one.

FYI, once your baby get use to the potty then he/she will call you when he/she feeling want to urine. then you can use lesser diapers.

Cheers!!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/7035901.jpg]

Joy,

haha... cute!

Yup, I forgotten there's Motherhood Fair at the end of the month too. Thanks for reminding me. ;)

Nea,

Hi!

I suppose this potty works better for girls because her urine flow is generally downward.

As far as cleaning, I've had no staining/smells in 6 months of use. I rinse both the seat & pot after every use.

This potty works well for my LO. I'm glad I didn't read the reviews before buying it. If not wouldn't have bought it ; )

Hi ladies, can I ask how did you get your babies to communicate that they need to go pee/poo?

After coming across this thread, I was inspired to try with my 10 month old gal and was surprised she actually took to the potty! Or rather, she doesn't mind sitting on the actual toilet (with a child toilet seat) and now hardly poos in her diaper. Sometimes her diaper is actually dry for a long long time, and we find she would pee quite a lot when she's on the toilet.

But that's proving a problem cos I think she's holding her pee and that's bad, esp for a gal.

Any advice?

Back