*** Anyone been to Prenatal Classes?? ***

paulling

HI Mummies,

Anyone been to prenatal classes?

Any recommendations and what is their price?

I've heard Mother and child is ok - but I think the price is quite steep at $420 or $520 depending on which package I sign.

Do you think this price is justifiable?

Thanks for reading my post!

me~ I went to the one at RH. 6 lessons which covers from nutrition, physio stuff (changes to body), exercises pregnant ladies can do,what to expect when due, breastfeeding and how to handle baby. it was less when S$200 and I would say it's beneficial to go for prenatal classes esp for first time mummies. Ask all the qns you want with the experts =)

Hello..try to checkout Thomson Medical Parentcraft prenatal classes..best is to enroll with lecturer Mrs Wong..i am a FBI member so i paid $182+ for 5 lessons and a talk...im attending on 28th April...

I attended the class from tmc. It's alrite as it gives you an idea of what's going on but nothing can prepare you for the actual hand-ons when the baby comes.

I didn't even bother with the last lesson which is a talk in SCGS that takes place in weekdays evenings. Too tiring and traffic is bad there.

Hi Sharon,

I registered for Wong Boh Boi's class, starting May 8th. Many friends suggested me to register with her as they say she's the best/most famous in Singapore (dont know how true that is [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] coz I did hear a couple of negative reviews about her class as well) but I guess it's worth a try. There are 5 classes in total, plus one doctor's talk session. I paid $260+ and it's complimentary for husbands (so it's price per couple)

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for sharing with me. =)

I chose to join KKH in the end... though the first few lessons may not b applicable to me as the preferred timing to join these classes is 4 months onwards and I am already in my 5th month going on 6!

=D

I've been to NUH antenatal class. Total about $190. The classes were quite boring with a lot of repeats, and most things you can just read from internet.

hi Sharon,

yes, fr wat i noe so far on antenatal class, TMC w Mrs Wong is the best. I will be signing up w TMC too.

hello natalie, i am with TMC. although not with mrs wong, i think the instructor/ midwife is pretty good too... although a bit long winded, but certainly give me useful insights as a first-time mother.

the ones at Mt A is good too. they have a strong team there as well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Natalie, I am first-time mother too. I was signed up with TMC / Mrs. Wong last year for the prenatal class. For me and my husband is very useful as we have no family here to share out. Two of my friends never go to prenatal class and end up seek my advice :D When is your EDD? You can only join prenatal class at least on your 7th month pregnancy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

did anyone know whether lessons for TMC (AMK Hub) on 07 May will be postpone due to Polling Day (public holiday)?

i have a wedding dinner that night and i wonder if i can go to other timeslot for that day lessons.

any advice?

TMC Antenatal class seem to be the most popular one. You can try enrolling for TMC antenatal class w Mrs Wong.

Sign up during Mother & BB forum/seminars organized by TMC as the fees will be cheaper.

I've been to the breastfeeding workshops by the Breastfeeding Mothers' Support Group, informative but real life always turns out differently. I would think hiring a breastfeeding consultant after birth would be more helpful. I've also attended a ParentLink labour workshop, but again my actual labour didn't follow the typical pattern -- it was interesting to meet and exchange opinions with expat parents, I was the only local mom there. But not a necessity, definitely!

Hi anyone able to advise me, will it be late to attend for Antenatal Class during 32 weeks? As the date I wanted to attend conducted on Sept.

I just want to share a very bad experience I had with Inspire Mum and Baby. I had arranged to take a private baby care class with them one saturday, and had made arrangements via email and telephone for them to come to my place for the class. They require us to prepay in full to book the class. So i made special arrangements to drive my mother and waited happily for the class, but they didn't show up! I was not given any contact number, and I could not get in touch with the company. I thought then that the company was out to cheat me of my money. Nobody showed up for the class. I finally managed to get in contact with them, and all they could offer was to postpone the class to another day. They offered very little to compensate my family for all the agony caused. It is very distressing to happily anticipate a baby care class, only to be disappointed and now I am in the position where i have to look for another class within a short time. I would advise any one who is contracting with Inspire Mom and Baby to take adequate precautions against the company:

1) DO NOT PREPAY IN FULL to the company. The company apparently does not always deliver the services they contracted.

2) Always ask for a phone number of the person you can contact.

3) Be careful about this company. I wonder about whether they are even real and sincere about offering their services. If you have other choices, go to other firms. Inspire Mum and Baby is not reliable.

Just hope that other people do not have to go through such a bad experience that I went through.

I attended the classes at East Shore. The classes are informative especially on the breastfeeding topic which was given by a lactation nurse who is very helpful and experienced.

NUH antenatal course is good although you may find these info from the internet. They have very qualified nurses and consultants. The price is also reasonable at less than $200.

Ante-natal courses are good as it also provides an opportunity for you and your hubby to bond. In addition, it heightens your anticipation on the arrival of your baby. In other words, it helps in the bondiing too. It also is a good memory and will certainly help if you are to have #2.

TMC class conducted by Mrs Wong is informative. However handouts on information was limited. I would suggest to video her lessons. We did tat during d lesson n she's ok with it. It come handy when we would like to refresh d information or have forgotten what she said.

Back